Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
Police search and seizure Q's
    #1143259 - 12/15/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

What would happen if the police came to your house with a warrant for cultivation of mushrooms or illegal drugs, but all you had in your house was the things to grow them(I.E. paraphernalia), no mushrooms or mycelium growing etc.? A friend of a friend has alot of shit in his house that could definatly be linked to him growing, but he doesn't have anything growing(nor has he ever  :wink: ). Really odd things too in his closet that probably wouldn't normally be there. What kind of argument would he have if they came to his house and confiscated everything for evidence. Would he be able to argue that none of the things are illegal to posses and there are no laws against having all of those things together, at least I don't think, maybe conspiracy to cultivate(Is there a law like this?) Basically my question is what kind of stuff shouldn't I have in my house if I get busted (besides of course the illegal things)

Edited by blahblahblah (12/15/02 03:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Re: Police search and seizure Q's [Re: blahblahblah]
    #1143415 - 12/15/02 01:22 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

damn it has almost been an hour and nobody has been looked at this post yet.
Dead forum..........

Anonymous

#1143640 - 12/15/02 02:57 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

VERY dead forum.

I would doubt they could get you for anything.

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Re: Police search and seizure Q's [Re: ]
    #1143691 - 12/15/02 03:17 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Actually I have been reading up on it the past few hours and if they have enough evidence it doesnt matter if you were growing actuall mushrooms or if you just had all of the materials in your posessions. They call it conspiracy to cultivate, basically it means if you have the intent to grow or if you had the intent to grow they will charge you with it. I think it is kind of a bullshit charge personally, it leaves way too much for them to get you on. The law is you cannot posses or cultivate anything cotaining psilocin or psilocybin, not if you think about growing or are planning on it but havent actually done it yet then your still breaking the law

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #1144516 - 12/16/02 03:43 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think you answer your own question...

"Would he be able to argue that none of the things are illegal to posses and there are no laws against having all of those things.."

If I walked into your house and saw your setup, wouldn't you tell me that you're growing shitake, oysters, white buttons...  or your doing research on bioluminescent alge? 

As far as "drug paraphernalia" goes, color changing class pipes and 1/2 pint glass jars are a bit different. 

Plus, if you think the heat is on, consider stopping entirely....at least for a little while.
:tongue:
Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1145880 - 12/16/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

As long as there is no hard evidence against him, and he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't incriminate himself, he should be fine. He will still get raped having to pay out legal bills, etc, but at least he will have a clean record. If he has things like books or papers that describe how to use the stuff he has to grow something illegal, then his case becomes a lot weaker. Now the police can show intent, even if there isn't any anything that is illegal, which can lead to trouble.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Police search and seizure Q's [Re: Seuss]
    #1145966 - 12/16/02 12:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If all the supplies are in one small area it might look obvious. You could put different supplies in different parts of the house so they don't find them all.

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Re: Police search and seizure Q's [Re: Lana]
    #1146220 - 12/16/02 03:14 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

It was more hypothetical than anything. I just want to be prepared just in case something does happen, the only thought that comes to mind is "To secure peace is to prepare for war" for lack of a better quote. Maybe be prepared is better

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #1146615 - 12/16/02 05:17 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

To answer your question you would have to look at your local and state laws pertaining to manufacturing drugs...

In most places you must get busted with the shrooms and or the drug but this is not always true...

One thing I like to remind people is that the police and the courts are two seperate identities. The police WILL come in, snoop around, seize and and all "evidence" and arrest anyone on the slighest of evidence.

Its then up to the judge to decide if the police were right or not... This is why people with a good lawyer get off and someone without goes to jail... Good lawyers make the judge think twice about things and they remind judges about personal civil rights...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Re: Police search and seizure Q's [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1146933 - 12/16/02 06:36 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

amen, thanks man

Offlinebjkroll
Addict

Loc: Detroit
    #1149731 - 12/17/02 04:07 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Jail sucks.

--------------------
"Everybody who's famous sucked the dick to get where they are today.
The only difference between us and them? We swallowed it." - Jimmy Urine

InvisibleLyena
Leopard Day Thief
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
    #1149907 - 12/17/02 05:27 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I'm pretty sure they can't do much. Most cops probably don't know all that much if anything about mushroom cultivation, but even if they did what could they do? As long as none of the things you have are directly illegal then you're not in too much danger. A little, but it depends on the cop. It's like a cop coming searching and busting you for having Visine in your pocket. lol

--------------------
"live fast, die fast"

-- gg allin

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds