Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip?
    #11441217 - 11/12/09 02:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I consider myself a seasoned psychedelic explorer. I have tripped between 30-40 times... which may not be a lot but practically all of the trips were EXTREMELY powerful. There was only two to three cases when things turned sour. Except for one time,it always spawned from other people having a bad trip... But the few times that happened, I brought myself out of it and also brought the group back into a positive state.  I have experienced what most people would consider a horrific trip,but they never lasted for more than an hour and they ALWAYS turned into positive experiences. There was not a single experience where I thought what I was experiencing was a bad thing. Because of my own personal beliefs on the topic, I feel I cannot have a bad trip... But I am always prepared if things turn for the worse.

Anyone else feel this way?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenightbringer
shaman in training
Male User Gallery

Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: danlennon3]
    #11441242 - 11/12/09 02:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not quite as experienced as you...

I've taken LSD 12 times, mushrooms maybe 10 times, but I've never had a bad trip either.

--------------------
OM MANI PADME HUM

Buddha of great compassion, hold me fast in your compassion. From time without beginning, beings have wandered in Samsara, undergoing unendurable suffering. They have no other protector than you. Please bless them that they may achieve the omniscient state of buddhahood.

With the power of evil karma gathered from beginningless time, sentient beings, through the force of anger, are born as hell beings and experience the suffering of heat and cold. May they all be born in your presence.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11441252 - 11/12/09 02:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

idk, depends on how you define "bad trip". I've never had any particularly perturbing experiences on LSD, and I've definitely tripped on L well over 100 times, but I've had some pretty gnarly panic attacks on mushrooms. Nothing I couldn't make it through though, obviously.

--------------------

OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #11441287 - 11/12/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've had one bad trip, a total of around 25. The only reason the trip went sour was because I started regretting having taken them. The rest of the night was me fighting the trip, trying to sleep, and it was nasty.

I just had a trip yesterday that had the potential to get ridiculously out of hand. I made tea with about 12 dried grams of cyanescens, split between 3 of us...and we lost our shit. Complete and total loss of reality, uncontrollable laughter and a whole lot of other shit I can hardly wrap my brain around.

Awesome.

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#11441670 - 11/12/09 03:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
idk, depends on how you define "bad trip". I've never had any particularly perturbing experiences on LSD, and I've definitely tripped on L well over 100 times, but I've had some pretty gnarly panic attacks on mushrooms. Nothing I couldn't make it through though, obviously.

I think thats a lot of it.

Quote:

There was not a single experience where I thought what I was experiencing was a bad thing. Because of my own personal beliefs on the topic, I feel I cannot have a bad trip... But I am always prepared if things turn for the worse.

I can agree with this statement.

I have had "bad trips" in both senses.

But, I have learned to not classify my drug experiences in moral terms. ex: Never say to myself "oh that was horrible, I dont like that kind of experience."

OR , even " I like these kind better than those. "

No moral judgements,of any kind, over my Self, the Experience or on the Shrooms.

No good.

No bad.

Just is.

:mushroom2:

EDIT : Oh, I like the idea of being prepared for the worst when concerned with your worldview.

You leave the wide open expanse of possibility, as it is,  available to provide an evolutionary step forward in your very own conciousness. Totally awesome. :cool:

Edited by Shad0w (11/12/09 03:24 PM)

OfflineBeTheFlowers
Stranger
Male

Loc: All Over
Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: Shad0w]
    #11442057 - 11/12/09 04:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have never had a bad trip in the sense that: I have freaked out, have gotten out of control, or was miserable.

I have however had a few occasions that I had wished I was no longer tripping. For example, talking to the police at an auto accident, realizing my physics test is this evening not tomorrow, shortly after taking two hits. That sort of thing

--------------------
Band of Gypsys said:
They are just ordinary entities, let's not get all carried away.

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: BeTheFlowers]
    #11442406 - 11/12/09 05:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i've tripped about 12times between LSA/LSD/Mushrooms/RC(DO<x>) and am yet to have a bad trip.
I don't welcome them, but i would still like to know that side of myself, and why i haven't had any manifestations of my darker side yet (know its there  :uptosomething: )

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
    #11442674 - 11/12/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

danlennon3 said:
I consider myself a seasoned psychedelic explorer. I have tripped between 30-40 times... which may not be a lot but practically all of the trips were EXTREMELY powerful. There was only two to three cases when things turned sour. Except for one time,it always spawned from other people having a bad trip... But the few times that happened, I brought myself out of it and also brought the group back into a positive state.  I have experienced what most people would consider a horrific trip,but they never lasted for more than an hour and they ALWAYS turned into positive experiences. There was not a single experience where I thought what I was experiencing was a bad thing. Because of my own personal beliefs on the topic, I feel I cannot have a bad trip... But I am always prepared if things turn for the worse.

Anyone else feel this way?

i do believe the more experienced one is with psychedelics the faster one can identify the root cause of the *bad loop* and work towards a resolution of that issue and turn the negative into the positive/cathartic.

--------------------

OfflineHellboy
Sex,Drugs,Rap&Alcohol
Male

Loc: Wild Wild West
Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: Taco Chef]
    #11442847 - 11/12/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I only had one 'bad' experience well tripping (complete black out on around 7g's of dried shrooms, attacked my friends and their TV, don't remember any of it, I was in the amazon...), and I don't consider that a bad trip. It was fucked up, but definitely not bad. I learned alot from it.

Same thing with acid. I haven't taken it nearly as much as I've done shrooms, but I've never had a bad trip. Things can get pretty fuckin intense when your tripping though...I had to leave a rave one time to come home and take my pants off (I could of done it there, but I had a bunch of shit in my pockets I didn't want to loose. I don't know, it just made sense at the time), but nothing horrifying. I don't understand how people can have a bad trip in the first place.

Why worry about shit or fill your head with negativity well trying to have a positive experience? Most of the people I've been around well they're having bad trips are freaking out over some stupid shit anyways. I know thats not always the case, but thats just what I've seen.

--------------------
"You might see me one day on Mush, the fuck out...Shroomsvile baby. Don't wanna see nothing but colors and stars and shit..."
- :macdre:

"Sick of you always calling asking 'where have I been?', I'm at the same place bitch, getting high with my friends."

"I'm holding my gut when the rush hits, it's subtle at first--the worst is done
This ain't nothing, until my blood is pumping, shit hits like percussion
And the club suddenly changes into something it wasn't..."

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#11442889 - 11/12/09 06:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I don't have nearly as many trips as some of you on here have....

To be honest i have lost track, but probably in the neighborhood of 25-35 trips or so, give or take. I have experimented with LSD, mushrooms, mescaline, LSA, DMT, and DXM a few times. I have also done a few psychedelic combonations, (Mescaline+LSD+Mushrooms).

I have yet to have a "bad trip". I don't believe i will ever experience a "bad trip". But i'm not saying a "difficult" trip will never happen to me.

I consider there to be a difference between a bad trip and a difficult trip.

Bad trips are when something or someone interferes with your trip, totally ruining the vibe of things. And difficult trips are when the trip is just a little rough regardless of how much you planned out your set and setting, it's something internal. Perhaps some forced introspection, repressed memories being brought up, ego loss/death/splitting/etc. With difficult trips you really just have to know how to let things flow, and i think this comes from experience with psychedelics over time, or meditation.

I actually find difficult trips to be the most rewarding and healing...

The reason i believe i will never have a bad trip is because I always plan my trips ahead of time...Have a relatively safe, comfortable location. Be with only a few people i trust, or completely alone. And go into the trip with a clear stable mind set.

I'm a firm believer in "Set and Setting"....IMO the #1 cause for a so called bad trip is because something wasn't right with the set and setting.

But remember psychedelics can be totally unpredictable....

--------------------

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: openmind]
    #11443713 - 11/12/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

to be honest, marijuana has given me the biggest problems whilst high, though i've gone in and out of anxiety, but i've always rationalized it as 'this place isn't safe, and we're smokin pot KEEP UR VOICES DOWN' kinda shit.
But this isn't even tripping on pot high,
when i trip on pot, it's nothing but great stuff, confusing as all hell, but definitely not scary or menacing.
Though once i thought my head was going to explode, visualizing two rods entering my ears and feeling immense pressure in my skull.
Nothing that a comfy chair and a cup of juice couldn't get me through.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

Invisibleaccountant
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: Kanker]
    #11444001 - 11/12/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My first two years of tripping I never experienced a bad trip.  I had probably 25 good trips, with the only negative experiences ever being times where I felt physically uncomfortable.  I had been around a lot of people having bad trips and just thought they were weak minded.

After those two years, haha, I got to a point where every trip was bad.  I think they starting getting bad when I felt like I was abusing them.  It's true what they say about mushies teaching you a lesson if you don't respect them.

OfflineSte
Play the game of life.
Male

Loc: IL
Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: accountant]
    #11444009 - 11/12/09 08:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ive tripped about 12 times now, never had a bad one yet, some are less enjoyable than others, but I couldn't say they were bad.

--------------------
Mentally speaking, I was tripping long before I even heard the word psychedelic, now I have an alibi.

Be one with the Mushroom..

I am either bored or tripping...

Invisibleaccountant
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: Ste]
    #11444069 - 11/12/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

For anybody who hasn't had a bad trip, you should should experience just how bad they really are.

I think to this day, and I've been through a lot of traumatic stuff, that my really bad trip is the worst experience I have ever had in my entire life.  Nothing even compares to being stuck in a bad trip.

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
    #11444118 - 11/12/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

accountant said:
For anybody who hasn't had a bad trip, you should should experience just how bad they really are.

I think to this day, and I've been through a lot of traumatic stuff, that my really bad trip is the worst experience I have ever had in my entire life.  Nothing even compares to being stuck in a bad trip.

--------------------

Invisibleaccountant
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #11444275 - 11/12/09 08:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

haha, I TAKE HOW I FEEL VERY SERIOUSLY!!!!

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

#11444368 - 11/12/09 08:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

~5 acid trips and ~10 shroom trips over 4 years, plus two binges that involved both drugs but weren't trips so much as they were chaotic polydrug amnesia. also 2 breakthrough salvia trips, and 1x trying lots of misc. research chems and rarer drugs.

I've had really frightening trips, deeply disturbing trips, and trips that. but not one of them was "bad" in hindsight... they may have been difficult, but I succeeded in working through the anxieties with which I was confronted, and that experience itself changed me for the better.

my "best" trips were ones that started off absolutely horrendous, but that I myself fixed.

I've had purely positive trips and it really is Eden, but it doesn't stick with you

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle of kansas
    #11444625 - 11/12/09 09:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

accountant said:

This is the truth!!! This has happend to me also, i do more aya now compared to shrooms for this reason.

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]
“To be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”― Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat

OfflinePsychoPsilocin
Playboy
Male

Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: redeyesmj]
    #11444730 - 11/12/09 09:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If anything, difficult trips have taught me the value of letting go.

Since learning that, all trips have been smooth-sailing.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#11444735 - 11/12/09 09:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

accountant said: I think to this day, and I've been through a lot of traumatic stuff, that my really bad trip is the worst experience I have ever had in my entire life.  Nothing even compares to being stuck in a bad trip.

Perhaps physical withdrawal from opiate addiction is worse than a bad trip.  Actually, they're both pretty bad.  God have mercy on the man who doses high on mushrooms while kicking heroin cold turkey.  :nonono:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinedeadhead777
Eptokozmism!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mars duuuude
Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #11444903 - 11/12/09 10:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I AM SWIM said:
Quote:

accountant said:

Greatest laugh I've had all day.

And there's no such thing as a bad trip.

--------------------

Take me to a circus tent!
Where I can easily pay my rent!
And all the other freaks will share my cares!

Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: deCypher]
    #11444954 - 11/12/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've had somewhere around 15 entheogenic experiences. Out of all those, I have not had one that was purely pleasurable or good. They all have their dark moments.

The one closest to bliss was right before a party my buddy was throwing. I think I was the only one tripping. I was just chilling with about 10 - 15 other people who I really liked and considered all of them my friends. I was just playing pool and I couldn't get the smile off of my face. Later once other people got there, someone was asking my if I had weed, which I didn't. They kept talking about it after I said no, and that was freaking me out.

On the other side of the spectrum I have had some really difficult and dark experiences too. Those are never purely negative either though. There is always an element of each. I don't look forward to the tough ones, but I sure do get more out of them, so its kind of a trade off.

--------------------
My words, too, are only an echo; but there is no reason why I should not repeat what I have heard.                    :zombie5:
-Socrates                                                                Let the rabbits wear glasses!
:gd_icon::trippycow::gd_icon:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: deadhead777]
    #11444970 - 11/12/09 10:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

deadhead777 said:

:facepalm:

Regardless of whether or not it was ultimately worthwhile and meaningful, a trip can still be so utterly horrid in terms of immediate psychological trauma that it can be considered a bad trip.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: deadhead777]
    #11444985 - 11/12/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

deadhead777 said:
Quote:

I AM SWIM said:
Quote:

accountant said:

Greatest laugh I've had all day.

So my friend on 5 hits of acid who decided that killing himself was the only way he could prove he wasn't gay, and then proceeded to attempt to prove he wasn't gay was NOT, in fact, having a bad trip? He was having a blast?

--------------------

Invisibleaccountant
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: deCypher]
    #11445238 - 11/12/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

accountant said: I think to this day, and I've been through a lot of traumatic stuff, that my really bad trip is the worst experience I have ever had in my entire life.  Nothing even compares to being stuck in a bad trip.

Perhaps physical withdrawal from opiate addiction is worse than a bad trip.  Actually, they're both pretty bad.  God have mercy on the man who doses high on mushrooms while kicking heroin cold turkey.  :nonono:

Really?  I can't imagine how horrible that must feel.  During opiate withdrawal, how long does the really bad trip feeling last?  You've given me a great way to empathize with someone withdrawling.  I knew it was bad, but I never really thought how it must feel.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11445274 - 11/12/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

accountant said:
Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

Really?  I can't imagine how horrible that must feel.  During opiate withdrawal, how long does the really bad trip feeling last?  You've given me a great way to empathize with someone withdrawling.  I knew it was bad, but I never really thought how it must feel.

Well, have you ever done opiates?

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#11445276 - 11/12/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Acute symptoms of physical withdrawal from heroin last anywhere from 3 to 8 days, but the Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms (PAWS) will last for months afterward.  The psychological addiction and craving for more opiates will generally last for years if not the rest of the abuser's life.

This is why opiate addiction sucks.  I was addicted to H for about five months but had to do a suboxone taper to get off the stuff; cold turkey was Hell on Earth and simply not possible to sustain without someone else forcibly locking me into a room.

Invisibleaccountant
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#11445753 - 11/13/09 01:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:

Ya, I've used opiates.  I've never IV'd anything and I have never used any tar.

I've done week binges before on oxys and pod tea, but I have never had withdrawal symptoms that were that bad (nothing close to a bad trip).

Invisiblenachohippie
asshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: right around the corner Flag
    #11445807 - 11/13/09 01:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

60to 70trips lsd and shrooms nevera badtime

--------------------

send guns, money ,lawyers, and drugs its been a long night

everything i post is a lie im a pathological liar

Offlinevuskies
Photographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Federal Way, WA
Re: Any experienced trippers here who never had a bad trip? [Re: nachohippie]
    #11445882 - 11/13/09 01:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i'm not very experienced but i haven't had a bad trip but disturbing ones. like when i had my first experience with ego-death. it was just weird..

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11446992 - 11/13/09 10:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

accountant said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

Ya, I've used opiates.  I've never IV'd anything and I have never used any tar.

I've done week binges before on oxys and pod tea, but I have never had withdrawal symptoms that were that bad (nothing close to a bad trip).

Well then it's not that hard to empathize with somebody in withdrawals. Imagine being high on opiates. Now imagine the polar opposite.

--------------------

Offlineganja_guru
Strangest Stranger
Male

#11447182 - 11/13/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Fairly experienced 10 or so trips all lucy.My last trip I got the darker side of the girl for SURE.It may sound crazy but i had a smell and total feel of the darker side that was more intense that i can explain with words.The paranoia was eating me alive as well.But I got through it with enlightenment of my brain functions.

Still have another hit of it,Dont know if im ready for it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag