Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineseeker28
student
Male User Gallery

Loc: The 28th Dimension
Finished my last school exam today... :D.... :(.... :|
    #11472858 - 11/17/09 10:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've used the yinyang symbol to represent this post because I'm feeling mixed, conflicting feelings about today.

I just had my last school exam today and now I'm home from a house party celebrating that fact - I feel liberated, but at the same time a bit sad to see my school days gone.

I don't know if I've always felt this, but school has been my medium through which I've been so comfortable expressing my thoughts. I guess I'm kind of nostalgic of all those religion classes and ethics classes in which I enjoyed instigating and catalysing deep philosophical discussion.

I can't wait 'til I start uni, to be honest. I'm thinking of doing Arts/Law. If I don't get a high enough score for that I'll probably do Arts for a year and then transfer into Law, or do Psychophysiology all the way to PhD level.

Anyone with experience in these courses?

I kind of have the feeling that now I'm really born again. I mean I sort of had it when I turned 18, then I sort of had it when I finished yr 12 classes, but this is really it, thus far anyway...i'm not sure if I'll ever feel truly liberated until I'm truly in love. That's probably what is holding me back...then again...can we ever be truly liberated when we live under governments that condemn entheogens? I don't think so....I've been thinking of venturing into politics in order to instigate/catalyse change regarding entheogens; an issue which I think relates to many issues facing us today - consumerism, war, economic/capitalistic fixation, and most importantly of all in my opinion: environmental degradation/destruction.

Sure, I'll wait a few years until I get into politics, if I do, so I can approach it with a degree/some degrees under my belt, along with the experience uni provides you regarding argumentative techniques, opinionative extrapolation, articulate development of ideas/notions etc.
Anyone here with experience in these fields? I'd love to hear from you :smile:

I've been through an all-male school since yr 5, so I suppose I'll hit it off once I start uni, according to what I've heard, at uni you should be right girl-wise if you're yourself, and I'm a pretty open guy so I shouldn't have any problems. It's just that the absence of love in my life is tangible to me, and maybe that's one of the cons of going to a single-sex school.

I've probably been too open here according to the majority of standards, but you know what? Fuck it. Being open is the way to go.

I'm up for hearing others' experiences of leaving high school, and the paradigm shift that may have coincided with it.

So by all means, tap away those feelings into your keyboard and click "continue" :wink:

:heart: :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
Re: Finished my last school exam today... :D.... :(.... :| [Re: seeker28]
    #11472958 - 11/17/09 10:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

you never explained where you are in school at the moment.

--------------------

Offlineseeker28
student
Male User Gallery

Re: Finished my last school exam today... :D.... :(.... :| [Re: Neuron]
    #11473016 - 11/17/09 10:46 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Finished.

Completely done with school as of today.

Well, yesterday if you want to be meticulous :tongue:

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

#11473070 - 11/17/09 10:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The original post isn't very coherent. If you've got the GPA, go for the grad school of your choice.

--------------------

OfflineFisherman
Tchee'ik
Male

Loc: Glrrrrrrr!
    #11473169 - 11/17/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Neuron ^ yay for everything :awesome:

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS DRUGS

InvisibleDieCommie

#11473187 - 11/17/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
The original post isn't very coherent. If you've got the GPA, go for the grad school of your choice.

Might take a little more than that.  A 4.0 GPA alone wont get you into top schools, especially for a PhD program.  Whatever undergrad research he has will be very important, as well as GRE scores.  I graduated with a ~3.7 GPA and the highest 'ranked' grad school I got into was #20 (I turned them down :tongue:)

Offlineseeker28
student
Male User Gallery

#11473240 - 11/17/09 11:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:lol: sorry man, as I said I've just come home from a house party, at which I had my fair share of beer :tongue2: so I apologize if my post wasn't that coherent  :smilingpuppy:

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

#11473454 - 11/17/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's okay, it seems that you are unsure which path to take. It would be helpful if you could explain what you're looking for out of further education or a future job?

EDIT: I see you're in Australia, I think google would be a better 'person' to ask instead of me. :P Avoid Yahoo! Answers.

--------------------

Offlineseeker28
student
Male User Gallery

#11473547 - 11/17/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmm, maybe.

I'm probably moreso looking for other people's experiential anecdotes of when they were in the same position as myself right now..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order