Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCircleShark
Stranger

Adjusting temperature in Poor Man's Terrarium
    #11479838 - 11/18/09 06:38 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'm on a pretty tight budget so I'm using quite a bit of 2 and 3 liter bottles for one cake terrariums.  The biggest problem I've seem to encounter with them is adjusting the temperature.

If anyone has any useful tips, advice, methods, or experience with this I would really really appreciate it if you'd be so kind as to share.

Thanks

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: Adjusting temperature in Poor Man's Terrarium [Re: CircleShark]
    #11480026 - 11/18/09 07:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

anything between 65 and 80 is gonna be fine

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflineCircleShark
Stranger

Re: Adjusting temperature in Poor Man's Terrarium [Re: Slimz]
    #11480227 - 11/18/09 07:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I thought that would be alright, but I'm trying to make them notice the temperature change. 

The guide I'm using says that while they're in the jars they should be at 85 degrees for fast colonization. Then, when they are colonized they should be taken out and put into the fruiting chamber with a temperature drop to 75 degrees to make them start creating pins faster.

Once pins have formed and begun to grow, the guide says to adjust the temperature back to 85 degrees for them to get fully grown faster.

Once you pick the mushrooms it says to go back to 75 degrees for more pins.

Its says this cycle is a fast and efficient way of growing, which is why I am so preoccupied with finding a good way to adjust the temperature for my simple poor man terrariums.

anymore advice or methods would still be greatly appreciated

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

Loc: Best city in Texas
Re: Adjusting temperature in Poor Man's Terrarium [Re: CircleShark]
    #11480850 - 11/18/09 08:49 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Why don't you try putting your FC in a big plastic ziplock bag? I to used a setup similar to yours. Mine was just a water gallon cut on top, inch of perlite, then cake on foil. All in a bag and it was doing well. Just my input on that. GL

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:
Anything that has been posted by the user "texas_raised" is all made up and make believe. The user texas_raised is not responsible, nor will be held liable, for anything that is posted, read, and written on this website.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation