Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state
    #8297223 - 04/17/08 05:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 Aaron Marshall

Plain Dealer Bureau

Columbus- Ohio House lawmakers voted unanimously Tuesday to ban a psychoactive herb that can take smokers on a mind-bending psychedelic ride akin to LSD.

Ohio is poised to become the sixth state to ban the plant - known as Salvia divinorum - putting the substance on par with marijuana as a drug that is illegal to purchase, possess or sell in any quantity. To become law, the measure needs to be approved by the Senate and signed by Gov. Ted Strickland.

Rep. Thom Collier, Republican of Mount Vernon, who sponsored the bill, called the obscure Mexican herb in the mint family "one of the most potent, naturally occurring psychoactive compounds."

The active ingredient in the plant - salvinorin A - is widely regarded by biochemists as one of the strongest natural hallucinogens known to man, but is not considered addictive.

"It is truly a mind-altering herb," Collier said.

The lawmaker said he was prompted to act by the death of a 12-year-old Loudonville boy, who was killed by a friend who had smoked the herb. Although it isn't clear whether the friend was on the drug when he shot and killed the 12-year-old, Collier said the bill will put Ohio "on the cutting edge of ensuring the safety of its young people."

Small packages of the herb - sold under the name Holy Smoke - could be found last year at a Lorain Avenue pipe store in Cleveland and are available on the Internet with varying degrees of potency. The dried leaves can be smoked or chewed.

The plant, used for centuries in ceremonies by medicine men of the Mazatec Indian tribe in Mexico, produces potent and intense hallucinations in which users report feeling separated from their body and as if they are entering another reality. The effects are said to last for less than an hour, a much shorter duration than synthetic

http://www.cleveland.com/plaindealer...960.xml&coll=2

The lawmaker said he was prompted to act by the death of a 12-year-old Loudonville boy, who was killed by a friend who had smoked the herb.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
so if i drink a beer and kill some1 a few hours later is beer to blame, apparently

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejajapee
Teh Bonerz
Female

Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: Coaster]
    #8297437 - 04/17/08 06:17 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:

Columbus- Ohio House lawmakers voted unanimously Tuesday to ban a psychoactive herb that can take smokers on a mind-bending psychedelic ride akin to LSD.

In what way is a "mind-bending psychadelic ride" for someone any of their concern? I love how they utilize their ability to take away free will, for no reason what-so-ever, just to add browine points to their political contribution.

--------------------
I told Althea that treachery was tearing me limb from limb
Althea told me cool down boy, settle back, easy Jim

Forever Grateful

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: jajapee]
    #8297443 - 04/17/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

apparently psychedelic rides arnt ok
but getting piss drunk and wiely at a football game ride is oooooooooook
1 makes u smarter, the other doesnt

--------------------

Offlinebugabuga420
bUgAbUgaBOO

#8298946 - 04/17/08 11:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

and doesnt ohio have some of the more lax marijuana laws in the midwest?

Offlinegizagaza
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Illinois, Earth
Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: bugabuga420]
    #8299026 - 04/17/08 11:35 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

well it was fun while it lasted, :sad:, hopefully some states will be rational and keep it legal

OfflineLimes
fellowsopher
Male

Loc: Canada
    #8299095 - 04/17/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The lawmaker said he was prompted to act by the death of a 12-year-old Loudonville boy, who was killed by a friend who had smoked the herb. Although it isn't clear whether the friend was on the drug when he shot and killed the 12-year-old

ffs RIGHT ON punish the drug but don't even question the gun, cause if there was no gun involved obviously the kid would've found another way to kill his friend. don't punish the drug, punish the gun :mad2:

OfflineJohn Smith
Solo Voyager

Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: Limes]
    #8299683 - 04/18/08 03:10 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Limes said:
Quote:

The lawmaker said he was prompted to act by the death of a 12-year-old Loudonville boy, who was killed by a friend who had smoked the herb. Although it isn't clear whether the friend was on the drug when he shot and killed the 12-year-old

ffs RIGHT ON punish the drug but don't even question the gun, cause if there was no gun involved obviously the kid would've found another way to kill his friend. don't punish the drug, punish the gun :mad2:

punish stupidity. not guns.

--------------------
I have no idea what I am talking about but I do know I say things you don't understand and if you do understand what I am saying then you are wrong.

Offlinetoken matt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: John Smith]
    #8299712 - 04/18/08 03:39 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

florida is done prolly by the month.

--------------------
they hate me here

OfflineMolasses
sobriety with aside of what thefuck am i doing?
Male

Loc: Marijuanaville, Vermont
Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: token matt]
    #8300070 - 04/18/08 08:49 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

sweet... man, if they only realized that cigarettes and alcohol kill way more people than psychedelics, would they really care?

fucking mis-information

OfflineJesusRanch
Novice
 User Gallery

Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: Molasses]
    #9333102 - 11/29/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i say make it all legal, even the deadly stuff. Overpopulation is a big concern, much more pressing than taking away individual happiness.

--------------------
"I come upon a silver striped mushroom and I fly-ly-ly-ly-ly, and I fly, fly..."

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: JesusRanch]
    #9343205 - 12/01/08 10:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I smoke Salvia and I plant my ass down into my chair or couch until I return from Salvia Space, let alone trying to load a gun, taking off the safety and then finding the trigger to pull it.

Drunk drivers killing a wholeeee lot of people is acceptable of course but 1 unproven death/murder makes a solid case that Sally D is trouble.

Fuck US government, I feel for you guys who have to deal with this utter bullshit.

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

OfflineFunkyPolak
Stranger

Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: hpi]
    #9343676 - 12/01/08 12:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Whenever I hear about that boy that killed himself "because of tripping on salvia" my teeth start to clench with anger. What really happened was he forgot to take his medication

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: FunkyPolak]
    #9344257 - 12/01/08 01:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ya but it was the salvia duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

--------------------

OfflineJesusRanch
Novice
 User Gallery

#9778430 - 02/11/09 02:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 Aaron Marshall

Plain Dealer Bureau

Ohio is poised to become the sixth state to ban the plant...known as Salvia divinorum 

Not into necromancy or anything, but I just bought some salvia from the puff-n'-stuff by my house, like, a week ago.

--------------------
"I come upon a silver striped mushroom and I fly-ly-ly-ly-ly, and I fly, fly..."

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: JesusRanch]
    #9778515 - 02/11/09 02:18 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, there's still like another month before the ban comes into effect.

Puff 'n Stuff and Dream Merchant have signs saying they sell the shit, I hope they forget to take them down.

--------------------
!

OfflineNoose
Stranger
Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: John Smith]
    #11458668 - 11/15/09 08:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

John Smith said:
Quote:

Limes said:
Quote:

punish stupidity. not guns.

Heh theres half a dozen things in this case that should have been punished before banning Salvia.

A) The kid was 12, he had access to a gun.
B) The kid was 12, he had access to salvia.
C) The negligent parents should be the ones in jail for this due to A and B.
D) They werent even sure the child was on Salvia at the time, personally, from my experience, I couldnt so much as set the pipe down (an observant friend was nice enough to take it from me :P ) after I hit salvia, much less pick up a gun, make sure its loaded, and point it at someone.
E) The salvia trip comes and goes in less than 20 minutes...

It's just a case of fearful law makers doing 'SOMETHING' so they can say in commercials next election season. "I prevented the accidental death of potentially thousands of young Americans."

The real problem here is that there are no head shops on the Indiana border yet who sell it :P.

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

Re: More sad salvia news, Ohio 6th state [Re: Noose]
    #11458961 - 11/15/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:grrr::spank::grrr:
That is bunch of shit that is going on!! Where is the democracy?! it is gone long ago :/

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale