Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

Loc: in a dark corner
Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1159290 - 12/20/02 11:54 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I skimmed the thread, June 29th, sounds good. I'll let everyone know around here, and some cow field hunters in Mississippi too....

I also know someone in Uganda Africa I can tell...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #1159361 - 12/21/02 01:40 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

First of all i must confess that i respect your enthusiasm and your will to do good.

At the same time, your idea might make some of the fellow Shroomerites feel awkward,
or even unsafe. I suppose that all of us have as #1 "law", to annoy noone. Therefore i
really think you should open a new thread for discussion on whether your idea can use
the term "Shroomery". If there is a massive dissagreement, the better should be to
use this virtual place as usual, but invent another, perhaps mystic, name to use outside
there.

As for those who say that we have to shout our rights than live in shadows, i say that
i agree completely. But we have to know the correct words to shout. If they are wrong,
we lost the war. So lets be careful :wink: 

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1159471 - 12/21/02 03:45 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

matts:
sorry if it sounded like i was attacking you, didn't mean to.

i just think that the flyer thing could work, and we still do ahve to be careful. and not go waving it in fromt of any cops.

but about the nabourhood thing....i live in the middle of no whear, my nabour is a 5min walk away :P

(oh and yes i know thats not spelt right)

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: kykeon]
    #1159485 - 12/21/02 03:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't know we were going to use the term shroomery.

I've said that i would be prepared to set up a small website, hosted in UK, for people to look at as a focal point for World Shroom Day. And i don't see how that is going to make other people feel awkward or unsafe, unless they're paranoid schizos, and in that case it doesn't matter what i do or say anyway.

If anyone is going to get any hassel over this it'll be me, as any website i set up will be registered directly to me. And i don't give a shit, as i've been getting hasselled all my life for my beliefs and they haven't stopped me yet. And no, i won't go to prison for it.

I just can't understand why people are getting upset about this? In uk we have the right to protest and to organise protests. We have the right to free assembly and to freedom of expression. I'm not telling anyone to break any laws, i'm just supporting the idea of Dogomush to get as many people tripping on shrooms at the same time, in as many places as possible, and in doing so show people that shroom-heads are fun loving, sensible, friendly people, who just want to join together and celebrate the shroom.

If they hang you in your country for even considering taking shrooms then that is nothing to do with me. In my country they don't, and i'm going to spread the word. As i have said, it's up to others to decide what part they wish or wish not to play in this, i'll simply play mine.

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #1159644 - 12/21/02 06:00 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

ok then, if u make your own webpage that will support your actions, no Shroomerite can say that u will destroy this place.
I am sure that the Shroom Day will be a success among us. :smile:

to play the part of devil's advocate, i have to say to u, that there are those u like Timothy Leary's approach and actions and that there are those who prefer the Albert Hoffmann's view on the subject. We are all together in this involved, but each one of us is an individual, so we have to respect every single one. Do what you wanna do, but take care not to involve the whole Shroomery Community as this may cause problems to 'psychotic' Shroomerites; after all, we have to help psychotic people in general, not hassle them :wink:

i will be happy to help you; if you need something in building the webpage for instance. Good Luck! :smile: 

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1159667 - 12/21/02 06:13 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I would think associating a world trip day with the shroomery would be a bad idea, and we don't really have any right to pull them into this considering how we're just posters on their site. I think we should just spread the word however we want. Obviously don't get caught. I plan on telling my friends about it and tripping with them on the day, and I also want to tell acquaintances about it as though it's some established day, not something some people dreamed up on the internet. On the ideal successful shroom day people might notice a few more "loonies" than usual wandering around, and cops all over the world would be emptying parks of ranting bongo-drummers a little more than usual.

The worldwide mushroom community is like the mushrooms it consumes. There's a network of people spread all across the globe hidden beneath the surface of society and every now and then one of us eats the mushroom and pops up out of the dirt to go through a brief trip cycle. My vision of an ideal shroom day would be a huge flush of trippers, enough that people notice without us being in their face with megaphones saying "I trip on mushrooms!"

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1160939 - 12/21/02 06:12 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Im already looking forward to the end of June!  :grin:

Even if only a handful of people join in, that would make me happy.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: pattern]
    #1161448 - 12/22/02 04:07 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

it would be nice to make this day a spectrum

as we all know, shrooms is a great mind opener. but what if we were able to figure out how to control while on them. such as everybody that is in on this shroom day, can be tought how to mentally connect with everyone else. and it would be more than just doing shrooms, it would be like a secret society where everyone does shrooms on this night to have an overwhelming enlightenment...

just a thought =o)

OfflineSuperficial
Existentialisthiccup
    #1161604 - 12/22/02 05:36 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Now unless you have something constructive to say, go away. 

I don't see how what I said could possibly have riled you so.

Quote:

You are one fucked up person. Are you on some serious medication or something? Or are you a drug cop?

I don't see any reason for you to call a shroomery mod narc, or why you would say he / she is fucked up.

I share your enthusiasm, but there is no need for insults.

I'll go away and design a flier. :tongue: 

Invisiblematts
matts

#1161744 - 12/22/02 06:38 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Administrator

Edited by matts (12/22/02 06:46 AM)

OfflineMeow
Stranger

Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: matts]
    #1161776 - 12/22/02 06:51 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I agree with matts about the flyer thing. Posting on forums and maybe starting your own website is good and all but handing out flyers is asking for trouble. Ravers thought it was a good idea to "spread the love" and hand out flyers about events but now the government is cracking down on it. They have outlawed raves in the RAVE Act...it's ILLEGAL to have a party now! All of the old people who all about "spreading the love" are now wishing their scene was still underground. Now it's infested with idiots, and people who call themselves ravers but just make the scene look bad. I would rethink the flyer thing before handing it out to the public.

~meow~

Invisible????p?F???d??
Black Man

Loc: Outer Space
Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: Meow]
    #1169686 - 12/25/02 12:20 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

This sounds like a great idea except the part of the flyers (or any type of big scale advertising). We should try to keep this plan just in the shroomery for now, if it grows beyond that it should be with natual growth by word of mouth, and websites, not by public ads or flyers.

Shrooms are still not a well known drug by much standards (compared to MJ, coke, acid, etc..) that is why a hobbyist is able to obtain spores, grow, and live in relative peace. Bringing shrooming into the mainstream with a big flyer giveaway might not be a good idea.

OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

Loc: in a dark corner
Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: ????p?F???d??]
    #1169689 - 12/25/02 12:24 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Good point, let it grow like 4/20....By word of mouth. Just tell the people that are interested in this type of thing. The last thing we need is a flyer preaching the spirituality of mushrooms to fall into the hands of a community leader. That's how the proverbial shit hits the fan.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: KillerClown]
    #1172672 - 12/26/02 07:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

This is a great idea! But I wonder if it would be better off as something kept secret... I like the idea of a bunch of people getting together on this day to do shrooms together but what about unwanted people? You know there's a lot of people who don't want to just have fun or get spiritual enlightenment or whatever and they could come and send people into bad trips or insult people who are just enjoying their trip  :mad:

--------------------
]

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: Wysefool]
    #1172676 - 12/26/02 07:38 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

rofl how would you keep it a secret AND keep it universal??

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1172730 - 12/26/02 08:28 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: Meow]
    #1177020 - 12/29/02 09:15 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah, I agree with matts about the flyer thing. Posting on forums and maybe starting your own website is good and all but handing out flyers is asking for trouble. Ravers thought it was a good idea to "spread the love" and hand out flyers about events but now the government is cracking down on it. They have outlawed raves in the RAVE Act...it's ILLEGAL to have a party now! All of the old people who all about "spreading the love" are now wishing their scene was still underground. Now it's infested with idiots, and people who call themselves ravers but just make the scene look bad. I would rethink the flyer thing before handing it out to the public.

~meow~

the rave act never made it, heh. i agree tho, the scene is relly fukt in the ass. eh well... i'm damn confident that if we keep fighting this war on drugs, and many selfless individuals continue to sacrifice themselves in the struggle (like the njweedman), the government will back down.
I subscribe to drcnet and drug policy alliance, and man oh man do we seem to be doing well, heh. One of those crazy drug warriors who is notorious for fucking up many a life has turned around and proposed that DEA is getting nowhere with its bullshit. One of the main people fighting this war, and the leading reason why question 9 didnt pass in nevada may be removed from the DEA for using money to campaign and lobby when it was illegal to do so.
Hoorah for us!

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #1177719 - 12/29/02 02:31 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineShockey
#shrooms

Loc: Utah
Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: matts]
    #1180613 - 12/30/02 07:03 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

this shouldnt be expected to be universal by next june.  i mean it would be nice.  but its harder to get things around and get poeple to do it then it looks.  ill draw a flyer.  but just for the site if it goes up.  and there is the few who would just eat mushrooms on that day for the wrong cause as someone said eirlier.  id love and will be apart of this :laugh:  and id like to be apart of making the site if thats ok. 

The flyers shouldnt happen. the site should.  the word of mouth should.  running down the school halls yelling the date and what for shouldnt.  and everyone told should be explained to why it is the day.  and not just eat mushrooms this day this time.  anyway peace. 

--------------------
The sun and moon will Many a time rise and set.
And there are many decisions in life.
Some are wrong Some are right.
But like the sun and moon It will always go on.

OfflineJames420
Psilocybin Master
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arizona
Re: Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think? [Re: Shockey]
    #9323175 - 11/27/08 05:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i really hope this happens in the near future that would be so awesome!

--------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Fire

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds