Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecolimon
DingoDogBoy
Male

strong THC drops?
    #6502439 - 01/27/07 02:42 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hello there guys! I was just wondering if you used glycerine to extract thc for 2 months if it would make pretty potent thc drops that don't even need heat to work! I read it on an other forum that 2 to 3 drops is all you need... Has anyone tried this or know it works? thanks for your support! YOU GUYS ROCK! Keep on rockin in a free world... dun dun dundundun... oh dear, my mind wandered off again! :smile:

--------------------
I believe with the advent of acid we discovered new way to think and it had to
do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people think it's
so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply? Because
they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted.
That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go
in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they
don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Re: strong THC drops? [Re: colimon]
    #6502615 - 01/27/07 04:12 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting! I have never heard of glycerine used in THC extractions before. Do you have something that i could read?

EDIT:> Heat is usually not necessary. Heat just speeds up the process. You can do a 2 month extraction without heat, with almost any solvents that are soluble by THC.

I have always been inclined to do butane extractions for the sake of potency, money, and time. You can obtain a potent smokable oil in less then two hours.

Other routes to increase potency can be taken the old fashion method of alcohol extraction, and then a wash with ether and water. However thees methods can be time consuming, costly, and involve chemicals that are dangerous and not always easy to obtain.

The 100% alcohol(ethanol) will pull out all of the cannabinoids as well as other undesirables such as chlorophyll's, pigments, waxes, oils, resins, terpenes, carcinogens, etc. When we mix with equal parts ether and water, then let separate....... The water pulls out water solubles undesirables, and the alcohol pulls out the alcohol soluble undesirables, while the ether layer (ON TOP) is ultimately soluble by just the cannabinoids. (maybe a few very insignificant chemicals as well are soluble by the ether)

Once you separate and evaporate all of the ether completely, then you have an extremely potent oil. I don't know how this compares to butane extracts, but i know it is more then likely to be more potent. (I would love for someone to prove me wrong! I love butane extracts!)

If you like, you can go to the next level and do isomerisation, which converts cannbinoids into THC that did not exist before, thus creating a 100% THC extract. This is done with a drop or two sulfuric acid and then refluxing to begin a reaction. However the delta-9 Tetrahydracanabinol will most like have a higher rotation resulting in..... lets say delta-12 Tetrahydracanabinol.

For more information you can read about this from

Marijuana Chemistry
-Michael Starks.

PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS WITHOUT LEARNING PROPER PROCEDURE, AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR THE CHEMICALS INVOLVED. PETROLEUM ETHER IS HIGHLY FLAMMABLE, AND TOXIC.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Edited by pscyanescens (01/27/07 04:15 PM)

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: strong THC drops? [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6503413 - 01/27/07 10:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

After getting off the phone with my mentor/teacher, he has informed me that glycerin is a lubricant, or oil by itself. If you used it you would be essentially adding oils that do not contain THC and making it less potent, not to mention the health issues attributed to smoking glycerin. Out of all solvents used for extraction techniques purity and cleanliness should be an important factor.

My friend has taken various solvent and let them evaporate on a piece of pure clean glass, and then looked at them under a microscope. Diesel, white gas, methanol, ethanol, chloroform, turpentine, acetone, and more probably. None came up even close to as clean as 100% lab grade Petroleum Ether. Under a microscope it left little to no residuals.

Glycerin was not used in his experiment, because he knows it is a oil/lubricant and will undoubtedly result in undesired residuals. If you were to attempt to separate the cannabinoids from a glycerin extract, you would most likely want to use the highest grain alcohol you can get ( 100% ethanol ) and this will discard the glycerin and its residuals. But why would you use glycerin in the first place when you can just start with ethanol to begin with?

He also mentions that Glycerin is used mostly for enemas and suppositories. He says, so if you want to take your extract and stick it up your bum, then it will definitely feel the effects.

If you are looking for a fast acting oral high, it is quite simple. Buy the purest cleanest (no color) grain alcohol you can get your hands on. This is usually Evercelar (190 proof) Not all places sell it but they will usually carry Everclear that is at least 151 proof. Soak weed in the alcohol until half of it evaporates naturally, filter the rest through a double layer coffee filter, and squeeze all the juice you can get out into a glass Pyrex baking dish, bigger the better, you want to maximize your surface area to reduce evaporation time. You don't want it to be too thick, so timing is important, because you need to use an eyedropper to administer dosage. Filter again if necessary. Store in a 7oz. Vile with a eyedropper attached to the lid. Thees can be found at your local hippie/organic herb store. Fill up the vile and squirt several drops onto your tongue and let it absorb into your mouth. You will feel an instant head high, more of a warm feeling and body high. I have not actually done this, but i intend on doing it in the future. I tried it however last year, my friends up in Humboldt County gave me some and tole me how he made it. I liked it allot to tell the truth. Quite different then smoking.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Loc: The Border of Reality
    #6503808 - 01/28/07 12:21 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Glycerin is not as good a solvent as alcohol, but it is less harsh if you are trying to use it as a tincture in the mouth.

I still think heating it is the way to go before putting it in the alcohol/glycerin because it makes sure all the THC is as potent as it can be.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: strong THC drops? [Re: Compass]
    #6503819 - 01/28/07 12:34 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

But why would you want to "cut" you oil to a less potent percentage? Just evaporate your alcohol to the desired potency. I imagine that higher levels of alcohol would only result in a faster absorption of the THC, resulting in a quicker, more on demand high.

If you want it less harsh, then evaporate more alcohol. You can always add a few drops of flavoring to kill the harshness as well. Just like a mini cocktail!!

--------------------
----------------

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Loc: The Border of Reality
    #6503835 - 01/28/07 12:51 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

A high-grade alcohol will burn the mouth, but if you add it to a drink, then you are good to go.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: strong THC drops? [Re: Compass]
    #6503862 - 01/28/07 01:09 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I suppose it is up to the user i guess. Some prefer beer, some prefer vodka, some prefer Bacardi 151. All i know is you feel the more potent ones first. This is the same for mushrooms IMO. The babies are supposed to be more potent by weight, and when i eat the little guys i get high quicker.

Let me put it in terms of smoking weed.

Some like to take lots of little baby hits out of a pipe. Some like to take a giant 4 foot bong hit. It is all up to the user.

I personally wouldn't mind a little burn if it is going to go straight to my head immediately. But then again i don't think that Bacardi 151 is so bad straight, while others would avoid it at almost any cost.

--------------------
----------------

OfflineFrosty_Storm
Wandered off inwonderland
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
    #6505220 - 01/28/07 02:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Just blaze? Bong rips are so much fun im not sure why you would want to get rid of em :smile:  Unless of course you are worried about the health of smoking. Extracts just seem like too much work to me, although hash is great =D

--------------------
Shrowded in an angelic white veil of darkness
~Frosty Storm~

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: strong THC drops? [Re: Frosty_Storm]
    #6505380 - 01/28/07 03:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

FrostyStorm:

I have taken thousands of bong rips in my days, and i will take thousands more if i got anything to do with it. Nothing really beats a bong rip. However i have not really experienced any type of oral cannabis effects other then this alcohol extract. If you read above, it is not that hard, and if you are interested in doing extractions, then the end result doesn't even have to turn out good.

Sometimes it is more about knowledge. It is not all about getting high.

My teacher/mentor who tells me about extractions and sometimes helps with them, is not really interested in consuming the end result. He seems to be more concerned about how high i get from it. Me being a test subject with a high tolerance. And we are both interested in the learning proper scientific procedure, and most importantly understand on a scientific level what we are extracting, and what specifically are we discarding. Not to mention, the purest, and healthiest way to go about it. Chemicals leave residuals that make people claim they are unnatural. They are. But if we use pure clean solvents for extract, and we evaporate the solvents properly, then we end up with a more "natural" byproduct.

--------------------
----------------

Edited by pscyanescens (01/28/07 03:57 PM)

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6505404 - 01/28/07 04:08 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Most extractions are done with shake, or fan leaves, or moldy buds, pretty much all undesirables containing trace amounts of a desirable substance. I have even heard of people doing marijuana resin extracts. Thees are not things most people would enjoy taking bong rips of. This is another reason why extractions are made. Just like some people extract the psilocybin from their mycelium cakes. Would you want to eat a mycelium cake? Or would you rather mix a drop of psilocybin extract into your coffee or juice?

Most good pot that people would love to take a bong rip of, would usually not be made into an extract. Mostly because it can be sold for a lot more money in its super chronic sticky icky goodness form. It doesn't even have to be that great if the look, and smell, and crystals, and stickiness are there. It will still sell faster then most extracts. People can look at your pot and usually be able to tell if it is good or not, but when they look at some oil in a vile, and you tell them its good, they are not always that easily convinced.

--------------------
----------------

OfflineMNoisy
Stranger
    #11485598 - 11/19/09 01:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

dont spam...k

Edited by notapillow (11/19/09 03:14 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals