Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJ.T
Condensed to a singularity
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Poppies: Can you over fertilize with [P] Phosphorous & [K] Potassium?
    #11475266 - 11/17/09 05:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My poppies are starting to show the 'swans head' which means they have started to flower. Is it possible to increase the size/yield with Phosphorous & Potassium?

Can you over fertilize with P & K? I read through the Overgrowers FAQ and it didn't seem to mention anything.

Thanks in advance!

Peace...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Poppies: Can you over fertilize with [P] Phosphorous & [K] Potassium? [Re: J.T]
    #11475693 - 11/17/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You can over fertilize, it is always best to follow the directions on the label until you know what it is doing to your plants.

I think once they are at that stage, they have used up most of what fertilizer you have given them to produce the flower heads already present. It would of been better to feed them P and K as they were elongating and forming flower buds but it probably wouldn't hurt to try it on a couple and record the results....:smile:

If you have been feeding them quite heavily to begin with, which I assume you have. It is probably better to start giving them straight water to get some of the chemical ferts out of the plant. Ferts are bad M'kay!

Mine aren't too far away either, a pic from two days ago....

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Poppies: Can you over fertilize with [P] Phosphorous & [K] Potassium? [Re: karode13]
    #11475963 - 11/17/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

dude, poppies grow like weeds.  all they need is freshly turned soil.  it barely rains even in the winter here.  we get a few storms and all the wild poppies patches i sow bloom like crazy.  the only thing i ever do is sow and harvest :wink:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Poppies: Can you over fertilize with [P] Phosphorous & [K] Potassium? [Re: TODAY]
    #11476020 - 11/17/09 06:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

True, poppies are a weed and left alone will bloom on their own. But when trying to grow something in our gardens, we want to grow them to their potential and if we can push them further that is even better, fertilizers help us achieve these goals.

--------------------

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies: Can you over fertilize with [P] Phosphorous & [K] Potassium? [Re: karode13]
    #11476171 - 11/17/09 07:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

karode13 said:
True, poppies are a weed and left alone will bloom on their own. But when trying to grow something in our gardens, we want to grow them to their potential and if we can push them further that is even better, fertilizers help us achieve these goals.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

OfflineJ.T
Condensed to a singularity
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
    #11483154 - 11/19/09 12:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

karode13 said:

QFT.

Yes I totally agree. And from not watering a few of my Poppies, thinking they can survive as the do grow in "dust and dirt without much rain" and look what happened to them:
[More pics in my Growlog]

You can over fert with Potassium, it causes nasty things to happen. Though almost impossible to over fert with Phosphorous.

I've been fertilizing them with Bat Guano, so here's hoping!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds