Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineArkansas
I'm a good guy,get to know me.
Loc: Arkansas
Prepare for the trip of your life . . .
    #1148462 - 12/17/02 10:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I thought I would open up a post for people to share with others what they do to prepare forr a trip. I usually get some good music together(Evanescence, DJ Mystic, Tangerine Dream etc.), grab a few friends, and find a secluded camping spot. I think it is very important to be comfortable so I bring my hammock and dress appropriately(definitely decorative; dress for a journey, I need to feel real good about what I'm wearing, weird huh). Then I eat'em, wait for the effects, smoke some fine weed, and wander about. That's about it for me. I know some people fast, some take vitamin C, etc . . . What kind of stuff do you guys do that seems to enhance your trip or get you in that perfect mood for the trip of your life?

--------------------
Anyone seen my keys?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Prepare for the trip of your life . . . [Re: Arkansas]
    #1149178 - 12/17/02 02:57 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i like to medatate, it helps me be nice and relaxed and if for some reason my medation dosen't go well, i decided that mabey i shouldn't trip that night.
and if i get a good vibe, i know it'll be a good trip. it has never let me down.
i also take some vitamin c, and my usual dose is 1/2q. and if i'm feeling bold, 5g's
and l love being outside. but having a house near by. and i alsocase about what i wear. i make sure i'm in nice comfey clothes, and a blanket is good too.music is always a big part, the cd effexor-download, is one of my favourites.
and i like being near trees, they can be so amazing.

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1149805 - 12/17/02 06:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

On my last trip, I went outside and sat on our bench and read some Lord of the Rings until the effects started to really kick in. It was quite good, because it kept my mind off wanting the trip to kick in, kept me calm, and was a good start to a trip. I think I'll try reading before most trips now.

OfflineShroomStrider
Wanderer

Re: Prepare for the trip of your life . . . [Re: Sheepish]
    #1150082 - 12/17/02 08:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Reading sounds like a very good thing to do while you are waiting for the trip to start! I am going to try it next time.

--------------------
'It's a complete realization of the aims of psychedelia. But if you take LSD what you experience depends entirely on who you are. Our music may give you the screaming horrors or throw you into screaming ecstasy. Mostly it's the latter.' Roger Waters

OfflinedoCtR_diSCreeT
DoctR g0nEMaAd...

Loc: iNfesTinG yOur teRraRium
    #1150150 - 12/17/02 09:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Just chill and wait for the effects to kick in...

I can never seem to take my mind off of the come up...

--------------------

Peace!

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#1150157 - 12/17/02 09:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, reading is a good idea.  It'd get your imagination going before your trip gets going.  :laugh: 

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Prepare for the trip of your life . . . [Re: Llamanose]
    #1150220 - 12/17/02 09:58 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Especially something like Lord of the Rings! I was a little worried that it might make my trip a bit dark and weird, because I was up to the bit in Two Towers where Frodo, Sam and Gollum are at the gates of Mordor and there's lots of bleak and nasty shit happening. :smirk: Reading IS fun! 

Offlineolywaguy47
SalviAdvocate

Loc: Olympia, WA
    #1150425 - 12/18/02 01:15 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Amazing!

For years, I've asked people if they've ever heard of Tangerine Dream, and all I've gotten is blank stares. Nice to hear I'm not alone in appreciating just how good they sound when in that 'special place' that we all know and love... smile.

They're definately my top choice for background music, especially when I am alone and not looking to be disturbed... another good group to listen to is Kraftwerk, but there again, probably hardly anyone has heard of them??

--------------------
Got Salvia? E-mail me, or visit website to Just Say Once To Salvia -- it's legal, unique, and Out Of This World!

InvisiblePenroc3
hypno toad
 User Gallery

Re: Prepare for the trip of your life . . . [Re: olywaguy47]
    #1152363 - 12/18/02 04:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

if you wanna trip by your self witch is fun sometimes for a nice head trip, eather get a friend to do a book on taape for you or get a book on tape and listen to it during your trip in a dark room, have it on quit. its awsome

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

#1153189 - 12/18/02 11:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I did the same thing (LOTR for come-up). I was tripping with my two good friends, 4 hits of acid in the Adirondacks (mountain range in eastern NY). We were out in the middle of nowhere, and it was sooo secluded and secure. LOTR (Fellowship) set a perfect mood; I was only able to concentrate for 20 mins or so, but it was great. I recommend this to anyone who remotely enjoys readying (not necessarily LOTR, any book is good, fantasy books are great though).

--------------------
ha

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
Re: Prepare for the trip of your life . . . [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1155375 - 12/19/02 03:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I went to the Adirondacks in 93.  Camping up near Lake George (last of the mohicans place).  Beautiful place indeed.

I'm a Pagan and i'm really into the inmportance of ritual and ceremony when tripping into the other world.  Ritual isn't so important for little trips but if you ever work up to large doses then you start to see the importance of ritual and ceremony to protect the mind.

I always begin my trips by spending the day cleaning my flat totally.  It's always kept clean and tidy but if i'm tripping i get fanatical about it.  Then once it gets dark outside i have a bath and make my cocoa-shrooms.  I always trip naked when i'm at home as i think clothes destroy the freedom of the mind.  I suppose the idea in the ritual is that i strip away the restrictions that the world places upon me and wash away the filth of their disgusting society.

Once i've drank my cocoa-shrooms i retire to my bedroom where i have a nice set of speakers and sub woofer underneath my bed :laugh:  I like Can's Tago Mago album for coming up.  It's so funny and imaginative.  The singer is some absolutely fucked up Japanese guy.  I light some high quality incense and while i listen to Can i perform a ritual reading of my Tarot.  The Tarot is the guide for my trip.  It tells me what i should be focusing on, and it is a very calming and centering experience.  I'm still getting used to reading Tarot on shrooms, it's much more easily understood on acid, e, or cannabis.  Each drug teaches something different about the Tarot and the Tarot teaches something different about each drug.  I'm just having a little difficulty working out what shrooms and Tarot are teaching me about each other and therefore myself.  I'll find that understanding eventually, and that is when the magic really begins.

Once the reading is done and i'm starting to really buzz, i put the Tarot away and turn off the light lay back and let the shrooms take me where i need to go.

When the trip ends, i always finish by cleaning up the kitchen from when i made the cocoa and tidying up any other stuff that i've got out and left around while i've been tripping, and then i have another bath and then i go to bed and listen to Afro Celt Sound System's Sound Magic album.  I always start and end my trips this way no matter what i do in the middle.  And no matter how fucked up my trips get i can always find my way back to reality, because i always start in the same place and end in the same place.  You can trip very heavily doing this and keep your mind in one piece.  It also gives you a lovely clean home. :laugh:   

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Incense

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports