Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineH2SO4_so_tasty
Stranger
 User Gallery
Registered: 10/04/09
Posts: 28
Last seen: 11 years, 5 months
Found these outside my dentist's office!
    #11454421 - 11/14/09 05:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, I had to go to the dentist a few days ago and they have a really nice manicured lawn. There was a dead tree stump outside and I thought, Oh mushrooms, and I found 3 medium caps about 1 foot from the stump, habitat was wet, the grass was vibrantly green, st augustine maybe? the soil was wet and wen pressure was applied to the soil it collapsed down, spongy w/ lots of organic matter, Sorry I couldn't get a pic.

The mushrooms are brown and have very delicate tissue, the stems dried up before i was able to get a decent picture of them, you can see some white mycilium on one of them, they were thin about 1/10 inch thick and looked fibery and somewhat iridescence, the sheen on the internal fibers depended on your position in relation to light, like a fly's body, there were no abnormalities on the stem, just a plain straight stem, hollow that did not release a sap. Gills do not touch stem, the cap is very triangular with a brown spot in the middle, not distinct but faded in. the black marks on one of the pictures are tweezer damage.

The spore printd are black and quite distinct.

Any species suggestions, I think these might be active but the stems are a bit thin shouldn't they be 1/8 inch thick or so?

Oh also, for colour comparison that red card board is a Mcdonald's french fry carton =)





Edited by H2SO4_so_tasty (11/14/09 05:06 PM)


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleJvells
Unity
 User Gallery


Registered: 11/05/09
Posts: 3,031
Loc: East coast Flag
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: H2SO4_so_tasty]
    #11454436 - 11/14/09 05:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

How long are the stems??


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineH2SO4_so_tasty
Stranger
 User Gallery
Registered: 10/04/09
Posts: 28
Last seen: 11 years, 5 months
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: Jvells]
    #11454445 - 11/14/09 05:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

2-2.5 inches maybe, Im really sorry about not getting a good pic of the stems, my camera was messed up


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblejohnnyblaze2316

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 11/05/08
Posts: 3,138
Loc: West coast Flag
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: H2SO4_so_tasty]
    #11454456 - 11/14/09 05:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i think your prints are brown.....:shrug:
maybe its the lighting


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineH2SO4_so_tasty
Stranger
 User Gallery
Registered: 10/04/09
Posts: 28
Last seen: 11 years, 5 months
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: johnnyblaze2316]
    #11454510 - 11/14/09 05:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thats my camera, It tends to mess up colours. they are actually kind of an ash grey to black colour, almost like you crushed some wood ash and wiped a bit of it away.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblecaphillkid
Coquus Boleti

Registered: 10/09/08
Posts: 4,666
Loc: Jet City
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: H2SO4_so_tasty]
    #11454560 - 11/14/09 05:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Psathyrella is my guess.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleDannyGlick

Registered: 04/14/08
Posts: 3,889
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: caphillkid]
    #11454575 - 11/14/09 05:26 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'd say Panaeolina foenisecii.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleJvells
Unity
 User Gallery


Registered: 11/05/09
Posts: 3,031
Loc: East coast Flag
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: H2SO4_so_tasty]
    #11454592 - 11/14/09 05:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

H2SO4_so_tasty said:
2-2.5 inches maybe, Im really sorry about not getting a good pic of the stems, my camera was messed up




It's fine, can you take another and post it on here? It would help a lot. Can you take a microscope to the print and find out the exact color? It looks like a either panaeolus foenisecii or Psilocybe semilanceata. What state do you live in? Does it have any blueish bruising? DO NOT EAT THEM WITHOUT AN ID FROM A TRUSTED IDENTIFIER!!


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineH2SO4_so_tasty
Stranger
 User Gallery
Registered: 10/04/09
Posts: 28
Last seen: 11 years, 5 months
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: H2SO4_so_tasty]
    #11454611 - 11/14/09 05:34 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Panaeolina foenisecii has a white stem right? mine were more med-dark brown


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleJvells
Unity
 User Gallery


Registered: 11/05/09
Posts: 3,031
Loc: East coast Flag
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: H2SO4_so_tasty]
    #11454644 - 11/14/09 05:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

H2SO4_so_tasty said:
Panaeolina foenisecii has a white stem right? mine were more med-dark brown




Ya, but where are you from?


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineH2SO4_so_tasty
Stranger
 User Gallery
Registered: 10/04/09
Posts: 28
Last seen: 11 years, 5 months
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: H2SO4_so_tasty]
    #11454798 - 11/14/09 05:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I dont think they are a Psathyrella species, they have white-brown hygrophanous sections on their caps which dry to opeque white, not brown like mine.

more stem pics, call them what you want, perhaps a small about of whitish blue bruised sections, then again I am biased for them being active :smile:. also, 2 of the spore prints look more brown upon further inspection, however one looks to be ash black

I think you might be right about a panaeolina species, but could I have a diffrent type of mushroom for the one black one? they were not RIGHT next to eachother?

I am in northeast oklahoma



Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleDannyGlick

Registered: 04/14/08
Posts: 3,889
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: H2SO4_so_tasty]
    #11454860 - 11/14/09 06:11 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If the one print is blacker than Wesley Snipes it's a Panaeolus.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineH2SO4_so_tasty
Stranger
 User Gallery
Registered: 10/04/09
Posts: 28
Last seen: 11 years, 5 months
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: H2SO4_so_tasty]
    #11454885 - 11/14/09 06:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

they are indeed darker, kindof like this

http://www.impakt.net/~tyler/subbs/664729989-compairison.jpg

except they are a bit closer to the middle, the darkest one is just lighter than the black one in the pic, and the lightest ones are just a bit darker than the one in the pic.

I suspect these are either active, or inactive and nontoxic, I wouldent want to test that theory


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleJvells
Unity
 User Gallery


Registered: 11/05/09
Posts: 3,031
Loc: East coast Flag
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: DannyGlick]
    #11454894 - 11/14/09 06:18 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DannyGlick said:
If the one print is blacker than Wesley Snipes it's a Panaeolus.



:curbyourenthusiasm:


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineH2SO4_so_tasty
Stranger
 User Gallery
Registered: 10/04/09
Posts: 28
Last seen: 11 years, 5 months
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: Jvells]
    #11459290 - 11/15/09 01:09 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It seems that as the spores got more brown after dehydration, they are like those in the link in my previous post

BTW if I didnt mention it I am in northeast oklahoma


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~


Registered: 05/01/09
Posts: 1,009
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: H2SO4_so_tasty]
    #11459427 - 11/15/09 01:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

H2SO4_so_tasty said:
they are indeed darker, kindof like this

http://www.impakt.net/~tyler/subbs/664729989-compairison.jpg

except they are a bit closer to the middle, the darkest one is just lighter than the black one in the pic, and the lightest ones are just a bit darker than the one in the pic.

I suspect these are either active, or inactive and nontoxic, I wouldent want to test that theory



indeed non toxic,pan foes can be aggrevating, i have found them with slightly red stems also, but there has to be no doubt in your mind they are JET BLACK spore prints, use a black marker to compare, if there is any slight bifference then its a foe and no a subb. also u only have 3 mushrooms and if they were subbs that wouldnt do squat. i hunted subbs in CT and have handled more then a thousand foes and subbs, i garuntee yours a foes(inacitve and not toxic)


--------------------


[quote]Bretdaniel said:
Any idea's what they might be? Think any are eatable?[/quote]
:rofl2:



everything i post on this site is fake, i never partake in illegal activities.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~


Registered: 05/01/09
Posts: 1,009
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: H2SO4_so_tasty]
    #11459435 - 11/15/09 01:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

H2SO4_so_tasty said:
Ok, I had to go to the dentist a few days ago and they have a really nice manicured lawn. There was a dead tree stump outside and I thought, Oh mushrooms, and I found 3 medium caps about 1 foot from the stump, habitat was wet, the grass was vibrantly green, st augustine maybe? the soil was wet and wen pressure was applied to the soil it collapsed down, spongy w/ lots of organic matter, Sorry I couldn't get a pic.

The mushrooms are brown and have very delicate tissue, the stems dried up before i was able to get a decent picture of them, you can see some white mycilium on one of them, they were thin about 1/10 inch thick and looked fibery and somewhat iridescence, the sheen on the internal fibers depended on your position in relation to light, like a fly's body, there were no abnormalities on the stem, just a plain straight stem, hollow that did not release a sap. Gills do not touch stem, the cap is very triangular with a brown spot in the middle, not distinct but faded in. the black marks on one of the pictures are tweezer damage.

The spore printd are black and quite distinct.

Any species suggestions, I think these might be active but the stems are a bit thin shouldn't they be 1/8 inch thick or so?

Oh also, for colour comparison that red card board is a Mcdonald's french fry carton =)







the gill placement is worng, they should be more tightly pack, pan subbs have a distinct look after u have handled them lots of times, also the spore print is very brown and not black. keep hunting and good luck my friend :thumbup:


--------------------


[quote]Bretdaniel said:
Any idea's what they might be? Think any are eatable?[/quote]
:rofl2:



everything i post on this site is fake, i never partake in illegal activities.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineH2SO4_so_tasty
Stranger
 User Gallery
Registered: 10/04/09
Posts: 28
Last seen: 11 years, 5 months
Re: Found these outside my dentist's office! [Re: mattianyb]
    #11460597 - 11/15/09 05:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, Well, it was interesting, I think I subconsciously wanted them to be black, I hate the power of suggestion :frown:


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ID help please, vibrant blue-green ObsidianAshes 994 5 11/12/07 08:49 PM
by jet li
* HUGE HAUL IN S.C. OKLAHOMA !!!!!!!!! Copelandia ,possiable Amanita's & Cubies too
( 1 2 all )
cap 5,769 24 11/06/04 12:19 AM
by cap
* Re: Wild cubys picture from Oklahoma!!!!! That fruited below frezzing
( 1 2 all )
Thunderfuck 7,873 27 11/13/00 06:53 PM
by aaron
* OFFICIAL PNW HELP THREAD
( 1 2 3 4 all )
fromga2wa 7,588 64 11/02/09 01:52 AM
by MycoPunx
* North Central Oklahoma psilog 1,449 6 09/14/08 01:51 AM
by Mr. Mushrooms
* Psilocybe weilii : The offical "Fall 2004 Season"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 34 35 )
Gumby 71,037 688 12/07/04 03:11 PM
by hot48yearolds
* Offical Fall 2006 P. weilii thread *PICS ONLY!*
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Gumby 28,693 143 12/03/06 09:54 PM
by eris
* hunting in oklahoma soundallaround 2,352 5 11/19/05 10:53 PM
by Gumby

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151
1,514 topic views. 5 members, 31 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 13 queries.