Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinematt66
Loc: Connecticut
kicked cakes get cased?
    #1147017 - 12/16/02 08:58 PM (15 years, 15 hours ago)

i had 15 cakes (eq, pink buff, and GT) which all produced shit. A few shrooms here and there, nothing healthy looking. the initial pins seemed fine, but the cakes developed like these pin barnaces etc etc. HOWEVER, i don't think there is a contam. Maybe fucked up heat/humidity. no wierd colors or smells. should I crumble these up and case it and see what happens (i wanna chuckem if they could spoil others)? I just cleaned them up and dunked them, so I was also thinking of giving them another turn at fruiting from the cake. also is the wet verm, mycelium chunks wet verm casing technique legit? On what food would the mycelium spread? so must I get some peat moss to hit up the 50/50? Another question, I'm dealing with room temps here, and I'm trying to mist and air 2x a day. Could not having ideal heat and humidity make that big a difference. I mean, I pulled virtually nothing from these cakes. Also, for the tops, is keeping it open for five minutes a couple times a day a good way to get the pins growing upwards, or should I use saran wrap the entire time?

Much Love

--------------------
Truth is the daughter of time, time doesn't exist...
Truth cannot exist within the human convention of time- The Goat Hath Spoken

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Loc: texas
Re: kicked cakes get cased? [Re: matt66]
    #1147120 - 12/16/02 09:34 PM (15 years, 15 hours ago)

i would maybe dunk again and fruit straight from the cake. if your temps are too high it may cause the mycelium to just grow and grow. try putting a glass of ice water in the terrarium to cool things off a bit and it may induce fruiting. as far as leaving the terrarium open, if the air is clean in the room that the terrarium is in then go for it otherwise just spray the air with some ozium and lysol let the air settle then fan the terrarium. you may even try poking some small holes in the plastic wrap that is covering the terrarium. hope this was helpful. good luck. glad to help anytime :laugh: 

--------------------
let it be know, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation