Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms!
    #11470849 - 11/16/09 10:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

check this propaganda,i thought you all would want to see this. It was in our newspaper,my mom showed it to me.so i found it online,follow the link.tell me what you think.
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Death+sprouts+mushroom+warning/2227144/story.html

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #11470915 - 11/16/09 10:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

"indicate his death could be linked to his taking what he thought were hallucination-causing "magic" or psilocybin mushrooms."

this my friend, is what you should have read more closely.
even the media knows you can't die directly from magic mushrooms.

but yeah, i read a earlier article about the same thing happening "breathing stops" and it's strange cause i don't really know a mushroom that stops you from breathing.

Offlinealiensexxx
creature teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: within
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #11470937 - 11/16/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Could maybe be from the heat of the water + poisonous mushrooms?? Was he in the waterr?

--------------------

"..and we danced, on the brink of an unknown future, to an echo from the vanished past.."

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: aliensexxx]
    #11470974 - 11/16/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

who knows:shrug:

it doesn't say much in the article.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#11471032 - 11/16/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i'll post this again even though i already said it in the shroomery news thread.

poisonous mushrooms dont make you stop breathing shortly after eating them.
people need to wake up to the fact that mushrooms can induce seizures which in some serious and rare cases which are probably related to preexisting epilepsy, can kill.

I think epileptics should be careful about eating psychedelics.

--------------------

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: 2859558484]
    #11471224 - 11/16/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

element my friend,look how i called it propaganda.you my friend should have read my post closer.
obviously i don't believe he died from a magic mushroom.i have been picking and eating shrooms for over a decade and a half.
i recall reading in a book that in the 60's when scientists actually studied these kind of substances they found no harm in consuming psilocybin.
but regardless they get the bad rap.
hope fully the toxicology results are made public or i am able to find them. there isnt much detail about his prexisting health conditions like you guys said. or even what other drugs he may have consumed.

--------------------

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

#11471264 - 11/16/09 11:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

"you my friend should have read my post closer."

what was the part i should have read closer?

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: elementswrath]
    #11471511 - 11/17/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elementswrath said:
"indicate his death could be linked to his taking what he thought were hallucination-causing "magic" or psilocybin mushrooms."

but yeah, i read a earlier article about the same thing happening "breathing stops" and it's strange cause i don't really know a mushroom that stops you from breathing.

Muscarine (inherent in Inocybe and Clitocybe species)  focuses on the involuntary nervous system. Sweating, tearing, severe vomiting, diarrhea, irregular pulse rate, decreased blood pressure, and difficulty breathing are symptoms. A specific treatment is Atropine. Muscarine can be fatal in large amounts.

--------------------

Offlineklopi123
Littlest shroom
Female User Gallery

Loc: canada Flag
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: elementswrath]
    #11471524 - 11/17/09 01:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This is what i found on the internet. Please be careful when consuming shrooms, make sure they are the real deal. Looks like this guy did not I.D. properly.

Revelstoke Times Review
RCMP say death linked to ‘magic mushrooms’

Published: November 16, 2009 6:00 PM

0 Comments RCMP are cautioning residents about consuming psychoactive mushrooms following the sudden death of a 24-year-old man at Halfway Hot Springs last week. The popular natural hot springs is located up a forest service road that branches off of Highway 23 about 75 kilometres south of Revelstoke.

Dieter Eggers, 24, of Taylor B.C., had been travelling in the area with a friend when they stopped to visit the popular natural hot springs.

Nakusp RCMP report that Eggers and his friend had spent a few hours at the springs on the evening of Nov. 8 when Eggers suddenly stopped breathing.

The friend then tried to resuscitate Eggers by using CPR for about 30 minutes. He then left the area and drove along the highway until he reached an area with mobile phone reception. Eggers was dead when emergency services responders arrived.

A press release from the Nakusp RCMP says preliminary results of the autopsy “indicate the cause of death may be linked to the consumption of what was thought by the individual to be ‘magic mushrooms’ or psilocybin mushrooms.”

An Interior Regional Coroners Office spokesperson said that an autopsy had been completed but results from a toxicology test could take weeks.

At this time, it’s unknown if Eggers’ death was influenced by so-called magic mushrooms, another type of mushroom perhaps mistaken for one, or by another substance added to the mushrooms.

“Although police have not yet been able to determine the origin of the mushrooms suspected to be linked to this death, police are urging everyone to avoid consuming anything that is believed to be ‘magic mushrooms’ or psilocybin mushrooms as there may be poisonous substances being sold as ‘magic mushrooms’,” stated the Nakusp RCMP in a press release.

The RCMP say foul play has been ruled out, but an RCMP investigation continues to determine the origin of the mushrooms.

v2

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: klopi123]
    #11471643 - 11/17/09 01:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

your trying to say i dont know that, thats what you should have read closer. i called it propaganda,meaning b.s. they thought it was magic mushrooms. they are saying dont consume psychoactive mushrooms.

--------------------

OfflineTript
It's What You Do
Male

#11471710 - 11/17/09 02:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like they are just warning people there may be some mushrooms floating around that are not really magic mushrooms, but poisonous mushrooms.

"...police are urging everyone to avoid consuming anything that is believed to be 'magic mushrooms' or psilocybin mushrooms as there may be poisonous substances being sold as magic mushrooms..."

--------------------

Formula: 0

Offlineelprawn
Mushroom Guestimator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ilford, England
Trusted Identifier
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: Tript]
    #11472156 - 11/17/09 05:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Let's see if psilocybin appears on the toxicology report... Oh wait. The newspaper's not going to publish that because it won't and even if it did, they wouldn't tell you what else appeared on there.

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: elprawn]
    #11472511 - 11/17/09 08:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yes i agree. i feel they take any chance they can to put ourr mushrooms in a negative light.and when they find out it wasnt a psilocybin mushroom they wont tell you that.
it is a shame that these guys possibly bought these and some fuck head is going around selling poisonous mushrooms.i was in nakusp this summer for a while.its a nice little hippy village in the mountains.
i wouldnt expect that from that community.:frown:

--------------------

Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: elprawn]
    #11472538 - 11/17/09 08:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't believe toxic mushrooms would induce such quick and deadly action.

On two occasions of high dosage (5-7g) I have experienced frightening respiratory distress. Looking back, I justify it as a disruption in autonomous nervous system function. I was tripping really hard. And my urge to take breaths became completely suppressed. It was exceptionally concerning at the time, yet another part of me was very accepting of what was happening.

An interesting thing is that it was all exacerbated by lying down. I was laying on my chest after telling some sitters of how I couldn't breathe well. As I sauntered through my  psychedelic cranium, I remember hearing them say, "He really isn't breathing. What should we do?" I felt that if I stayed there, I would at the very least go unconscious. Whether that would have "jump-started" my breathing or not is a good question. Eventually one of them picked me up, put his arm around me and forced me to walk around for quite a while. Apparently, the walking kicked in my body's functions. I puked and found that breathing came more naturally when walking/talking.

I'm not proposing that I would have died from any of this. But I'm also not ruling it out. Any time respiration is greatly suppressed, in my opinion, there is real danger. This would be especially true in the absence of sober folks to lend a rational mind. I have been increasingly wary of high doses after the above occasion and one other.

Be safe out there folks.

--------------------
Echoes

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: wietstocker]
    #11472600 - 11/17/09 08:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

kinda hard to jump to conclusions when noone even knows what all the guy had taken. for all we know he could have found these mushrooms right there in the woods and misidentified them or it could be the hot water mixed with the drugs in his system. when you are submerged in hot water your blood pressure goes way up and its possible to have heart problems when intoxicated. They say you should never get into hot water when intoxicated for this reason. At any rate there isnt enough to go on to determine what this guy died of... I dont think the media was trying to paint psilocybe mushrooms in a negative light i just think they were getting the story out there to warn others to be cautious.

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #11472635 - 11/17/09 09:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

guy probably had a heart disease or suffered a stroke.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleDannyGlick

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: canid] * 1
    #11472642 - 11/17/09 09:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

He be strokin'.

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

#11472806 - 11/17/09 09:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elementswrath said:

msuhrooms do cause your respitory system to slightly be weaker, you have to put in concideration with ppl with conditions. like myself i have a heart condition and if i drink coffee earlier in the day and take mushrooms later on then for the entire duration of my trip my heart feels like its gonna pop. :shrug: could be all kinds of factors. but for the most part healthy ppl wont have problems with mushrooms.

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:
Any idea's what they might be? Think any are eatable?[/quote]
:rofl2:

everything i post on this site is fake, i never partake in illegal activities.

OfflineLuckOfTheFryish
Hi! I'm Fry!
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Canada Flag
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: mattianyb]
    #11473058 - 11/17/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

this happens to people every year in those hot springs exactly the same way. he just happened to maybe be tripping. just another excuse for the media to take an everyday event and use it as propeganda against drugs

--------------------

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: mattianyb]
    #11473101 - 11/17/09 10:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok i see.
didn't know magic mushrooms depress your breathing.
that could be the case.

Offlineelprawn
Mushroom Guestimator
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #11473452 - 11/17/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Magic Mushrooms don't depress your breathing. They're not a CNS depressant.

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

#11473469 - 11/17/09 12:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

im sorry i kinda worded it wrong. Breathing can seem more labored and focused on psilocybe. ive noticed these effects, but it seems t be related to whenever i take cyans... so maybe a different alkaloid is involved :shrug:

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:

Offlineelprawn
Mushroom Guestimator
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #11473484 - 11/17/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Perhaps it's a psychosomatic response? If you focus on your breathing it can seem slower.

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

#11473490 - 11/17/09 12:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

possibly but it wasnt directly cuased by me actually paying attention. like i sai before i have a heart condition so i believe it is related to that. i understand cyans have a few other tryptamines in it, i did some research awhile back and have a few theories on it.

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:

InvisibleDannyGlick

#11473496 - 11/17/09 12:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That might just be the anxiety factor with the breathing thing.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #11473504 - 11/17/09 12:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

there are an awful lot of 'seems's in that sentence to be speculating on the objective physiologic effects of a complex of substances which by their nature distort perception.

i'm not being critical so much as raising a further consideration.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: DannyGlick]
    #11473508 - 11/17/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DannyGlick said:
That might just be the anxiety factor with the breathing thing.

yes im not ruling anything out, there are many possibilites. though i dont get anxious on shrooms cept for the few time i tested the "coffee in the morning shrooms at night" test. my chest was horribly tight and made it so i couldnt enjoy my trip. other then that i plan my trips out so i dont take stimulants at all for a day or so, otherwis i normally am in a childs tate of mind with no health worries what so ever.

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #11473512 - 11/17/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

coffee in the morning shrooms at nigh

do some people seem to have interactions with this combination?

--------------------

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: canid]
    #11473520 - 11/17/09 12:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

canid said:
there are an awful lot of 'seems's in that sentence to be speculating on the objective physiologic effects of a complex of substances which by their nature distort perception.

i'm not being critical so much as raising a further consideration.

Quote:

canid said:
Quote:

coffee in the morning shrooms at nigh

do some people seem to have interactions with this combination?

im speaking stritcly me now. i had ingested coffee like i do every morning. then that night i took a large amount of cyans and had a very bad trip. then i tested it agian a week or so later and had the same expierience. then to confirm my reactions to stimulants and psilocybe, i had taken the same amount of cyans two weeks later without coffee in the monring, never even noticed my chest being tight. it wasnt till after my first bad reaction that i though about why it happened. so it wasnt anxiety be biased agianst me on the actual drug. i had came up with my analysis post trip

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:

Edited by mattianyb (11/17/09 12:32 PM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #11473560 - 11/17/09 12:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hrm.

this interests me. i'm a daily coffee drinker, usually having 3 cups between morning and noon, and then tend to drink dark coffee in the evenings if i'm going to be up late [including nights i eat mushrooms sometimes].

i don't like how jittery too much coffee makes me feel, but i'm not sure i've had complications worse than that.

if other people seem to have this too, i might start mentioning it to new mushroom eaters.

--------------------

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: canid]
    #11473583 - 11/17/09 12:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

canid said:
hrm.

this interests me. i'm a daily coffee drinker, usually having 3 cups between morning and noon, and then tend to drink dark coffee in the evenings if i'm going to be up late [including nights i eat mushrooms sometimes].

i don't like how jittery too much coffee makes me feel, but i'm not sure i've had complications worse than that.

if other people seem to have this too, i might start mentioning it to new mushroom eaters.

it depends candid(might i add u and i always have really good conversations). see i have a histor of drug use and i like i said before i have a heart condition from this drug use. if i take two benedryls for my allergies i get a tight chest(antichollinergics are known for inducing heart problems) i belive its simply from me having a heart condition. i cant smoke weed becuase it gives me a tight chest(slight stimulant/psychoactive) but i can drink like a mad man(depressent) see the trend?

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

#11473586 - 11/17/09 12:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

in conclusion i believe its subjective to ones actual physical health and mental health.

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #11473603 - 11/17/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i do, and i would add i have similar problems with herb some times.

before i stopped smoking it regularly, it progressed to every smoking session.

--------------------

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

#11473634 - 11/17/09 12:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yes many ppl i know have had this problem with it.

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #11473677 - 11/17/09 01:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i also experienced a lot of esophageal reflux and anxiety.

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #11473680 - 11/17/09 01:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Stimulants and psychedelics are an awful combination and should never be mixed.  Some people have no problem with it but it causes panic attacks and extreme anxiety in others.

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11473721 - 11/17/09 01:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

canid said:
i also experienced a lot of esophageal reflux and anxiety.

please xplain better.

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Stimulants and psychedelics are an awful combination and should never be mixed.  Some people have no problem with it but it causes panic attacks and extreme anxiety in others.

indeed it is, but i didnt think at the time coffee from the morning would still have an effect. im smart enough not to mix speed(i use to abuse daily) with psychaoctives.

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #11473896 - 11/17/09 01:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

when i smoked, i would experience various degrees of a sense of panic, headaches, unfocused thoughts, edge of nausia and bile/acid creeping up my throat or into my mouth.

i had battled with anxiety occasionally, between a majority of positive experiences when i began smoking, and after years, these effects began to creep in and before long, became the norm if i would smoke.

since i stopped smoking regularly, they don't happen when i occasionally do smoke.

--------------------

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

#11473931 - 11/17/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

canid said:
when i smoked, i would experience various degrees of a sense of panic, headaches, unfocused thoughts, edge of nausia and bile/acid creeping up my throat or into my mouth.

i had battled with anxiety occasionally, between a majority of positive experiences when i began smoking, and after years, these effects began to creep in and before long, became the norm if i would smoke.

since i stopped smoking regularly, they don't happen when i occasionally do smoke.

i havent smoke in three months, maybe its about time i try it agian. maybe the anxiety from it is gone. if u would be so kind and return the rating :smirk:

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:

Offlinepdxgal79
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11476447 - 11/17/09 10:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but is it possible for someone to have an an anaphylactic (severe allergic) reaction to a psilocybin mushroom and that be the cause of airway restriction/respiratory arrest?

J

OfflineDedMu
Lord of the Perpetually Stoned
Male User Gallery

Loc: somwhere in ded land...
    #13850343 - 01/25/11 08:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I guess brains aren't standard issue anymore in the newspaper industry...

--------------------
"I hate to advocate Drugs, Alohol, Violence, or Insanity to anyone but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

"The good Lord says He will protect me but that your pretty much screwed."

Offlineelprawn
Mushroom Guestimator
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #13850425 - 01/25/11 08:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

Stimulants alone will give me anxiety and panic attacks the day after I use them.

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

#13850846 - 01/25/11 09:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

wow this thread was broughth back up.
me being closer to nakusp then most of you, i should call the newspaper and see if they ever got a autopsy result.

--------------------

OfflineHumboldt_Hunter
mushaboom
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Humboldt county Flag
    #13851489 - 01/25/11 11:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psylosymonreturns said:
wow this thread was broughth back up.
me being closer to nakusp then most of you, i should call the newspaper and see if they ever got a autopsy result.

We would love to find out the truth.

That would be really cool if they could give you the final autopsy and toxicology reports.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Temperate Rainforest Forager
:aum:

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
Re: MUST READ newspaper claims death of man from psilocybin mushrooms! [Re: pdxgal79]
    #13851640 - 01/26/11 12:00 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pdxgal79 said:
I haven't seen anyone mention this, but is it possible for someone to have an an anaphylactic (severe allergic) reaction to a psilocybin mushroom and that be the cause of airway restriction/respiratory arrest?

J

I know this is an old post, but this has apparently has happened before.  In the NAMA Thirty-Plus Years of Mushroom Poisoning PDF, mentions a quadriplegic who ate an uncertain amount of Psilocybe cubensis, suffered an allergic reaction and died.

And not really related, but they also mentions someone who attempted to commit suicide by eating Agaricus californicus and lived...and another who tried the same with oysters.

Offlinejimmycaps
Stranger
    #27905529 - 08/16/22 11:37 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Actually....Shrooms give me better O2 Saturation (Proven with an O2 Monitor) and make breathing easier for me. I have had Emphysema for 12 years I am on Oxygen full time, If I eat Cubes...I don't need Oxygen Tubes in my nose. I breathe much better when doing Magic Mushrooms.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order