Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
RCMP say death linked to magic mushrooms
    #11444492 - 11/12/09 09:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

BCLocalNews.com

RCMP are cautioning residents about consuming psychoactive mushrooms following the sudden death of a 24-year-old man at Halfway Hot Springs last week. The popular natural hot springs is located off of Highway 23 about 75 kilometres south of Revelstoke.

Dieter Eggers, 24, of Taylor B.C., had been travelling in the area with a friend and when they stopped to visit the popular natural hot springs.

Nakusp RCMP report that Eggers and his friend had spent a few hours at the springs on the evening of Nov. 8 when Eggers suddenly stopped breathing.

The friend then tried to resuscitate Eggers by using CPR for about 30 minutes before leaving the scene to call emergency services. RCMP say they received the call just after 10:30 p.m. on Nov. 8. Because there is no mobile phone service in the semi-remote area, it took the companion some time before he was able to get a signal and make the emergency call.

A press release from the Nakusp RCMP says preliminary results of the autopsy "indicate the cause of death may be linked to the consumption of what was thought by the individual to be 'magic mushrooms' or psilocybin mushrooms."

The Interior Regional Coroners Office states a coroner is investigating the death. An autopsy has been completed, but a toxicology report has also been ordered.

Upon completion of toxicology and microscopic analysis, the office states the coroner can comment on the cause of death. At this time, it's unknown if Eggers' death was influenced by either 'magic mushrooms' or another type of mushroom.

"Although police have not yet been able to determine the origin of the mushrooms suspected to be linked to this death, police are urging everyone to avoid consuming anything that is believed to be 'magic mushrooms' or psilocybin mushrooms as there may be poisonous substances being sold as 'magic mushrooms'," state the Nakusp RCMP in a press release.

The RCMP say foul play has been ruled out, but an RCMP investigation continues to find out the origin of the ingested mushrooms.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
Re: RCMP say death linked to magic mushrooms [Re: FleshCap]
    #11444546 - 11/12/09 09:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i always knew that for thousands of years our ancestors have been wrong....GO GO GO STOP THEM EVIL TRYPTAMINES!!!!!!!!! or at least whatever a indole of tryptamines is lol CLOSE FUCKING ENOUGH ITS EVIL I KNOW THAT

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
Re: RCMP say death linked to magic mushrooms [Re: FleshCap]
    #11444568 - 11/12/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

it's not magic mushrooms, but a poisonous mushroom that killed him.

InvisibleBEEP
Re: RCMP say death linked to magic mushrooms [Re: elementswrath]
    #11444613 - 11/12/09 09:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

there may be poisonous substances being sold as 'magic mushrooms'," state the Nakusp RCMP in a press release.

chances are the guy who sold them to the two hunted the shrooms and a look alike got in the mix, it sounds like they where tripping.

Offlineschrutedit2005
Stranger

Re: RCMP say death linked to magic mushrooms [Re: BEEP]
    #11445007 - 11/12/09 10:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

sounds more like he confused magic with deadly....

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Re: RCMP say death linked to magic mushrooms [Re: schrutedit2005]
    #11445088 - 11/12/09 10:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

no.......drugs are bad yo

--------------------

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: RCMP say death linked to magic mushrooms [Re: Invisible_Woe]
    #11445118 - 11/12/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

deadly mushrooms dont cause you to stop breathing shortly after eating them.

although extremely rare, its not unheard of for people to die for whatever reason after eating legit psilocybes. people tend to play this down for obvious reasons.

--------------------

Offlinelaidback4sho
legend of a mind
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Louisiana
Re: RCMP say death linked to magic mushrooms [Re: 2859558484]
    #11445253 - 11/12/09 11:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well when i do die, i'd love for the cause to be a high dosage of magic mushrooms. the way i see it, i'd just be that much closer to the other side. i did, however, have an out of body experience on 5 hits of acid once. the wind blew my soul out of my body and i was floating there looking down at my body and at the thin, silvery, multi-colored thread that connected the two. was kinda hoping it didn't break lol.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: RCMP say death linked to magic mushrooms [Re: laidback4sho]
    #11445281 - 11/12/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe his body temp was out of whack, you think telling someone to remember to breathe is going to be a setting rule, i used to get so relaxed id barely breathe.

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

#11445285 - 11/12/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

laidback4sho said:
well when i do die, i'd love for the cause to be a high dosage of magic mushrooms. the way i see it, i'd just be that much closer to the other side. i did, however, have an out of body experience on 5 hits of acid once. the wind blew my soul out of my body and i was floating there looking down at my body and at the thin, silvery, multi-colored thread that connected the two. was kinda hoping it didn't break lol.

wow dude, your going to od

my friend died this one time from too much weed, i heard that lsd is way worse than weed, drugfreeworld says that bad trips are like a trip to hell...and dmt is worse than all three cuz oding is so easy.....bbl ima go take some tylenol and drink some booze while smoking cigarettes and taking my prescription

--------------------

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

#11445288 - 11/12/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

laidback4sho said:
was kinda hoping it didn't break lol.

Ah come on think of where you'd be now..

--------------------
You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself - it's all you've got, so you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you miserable..

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Re: RCMP say death linked to magic mushrooms [Re: Coheed88]
    #11445309 - 11/12/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Coheed88 said:
Quote:

laidback4sho said:
was kinda hoping it didn't break lol.

Ah come on think of where you'd be now..

IN HELL DUMMIE WERE ALL DRUGGIES GO GOD

--------------------

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#11445312 - 11/12/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

shrooms can kill

--------------------

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
    #11445318 - 11/12/09 11:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

either a pre existing medical condition of some sort, or a toxic mushroom.

even it was a one off death related to psilocybin, the first in thousands of years, it would be a sound reminder to me of how safe these things really are.

in other news that PEOPLE DONT REGARD IN THE SLIGHTEST, hundreds, possibly thousands of people worldwide died today due to alcohol related ilness's. its ok though, because they werent breaking the law.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

#11445335 - 11/12/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Invisible_Woe said:
Quote:

laidback4sho said:

my friend died this one time from too much weed, i heard that lsd is way worse than weed, drugfreeworld says that bad trips are like a trip to hell...and dmt is worse than all three cuz oding is so easy.....bbl ima go take some tylenol and drink some booze while smoking cigarettes and taking my prescription

i heard some body say thats what the rest of his family did like its some tradition and the funny thing is they often say they dont do drugs niGGuh

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: RCMP say death linked to magic mushrooms [Re: Lucas89]
    #11445337 - 11/12/09 11:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

have you talked to every person in the past "thousands of years" that has taken mushrooms?

there has been at least 1 reported death after eating mushrooms on this site, induced from a seizure. sounds like that may be what happened here, as seizures can stop breathing in serious cases.

--------------------

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

#11445355 - 11/12/09 11:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

aiyobro said:
Quote:

Invisible_Woe said:
Quote:

laidback4sho said:

i heard some body say thats what the rest of his family did like its some tradition and the funny thing is they often say they dont do drugs niGGuh

Quote:

wowitch17 said:
have you talked to every person in the past "thousands of years" that has taken mushrooms?

there has been at least 1 reported death after eating mushrooms on this site, induced from a seizure. sounds like that may be what happened here, as seizures can stop breathing in serious cases.

on a more serious note............drugs realy are bad(you know what i fucking mean). MJ is bad on ur lungz and u can go crazy or get worse from psychedelics so lets not get into the "these drugs are ok" debate because drugs cause bad things to happen sometimes. that certainly doesnt mean that they cant cause good. because that is the point. when a person does drugs its usualy cuz the good WAY out weighs the bad...see?

--------------------

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

#11445365 - 11/12/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

case in point

(pretty sure that dubstep is a direct effect from drugs being mixed with music with people being a catalyst)

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

#11445386 - 11/12/09 11:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My brain keeps trying to make that circle a octagon.

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
    #11445443 - 11/12/09 11:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

who here on this site died from eating mushrooms?

maybe eating an ounce dry would do that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag