Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: Paradox of Vegetarianism [Re: benitoamanito]
    #11497511 - 11/21/09 10:07 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

benitoamanito said:
Even if theres bugs that unknowingly die in the process of food, its just the fact (to me atleast) of not consuming the actualy flesh of animals.. and overall, for me, its about just taking less portion in life (if that makes sense) i just would rather live a lighter life than be weighed down by meat..  plus, i ate red meat my whole life, its known to cause internal parasites... something id rather stay away from.. :-)

I am unclear on what you mean by less portion of life.

What is a larger portion of life, a single very large animal, or several smaller animals?

Machines that harvest grain or soy kill millions of small field animals every year. This could conceivably cause more death than say a large group of people that kills one cow and eats it all winter.

It becomes very difficult to judge the value of life, especially when it is impossible not to participate in its destruction.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebenitoamanito
rad

Re: Paradox of Vegetarianism [Re: Heffy]
    #11507632 - 11/23/09 12:10 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

yea .. it sucks.. but then again, how are you gonna try to grow your own wheat crops to make bread?? not everyone can afford organic foods, and plus, wheat and stuff is already made and processed for us anyways..probably wont be around forever (at least the killing feild mice part due to machinery..if there was a place i could pick my own wheat or whatever around here.. i would) im not the one killing mice or anything, and im sure lots of mice can see the machinery coming and might even get in the way on purpose.. i just dont think about it that way.. and yes i meant more along the lines of like animals that interact with humans.. i wouldnt kill a cat, or a rat, or a mice.. let a lone a cow or chicken.. i just see it like, any "bacteria" or microorganism or whatever, theyre pretty much there to be consumed, other wise they wouldnt be on our food... its like a reminder that the only way you can tgruly be a vegan is to move to the wilderness and eat off of nature.. its not possible living in a house and buying things from the store.. i just dont like eating meat.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: Paradox of Vegetarianism [Re: benitoamanito]
    #11507641 - 11/23/09 12:11 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

you can always u know, just grow grass and eat it off the ground

that's eventually where we'll end up with all the hippy rhetoric.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Offlinebenitoamanito
rad

Re: Paradox of Vegetarianism [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #11507715 - 11/23/09 12:21 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

true that im down.. eating leaves is good too just leave the flowers alone so you have something nice too look at when your tripping

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing