Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
When you do too much drugz
    #11456203 - 11/14/09 08:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

....and start to get that "freak out" moment, what do you do? When you start to repeat to yourself that you've smoked too much or dosed too high, what do you do to try to bring yourself back yourself back to functional, coherent state of mind?
What sorts of rituals and methods do you use that brings you back to sanity?
is there anything that you find works, or do you just hold on every hellashous (im sure thats not a word) moment and hope for hte best?

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Loc: Land of the Ice and Snow Flag
Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: satyr]
    #11456210 - 11/14/09 08:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I just zone out, try to let time pass.

--------------------
14:31

OfflineMorgenstern
WHAT!

Loc: Flag
    #11456215 - 11/14/09 08:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wait out time and hope for the best.

--------------------
Admins can't read graphs.

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Loc: 805 Saint Cloud Road Mars
Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: smack]
    #11456217 - 11/14/09 08:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

go for a walk....write out your thoughts.headphones with relaxing music. or if totally freaking out..i run around the streets hahah and as long as i know im not about to od ....i know things will get better eventuallyl

--------------------

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: Morgenstern]
    #11456237 - 11/14/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I just think to myself: "I am a psychonaut. I like this, I am enjoying this in some way that may not seem apparent right now, but in a few hours, I'll be smoking another bowl because I miss this...so I'll just try to enjoy this feeling of WAAAAY TOOO FUUUUCKING HIGH!"

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #11456258 - 11/14/09 08:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

another thing i do is ....i tell my self...FUCK im high as fuck...im gonna be coming down in an hour or so (as much as i want to) and than wish I was as fucked up as i was before haha:prance:

--------------------

OfflineMorgenstern
WHAT!

#11456265 - 11/14/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I almost did teh died to a gravity bong.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11456266 - 11/14/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nowwhoutthink said:
another thing i do is ....i tell my self...FUCK im high as fuck...im gonna be coming down in an hour or so (as much as i want to) and than wish I was as fucked up as i was before haha:prance:

same thing!  i also like to think how most people in the world will never come near what i am experiencing so i may well savior in some way it even if its a bad trip . :psybong:

Offlinefeifen

#11456268 - 11/14/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Depends what drugs we are talking about.. I've felt I hit "insanity" a few times but only once did I "freak out"

Wanna know how I dealt with it?

I dosed ~6 grams of pan cyans one night I wasn't in the best of moods for that intense of a trip

Was wayy too much for me at the time (experienced, but definitely not enough)

I started to bang my head against the wall, my desk everything.. I was literally ramming my head as hard as I could to knock myself out

I knocked myself out eventually.. don't remember how.. when I woke up from my concussion everything around me was bloody and I had dried blood just covering my face.

I would of probably killed myself if I had continued to stay up. It was BAD. Really bad. My mind was racing with the most insane and worst thoughts with the WORST anxiety ever.

Luckily besides that I've managed myself quite fine.

Offlinerakipo
faggot
Female User Gallery

Loc: heaven
Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: feifen]
    #11456280 - 11/14/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

close your eyes and let it take you where it wants. works every time :thumbup:

--------------------

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
- Marcus Brigstocke Nintendo CEO

:pacman:

living is dandy when kaya is handy

MALE ENHANCEMENT IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER http://cheapmalehealthproducts.webs.com/biggerpenisnopills.htm

OfflinecollinZzZz
have moicy!
 User Gallery

Loc: midwaist
Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: feifen]
    #11456337 - 11/14/09 08:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I had a serious freakout on three hits of DOx.  I was trying to pee, watching objects "spaghetify", and running outside to dance to my neighbors drumming.  Then the energy got so intense that I felt like I was going to have a seizure. 

I had my mom (of all people) drive me to pick up my friend ashlea.  My vision went purple and all abjects were like jeweled fractals, smoke and water and weird ass electronic buzzing sounds spilling out of my mouth.

I probably would have scared my mom enough to take me to the hospital if not for my friend.  It really helped to have someone I was very comfortable with to talk me down and keep an eye on me.

--------------------
"I have never freed myself from the suspicion that there is something very odd about this mission."

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #11456343 - 11/14/09 08:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

--------------------

Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Loc: Land of the Ice and Snow Flag
Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: collinZzZz]
    #11456349 - 11/14/09 08:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

collinZzZz said:
I had a serious freakout on three hits of DOx.  I was trying to pee, watching objects "spaghetify", and running outside to dance to my neighbors drumming.  Then the energy got so intense that I felt like I was going to have a seizure. 

I had my mom (of all people) drive me to pick up my friend ashlea.  My vision went purple and all abjects were like jeweled fractals, smoke and water and weird ass electronic buzzing sounds spilling out of my mouth.

I probably would have scared my mom enough to take me to the hospital if not for my friend.  It really helped to have someone I was very comfortable with to talk me down and keep an eye on me.

A freakout on a DOx?

Can't be anything worse then that.

--------------------
14:31

Invisiblecacharstar
Strange is good...
Male

Loc: The West Coast
    #11456401 - 11/14/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I recommend just breathing and giving in to the situation. Fear raises your heart rate and breathing out slow and purposefully will force your heart rate back down. whole milk warmed works on some compounds. Zanax if all else fails.

Are you expecting to freak out soon?

--------------------
:irishtoast:

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: rakipo]
    #11456402 - 11/14/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

this is what i tell myself when things start to get a bit scary.

this applies to psychedelics only, if you took something that is potentially health threatening, take your health into consideration. if its a non-health threatening substance such as Mushrooms, LSD, DMT or mescaline, then what follows is all you need to concern yourself with (it does for me).

first off, assure yourself that the health consequences of what you took are minimal or nonexistent and the idea that you will die, get sick, or need medical attention are non-existent.

you might throw up, a lot of psychedelics inherently cause an upset stomach. not because of stress, but because they irritate the lining of your stomach. if you throw up on a psychedelic it is normal.

tell yourself that this reaction is the direct result of substances that your sober self thought were a good idea to ingest. you are currently intoxicated.  who would know better whether or not you are in danger? your sober self? or your intoxicated self? trust in the decision you have made.

it will wear off in (15 minutes? 4 hours? 8 hours? 12 hours? 16 hours? 24 hours?) so until then, you are stable in your present state.  Just let what is, be.  Don't fight the headspace you are in, and allow yourself to take the journey. do not fight the current, just go with the flow.  I like to envision myself floating downstream in a serene creek, sitting in a floating intertube, just gowing with the flow, and taking in the sights as i drift lazely down the river, knowing that the stream will eventually divide, and divide and get smaller and smaller until the ride is over and i can stand in the shallow stream, pick up my intertube, and be done with my journey.  now contrast that with panicking and trying to swim upstream.  No matter what, it is always better to just go with the flow.  If you are freaking out, chances are that you are at the peak of your journey, and will start to come down soon.  It wont get any worse, so look around you, and wonder "is this really worth fighting? or would i be better off lazily drifting downstream in my intertube?"

no matter what, if you ingested a psychedelic, and keep your cool, everything and i mean EVERYTHING will be completely fine. At the bare minimum you will have wasted a few hours of your time.

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11456424 - 11/14/09 08:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i still remember the first time taking mdmX?? pr something that was suppose to be it...holy shit..worse/best experience ever ha

litterally ran around with all my clothes off at 3 am in 20 degree weather cuz i was freaking out/over heatingg

--------------------

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

#11456440 - 11/14/09 08:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ima Trooper said:
I just think to myself: "I am a psychonaut. I like this, I am enjoying this in some way that may not seem apparent right now, but in a few hours, I'll be smoking another bowl because I miss this...so I'll just try to enjoy this feeling of WAAAAY TOOO FUUUUCKING HIGH!"

Damn straight.

--------------------

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: trip forever]
    #11458680 - 11/15/09 08:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Funny, I don't even remember making this post, :lol:
But to answer my own question, one of the things I do in these situations is write.
I have several notebooks and journals that I keep around specifically for the purpose.
Oftentimes with hashish, I'll smoke too much and start to go into "freak out" mode, and the only thing that can keep my heart from going into overdrive is writing.
I suppose because one of the things that throws me into a panic is the pure insanity of the "trip". Unlike other psychedelics, cannabis at these doses causes complete chaos in my brain and my own thoughts become incoherent.
By writing, I sort of tether my mind to one central focus, bringing order out of the chaos and calming me down.
But, with the classic psychedelics, I usually just wait it out. For some reason cannabis of all things is just harder for me to deal with at such high doses, while with mushrooms for example, I can have a terrifying trip, yet use mental techniques that I've learned from previous trips to guide me through.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

OfflineMorgenstern
WHAT!

#11459012 - 11/15/09 10:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

satyr said:
Funny, I don't even remember making this post

It's not even a day old.

I call old timers on this one.

--------------------

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: When you do too much drugz [Re: Morgenstern]
    #11459348 - 11/15/09 11:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

alot of what ppl say is good but i myself have bad lungs, well..im not entirely sure but ever since they both collapsed back in january , ive never been able to breathe 100% right after that, ontop of random anxiety attacks.

when im way too fucked up theres nothing i can do to stop myself. ive tried everything. if i force myself to breathe at a moderate pace my mind will take over and go "oh hey look at that. now u have to force urself to breathe slowly. good job. ur fucking ur lung sup." and then its like another part of my mind goes "oh shit. fuck fuck fuck. thats right. now im gona have an anxiety attack" and half the time i do or i do but im so fucke dup i just register it as tripping even harder.

usually when im so fucked up its to th epoint of other ppl i know beyond a shadow of a doubt will freak me out being around them. even if theyre sober. the mere fact that i could be around another intelligent lifeform just scares the shit outta me. so thats definitely a hiderance sumtimes when i know i needa be next to some1 but i know i wouldnt be able to handle it.

the last is shock. sometimes ill be doing just fine keeping myself under control. and then this evil thought will slowly start to creep along in the back of my head. "dont listen to music, it will freak u out. dont get up and watch tv, u wont understandit and itll freak u out. u know what happens if u freak out or get spooked, those lungs and heart of yours arent as strong as they used to be, your gonna have a stroke, or a massive panic attack, or ur hearts gonna skip a beat or possibly stop, then ull trip ur way into the afterlife." and then i stop and think about that kind of pain while tripping that hard maximzed even more and all i can think of is "i wouldnt be able to handle that. I would die. " then its usually followed by another massive panic attack.

so sometimes u can do anything if u have a brain condition where u unknowingly feed on negative past experiences and that induces more bad experiences.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order