Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Dragon Age Tactics help...
    #11448803 - 11/13/09 03:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So, I'm starting to get a fuckin headache from the combat in dragon age.  I haven't been using tactics but the turn based shit, constantly issuing commands, is really annoying me.  What are some of the settings you use for characters and specific action orders?

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: 5HTSynaptrip]
    #11453990 - 11/14/09 01:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I just downloaded this game and I'll be trying it in a bit.  That style of issuing commands was just like in Baldur's Gate (this game is the successor to that) and I always found it helpful to pause combat, issue commands, then watch it play out.  In Baldur's Gate you just tapped spacebar to pause it, try that out.  :thumbup:

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: Newbie]
    #11455887 - 11/14/09 07:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

UPDATE:

I'm really impressed with game so far.  I'm running an AMD Athlon X2, 3.25 GB RAM, nVidia 8600GTS and I'm able to run this pretty damn well on nearly maxed out video performance.  :thumbup:

I looooooved Baldur's Gate and this game has all the elements of that and then some.  I've been waiting for a game like this for quite some time.  Also, spacebar is the pause button in this.  You shouldn't have trouble with it if you pause then issue commands.  I actually like it that way; you can opt for hack n' slash or go all out magic and tactics and shit.

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #11456540 - 11/14/09 09:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well said Newbie, I have been playing for about 4 hours and
I think it is a great game.  The torrent was a surprisingly
quick download as well.

I too can max it out, what class are you playing?

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: Jair]
    #11458427 - 11/15/09 06:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

you guys need to fucking grow up and buy your good games...quite giving companys an excuss to put stupid ad's for DLC in the games.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineSolemente
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #11458432 - 11/15/09 06:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
you guys need to fucking grow up and buy your good games...quite giving companys an excuss to put stupid ad's for DLC in the games.

I was just about to say this. I only download games that are more than a couple years old.

I like to support the people that actually make good games, that way we can get more in the future.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #11458561 - 11/15/09 07:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i'm not sure there's any way around it because it's fairly essential to pick out a kill order and focus force your targets down... the ai does a lot of retarded stuff if left to its own devices... you'll notice that there are some presets from the tatics, defender (tank), healer, archer, and so on... you can take those and tweak them a little more to your liking... my main character is an elf mage w/ all its talents invested into healing... i've found w/ small/medium pulls i can sit back and heal through the party doing w/e it is that they do w/o having to use consumables, but on any large scale pull it would be a major waste of consumables and i really have to dish out those commands.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#11459116 - 11/15/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm playing a Rogue.  I love the thief/assassin character in these types of games.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#11459122 - 11/15/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:

I take it you've never played Baldur's Gate I or II?  Both older games and this one is made by the same company and plays in a similar style.  I'm the same way with new video games.  They just lose my interest and aren't as fun as even the 8 bit games sometimes but this was a welcome and unexpected release for me.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11459310 - 11/15/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Newbie said:
Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:

I take it you've never played Baldur's Gate I or II?  Both older games and this one is made by the same company and plays in a similar style.  I'm the same way with new video games.  They just lose my interest and aren't as fun as even the 8 bit games sometimes but this was a welcome and unexpected release for me.

wtf?  i meant BUY THE GAME, not that this game sucked so buy a different one...not that you pirates would actually buy any game....but we can always hope....until they forced even gayer versions of steam and "Games for Windows Live" onto us then it won't matter at all will it?  i guess you folk would just revert back to card games or something then?

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#11459773 - 11/15/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This is the golden age of the internet and I plan to get all the free stuff I can.  I find it foolish to pay for something I could easily have for free.  Stealing digital content isn't the same as stealing something like a car, because after all, stealing digital content is really just duplicating it.

You're just jealous you don't know how to pirate.  Read my tutorial on torrenting and quit whining.  :beetlejuice:

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11460207 - 11/15/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

uh no im just pissed cuss its assholes like you that are RUINING pc gaming as we know it.  pirate all the shitty games you want i don't give a dam, but when there's a GOOD GAME and your fucking playing it and enjoying it you should be fucking paying for it!

p.s. Pirate the shit out of the 360, but when you pirate a PC game you are FUCKING everyone!  your not "just" duplicating it, your stealing the "MONEY" that you SHOULD have gave them....your STEALING their TIME and MONEY:crankey:  and your a DIRECT cause for SHITTY PC GAMES!!!!

you deserve all the SHIT KARMA that can be shoveled your way!

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (11/15/09 02:03 PM)

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#11460517 - 11/15/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

why hijack somebody's thread though?  this should be a thread for tactics related to dragon age... all you have to do is click post new topic and type something like piracy qq-fest, then people who aren't interested will know not to click it.

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #11461026 - 11/15/09 03:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Newbie said:
This is the golden age of the internet and I plan to get all the free stuff I can.  I find it foolish to pay for something I could easily have for free.  Stealing digital content isn't the same as stealing something like a car, because after all, stealing digital content is really just duplicating it.

You're just jealous you don't know how to pirate.  Read my tutorial on torrenting and quit whining.  :beetlejuice:

your right you should definitally ask him why he mentioned pirating games...good question...i guess he thought pirating was "cool" or something and as you can see it did start a "trend" and it drew in more pirates immeditaly after.  as for me, i feel anything remotely related to the topic is on topic, and if i see someone talking about pirating a good game ill call them out nomatter what the topic is, and anyone who is a true gamer should be standing behind the stomping as this hurts ALL gamers, your in here because of this game he is indirectly hurting YOU and YOUR gaming experience and he's directly hurting Bioware one of the last standing oldschool developers and he's sitting here trying to rub it in our faces!! he's scum and he's an admitted THIEF...thats certainly not shroomery like is it....or maybe it is :nonono:

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (11/15/09 04:32 PM)

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#11461250 - 11/15/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Waaaaaaaa  waaaa waaa :bitch:  Better stop the name callin you whiney piece of assfuck.  Like I said, you're just uneducated on piracy.  Don't be embarrassed, it's okay, not everyone knows the ins and outs of free stuff.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11461303 - 11/15/09 04:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:cop:  :cop:  :cop:  :crankey:

name callin now whos crying?  and i thought i just educated YOU on piracy...

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (11/15/09 04:29 PM)

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#11461772 - 11/15/09 05:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
:cop:  :cop:  :cop:  :crankey:

name callin now whos crying?  and i thought i just educated YOU on piracy...

:bitch:

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11462119 - 11/15/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

dang man now i know your underage, first you think pirating is "cool", then you think its not theft, and now your acting like a little child...you don't even have a defence...or wait what was it I'm jealous?  seriously dude your stuck in middle school yet right?  how did you trick everyone for so long?

--------------------

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11464858 - 11/16/09 01:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:

? IDK if that was directed at me but I paid for my game. 

As a side, I've been playing League of Legends for the past two days.  I've been using the pause function all the time and that's why I'm sick of it already.  IDK.. I've had many encounters so far where I've tried LOS'ing ranged targets only to have one of my dumbass party members move on the other side of the wall when I click well before it.  I should've known better though, I spend 15 min clicking through lame story shit with answers that I'm not sure are changing the story-line or karma or wtf...  Maybe I need to give it more time?  Just finding it fucking retardedly boring so far.  Not even digging the story at all, I rolled a human warrior and it's just meh. 

Probably will be playing LoL (fucking gay acronym).  Dragon Age is a game that seems like it will be mostly me dying then reloading until I get harder encounters right, which I find to be terribly boring.  :crankey:

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#11465155 - 11/16/09 04:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
dang man now i know your underage, first you think pirating is "cool", then you think its not theft, and now your acting like a little child...you don't even have a defence...or wait what was it I'm jealous?  seriously dude your stuck in middle school yet right?  how did you trick everyone for so long?

:bitch:

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#11466875 - 11/16/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Anyway, back on topic:

This game is really looking good.  Any word on how long it is?  I hope it's as vast BG and BGII.

OfflineSolemente
Male

Loc: Flag
    #11467994 - 11/16/09 03:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm at the dream/ fade part when you get to the top of the mage's tower. I wanna get past this part so bad, it's getting annoying.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: Solemente]
    #11468342 - 11/16/09 04:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I read an exploit online where you basically get to level for free for a bit right after getting that darkspawn blood.  If you don't get the scrolls and go back to Duncan you can just keep talkin to him to get more experience.  An easy 6 levels...  :wink:  It's not cheating if it's an exploit.

OfflineABR516
Stranger

#11470032 - 11/16/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

any retard can use torrents dude, get over yourself

and obviously youre just a jew at heart because not only do you cheat the system, but you have no problem using exploits and refering them to others

way to go champ

i am not saying i am against pirating in general, but if there is a game or a movie or music that you truly enjoy, it only makes logical sense to support it...anything else is greed

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: ABR516]
    #11471980 - 11/17/09 03:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:bitch:  Waaaaaaaa  Stop derailing the thread you jew hater.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#11472001 - 11/17/09 04:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So anyway, back on topic, yea the exploit won't ruin the game for ya, especially if you're new to this kind of game.  The extra few levels you gain will definitely help in the part right after that.  I might even put this game down for a while and pick up Baldur's Gate II first, just to familiarize myself on all the tactics and everything.  I always play as an Assassin, I might switch it up and go Warrior this time.

OfflineLucidx
No longer a stranger

Loc: Mars...
    #11478686 - 11/18/09 01:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jair said:
quick download as well.

Whut torrent u usin?

--------------------
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11483426 - 11/19/09 01:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lucidx said:
Quote:

Jair said:
quick download as well.

Whut torrent u usin?

:facepalm:

so do you see how you derailed the thread now?  do you see how damaging pirating is now?  your crap is spreading like the plague...half the people in this thread don't even own the game and this number is growing all because you wanted to feel cool.  so how can we expect any more good pc games when half of us just steal them?  sure the pirate scene took off and seemed harmless at first, but we can clearly see the damages right before our eyes, the number of good pc games will only drop, dragon age 2? not at this rate.  if the hippie/shroomery members can't revert back to buying games (who sopposedly believe in karma and all that jazz) then there truely is no hope, only fate...which will have only one direction less good games, and less gamer rights, more DRM, just the continued decline all around.

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (11/19/09 02:02 AM)

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunny Afternoon in
    #11484682 - 11/19/09 10:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

As a rule of thumb i pirate games im not going to play online.

Back on topic:

Actually one of the best games ive played in a while. REally in depth story thats really got me wanting to know more.

Im at the part where i have to get ashes for the Arl because he's sick or w/e. Lazy fuck cant do it himself :lol:

I play as a rogue but i think i like mage better because i usually just play as morrigan.

She is really pissed at me though because i keep making decisions she hates :lol:

--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:

Song of the week list in journal.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: Tedwilto]
    #11484725 - 11/19/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Im at the part where i have to get ashes for the Arl because he's sick or w/e. Lazy fuck cant do it himself

yah, that's the point that i'm at but i've been doing tons and tons of side quests to buff up as playing on hard difficulty is actually fairly difficult... hopefully will get back to the main plot sooner or later... think i have 17hrs logged in.

--------------------

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11485411 - 11/19/09 01:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Im only playing on normal but i just finished doing most side quests in Denerim.

Where the balls do i find this scholar who knows whats up with the ashes? :confused:

--------------------

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11485435 - 11/19/09 01:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hhaa nevermind i found it right after i posted this.

Im an idiot :doh: :lol:

--------------------

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11485529 - 11/19/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well two games came out at about the same time, this one and league of legends... and league is strictly online multiplayer and I've been having fun with ti.  I probably won't start fucking around w/ dragon age until after this semester ends and I can put in a good amount of time to build a nice tactics repertoire for each party member so I don't have to issue commands as much.

--------------------

OfflineLucidx
No longer a stranger

Loc: Mars...
    #11485622 - 11/19/09 01:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
Quote:

Lucidx said:
Quote:

Jair said:
quick download as well.

Whut torrent u usin?

so do you see how you derailed the thread now?  do you see how damaging pirating is now?  your crap is spreading like the plague...half the people in this thread don't even own the game and this number is growing all because you wanted to feel cool.  so how can we expect any more good pc games when half of us just steal them?  sure the pirate scene took off and seemed harmless at first, but we can clearly see the damages right before our eyes, the number of good pc games will only drop, dragon age 2? not at this rate.  if the hippie/shroomery members can't revert back to buying games (who sopposedly believe in karma and all that jazz) then there truely is no hope, only fate...which will have only one direction less good games, and less gamer rights, more DRM, just the continued decline all around.

I don't like funding large corporations and I'm an experienced coder so I can get past any DRM you throw at me.

Anyways I'm about to play this game, I bought it on direct2drive because all the torrents I have found are rubbish.

Hopefully it's as good as baldurs gate.

--------------------
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: Lucidx]
    #11485904 - 11/19/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Im really enjoying it. best game in a while.

wish you could play online with a aparty of 4. that would be so :awesham:

oh well.

--------------------

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

#11486511 - 11/19/09 03:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Newbie said:

I don't know... You DO sound very greedy.  Stealing is stealing.  I suppose that MAYBE it's justified if you are stealing from some evil entity... But the people at Bioware seem decent enough and they've given me (and many others) many hours of delight and immersion into fantastic story-driven worlds. 

I know they've been crafting Dragon age in particular for years and it's not really right that you get to reap all of the benefits of their labor for free.

That, compounded with the fact that's already been mentioned, that your kind are hurting the industry, and potentially taking the great games of the future out of the realm of possibility...

you know.. it just doesn't seem right.

I mean the game is only 39.99 now... Is that really too much to ask for 60+ hours of entertainment?

But, to the OP... This game has been very difficult for me too.  I had to go back and recreate my character because I was getting pummeled.  The character I'm playing now is just basically a tank with high constitution and strength.  He's suited up in "massive armor" and takes the brunt of the damage while everybody else kicks ass...  I have the game on "easy" for the time being, but it seems to offer me the right level of challenge without getting to the point of being so frustrated and pissed off that i have to shut the god damn game down.

Ahh.. goodtimes.

Edited by two_rivers (11/19/09 04:06 PM)

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11486725 - 11/19/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

A good strategy i find is to make a tactic for your caster (if they have a heal spell) to auto heal any party member if they drop below 50%. Works well as a heal bot. I put it as my casters #1 priority.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: two_rivers]
    #11488022 - 11/19/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

my main is a spirit healer, i've been putting all my talents into healing spells and mana regen spells... now that my magic is high enough to be able to get all my spells i'm going to put all my character points into willpower for awhile so i can cast more.    allistair is my tank, he's been a bit squishy thus far, as i've worked on getting his strength and dexterity up to the point that i can get all his tanking abilities.  i went for getting threaten and taunt first, and then everything else has went into the sword and board talents  (recently just getting shield wall, which has been a massive help). now that i can get all his talents i'm dumping all my points into constitution, which has been pretty tough living without... i'm not sure if i've went the best way about it, but i really like getting a new useful skill every level up as opposed to a little constitution.  other than that i'm playing w/ sten, and have putten all his points into strength and getting all the 2 hander talents.  he's by far my greatest dps.  i also run w/ leliana, as an archer.. her dps leaves something to be desired but the bitch picks locks and i can't stand to leave a chest unturned.

still haven't procceded w/ the urn story line, i went to the elf forest and started working on those quests - i killed my first dragon and looted 20 gold!!! (for me, that's mad gold, as i think the highest pay i've gotten from a quest was mebbe 4g)... on hard this game can be nuts!  i quit all the time absolutely livid rofl, but still i have a pretty high tolerance for these things i guess.

--------------------

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11488104 - 11/19/09 07:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Nice.

My main is a rogue and i have alistair as my tank too.

I think i kinda fucked my talents up in the beginning but im getting back on track now.

I have morrigan as my caster. She fucks shit up

And for my fourth i have some assasin who tried to kill me and i took him as a 4th. I let alistair tank then set my two assasins behind the enemy and they fuck shit up with their backstabs.

I have taunt and i think the last thing i got for alistair was shield wall.

Where did you kill this dragon?

I tried to fight one on top of the mountain when you are going for the urn but i got my shit fucked up.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#11488270 - 11/19/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

well, in the elf forest you have to get an acorn from the mad dude that demands you ask and return questions, i never figured out what i had to trade him so instead i reached into his hovel and fought him and killed him for the acorn.  then you give the acorn to the great tree and he gives you some sort of wood that lets you pass through this barrier in the eastern part of the forest... through there is where the werevelves hide in this temple, on the lower floor is where the dragon is. all considering he's fairly easy compared to some of the normal pulls w/ like 15 mobs so i'd go do that and collect lol.  i have another conundrum though, apparently i pissed off the elf quartermaster and now he won't sell to me.  i'm not sure what i did, but i'm pretty fucked because he is the only one i know of that sells the root or whatever that i make my healing potions with!

--------------------

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11488654 - 11/19/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ah yeah, i just started on that.

You are supposed to find that werewolf who is still kind of an elf and wants you to give a scarf to her husband so you take the scarf then kill teh werewolf then you givethe scarf to that crazy motehr fucker of a mage and he trades you for the acorn.

and thats as far as i got then started watching curb you enthusiasm.

--------------------

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: Lucidx]
    #11489344 - 11/19/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lucidx said:
Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
Quote:

Lucidx said:
Quote:

Jair said:
quick download as well.

Whut torrent u usin?

I don't like funding large corporations...

thats really dumb, just admit it, you don't like paying for what you don't have to.  Not paying for it because its a 'large corporation' that sells it, is horribly idiotic.  I'm not being rude or anything, i download assloads of movies, but really only play games on my ps3, not my pc, so don't download games really...

peace

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: supra]
    #11490537 - 11/20/09 01:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yah the only way you can make good games these days is with large corporations, it takes entire teams to do the art, entire teams to do the codes ect ect.  i agree i hate large corps on the whole as well as it almost always leads to retarded rules n such.  but at some point you gotta pick your poison, and the pc gaming world is changing rapidly for the worse, we gotta speak with our wallets or they will continue speaking with their empty wallets.

microsoft is really close to releasing serverside games, in which you NEVER have access to any part of the game, all you do is buy a little cheap box that sends and recieves your keystrokes, and then it sends back video to your tv....this is the kind of crazy shit that will rapidly take off if we don't change our ways very quickly

--------------------

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#11491126 - 11/20/09 06:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicJoke said:
well, in the elf forest you have to get an acorn from the mad dude that demands you ask and return questions, i never figured out what i had to trade him so instead i reached into his hovel and fought him and killed him for the acorn.

Damn, every time I tried to attack him he teleported himself away. I traded him a ring I found in the woods for the acorn.

Quote:

on the lower floor is where the dragon is. all considering he's fairly easy compared to some of the normal pulls w/ like 15 mobs so i'd go do that and collect lol.

I found the dragon pretty tough, though I did beat it on my 2nd try. I was lvl 12 at the time, what about you?

Quote:

i have another conundrum though, apparently i pissed off the elf quartermaster and now he won't sell to me.  i'm not sure what i did, but i'm pretty fucked because he is the only one i know of that sells the root or whatever that i make my healing potions with!

Maybe you tried to open that chest with your Rogue, where the elf lady says she's going to tell the chief about it.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: Disco Cat]
    #11492062 - 11/20/09 11:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Damn, every time I tried to attack him he teleported himself away. I traded him a ring I found in the woods for the acorn. 

interesting, i never found the ring.

Quote:

I found the dragon pretty tough, though I did beat it on my 2nd try. I was lvl 12 at the time, what about you? 

yah, about level 12.  my main is a spirit healer (and herbalist, so i was well stocked up on pots), so i found the spike damage from a solo mob fairly predictable. rotating through my heals and then pots until my heal cooldowns were back up again.  WHAT I FOUND HARD was trying to side w/ the werewolves to fight the elf leader. holy shit that flight just obliterated me and i tried everything, zerging him might have worked as he was going down fairly quickly, if only i had a better group comp for crowd control :shrug: i don't know.  i ended up loading an earlier save game and fighting the werewolves instead... disappointing, but that was infinitely easier.

Quote:

Maybe you tried to open that chest with your Rogue, where the elf lady says she's going to tell the chief about it.

yah, at any rate, after taking down the werewolves it seems he forgave me.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#11495419 - 11/20/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I tried to fight one on top of the mountain when you are going for the urn but i got my shit fucked up. 

i killed that dragon today... it's funny, i had to go along w/ the cultists because i would get destroyed by the fight w/ kolgrim, the 2 bodyguards, and the 2 mages (because of the 2 mages)... so after going through the 4 trials to the urn i decided to see what would happen if i took the ashes w/o using the blood and just leave... outside i got into a confrontation w/ kolgrim w/o the 2 mages and beat his ass and got his horn to summon the dragon... sooo, the dragon started off obliterating me the first few attempts but it was largely a matter of placement.  i had my healer and archer and warrior w/ 2 hander spread out on the edges of room and had allistair tank him against a side wall...  if they're all grouped up the dragon nearly one shots everyone when he lands...  i let allistair get some reasonable agro before initiating w/ sten, because he puts out high threat, and then had him go in trying to keep him attacking from the side so he wouldn't get tail swiped or breathed... it didn't work out the greatest because he still got knocked back a lot, but my archer just got to have a free for all w/o taking any damage.  the same w/ my healer, out of range neither took damage.  between allistair and sten they easily went through 50 minor health pots, and my healer went through a dozen or so minor/regular lyrium pots. pretty intense timing, but the fight was in my favor, as my set up greatly favors single target encouters.  got a dragonslayer achievement and absurd amounts of loot :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#11496940 - 11/21/09 02:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I'm at the dream/ fade part when you get to the top of the mage's tower. I wanna get past this part so bad, it's getting annoying. 

is where i'm at too, so gimmicky and annoying!  though i think what annoys me the most is that it's a major time sink and i'm barely getting any exp and my other characters are getting none whatsoever.

--------------------

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

#11498128 - 11/21/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Lol... that's exactly where I'm too.

It IS annoying.  Especially because right about when you think you are ready to fight the boss... NOPE. Time for everlasting nightmarish, creepy, puzzle labyrinth.

I was frustrated at first so I was just plowing through the different "islands" not devoting my full attention which only made everything more confusing..

But now, I've calmed down and approached it with a more clear mind and it's not too difficult.  Hopefully I should be out of there soon.

You do get pretty weak XP... BUT, you get permanent increases to stats all over the place.  Be sure to keep an eye out for those.

--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: two_rivers]
    #11498206 - 11/21/09 11:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

right, at first i thought i was going to find the rest of my party inside the fade so i wasn't picking up the permanent stat increases that weren't useful to my main, but i'm doubting that's the case so i'll have to do more back tracking... i quit after getting all 4 of the shape shifts.  it seems like it shouldn't be that bad now.

--------------------

InvisibleDynoo
-
 User Gallery

Loc: - Flag
    #11502438 - 11/22/09 01:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm getting this game for Christmas for the 360. I can't wait. I spent well over 100 hours playing Oblivion and I just love RPGs.

--------------------
-

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dragon Age Tactics help... [Re: Dynoo]
    #11502456 - 11/22/09 01:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I actually like this game a lot more than oblivion.

I used to fucking loooove icewind dale and this is the same format except full of so much more awesome.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck