Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineimafungi2b
Renting an Appt. under an assumed name...
    #1147083 - 12/16/02 09:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Just strictly out of curiousity...

How easy would it be to rent an appt. under a fake name?

What are potential problems that one might run into?

Do landlords typically run background checks on their tenants to see that SS#, etc. all match up?

I need a cheap little place to crash late at night that's closer to my grad school next Fall than my parents home (yeah yeah i'm back with the parents  :blush: ), and I was thinking that if i did decide to grow a few mushies someday in the future maybe I would do it there, and since there will be little there besides a bed, a desk, and a coffee machine, I could alleviate a little risk if i did grow by renting under a different name... Bad idea? good idea? Your opinion, please.... :smile: 

--------------------
A religious war is essentially a battle over who has the cooler imaginary friend

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Renting an Appt. under an assumed name... [Re: imafungi2b]
    #1147281 - 12/16/02 11:47 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If a landlord doesn't verify your ID and references he's an idiot. Having said that I'm aware that there are a great many idiots out there so you could probably do it. Just pay cash for your rent.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleLanaM
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: Renting an Appt. under an assumed name... [Re: imafungi2b]
    #1147407 - 12/17/02 01:53 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

HAHAHA, luvdemshrooms is very correct.

Most "respectable" commercial rental agencies will do a background/credit check. Although you can find many "mom and pop" places where someone is just looking to make a quick buck. Look at a few that you like. All you have to do is ask if they run any credit checks. Its a very common question thats asked. If they say "yes we do" then don't rent that apartment. Most rental agents will tell you before you even ask. The little guys trying to make a buck, he probably doesn't even know what a credit check is.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology