Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Ego, Acid and Leary [Re: Gunboat]
    #1146697 - 12/16/02 05:36 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I would say there is a right answer for what the ego is. Some people have no clue what the ego really is though. John Lilly quotes "All human beings, all persons who reach adulthood in the world today are programmed biocomputers. None of us can escape our own nature as programmable entities. Literally, each of us may be our programs, nothing more, nothing less."

Not everyone reaches transcendence by taking psychedelics, but definately of course altered states of consiousness. I think it is both their will and the drug, because the drugs allow them to see their own will. For some people it can have lifetime benefits, and for other people it can be bad. If done in a controlled environment though, it seems it can be very beneficial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Ego, Acid and Leary [Re: Sclorch]
    #1147238 - 12/16/02 08:44 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Leary conducted several successfull experiments into imprinting. Most notably the experiment he ran in a prison which cut the recidivism rate of those involved by a highly significant figure. There are also countless other cases where behaviour change has been effected thru the use of psychedelics and therapy. Leary never said psychedelics on their own would be sufficient.

Sclorch says "There's no IMPRINT. This is what "hallucinogens" are/do:"

Apparently its an obstacle course.

Sclorch, have you ever heard of E-Prime? Your post would be much easier on the eye if it was translated!!  :grin:

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Ego, Acid and Leary [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1147240 - 12/16/02 08:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I love Robert Anton Wilson! shouldnt that have been inside quote marks!!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Ego, Acid and Leary [Re: GazzBut]
    #1148653 - 12/17/02 10:04 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

GazzBut: Sclorch, have you ever heard of E-Prime? Your post would be much easier on the eye if it was translated!!

This is coming from the same person who just used the word "recidivism"?
You understood... I thought it was as concise (though thorough) as possible.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1148779 - 12/17/02 10:45 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Sclorch, I am not bashing you or anything. Everyone is entitle to an opinion, but when you say there is no imprint, that is just plain false, I don't think you know the definition of imprint. It is also just a theory describing experiences. When you say there is no imprint it is kind of like saying there is no memory. What you are describing is just another way of explaining the theory of imprints. John Lilly and TImothy Leary say that those sorting out of life obstacles are seeing conflicting programs of experiences, this is re imprinting your brain. When a baby is born it imprints a mother figure, it doesn't have to be its biological mother, it can be the first thing it sees, this can be changed, or reimprinted.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: Ego, Acid and Leary [Re: Murex]
    #1148783 - 12/17/02 10:46 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yup, my first time breaking through on Salvia 10x = complete ego loss for a few minutes.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Ego, Acid and Leary [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #1148985 - 12/17/02 11:57 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

My experience was really unconfortable because it's so intense. Now I know what to expect for next time. I should do Salvia again sometime soon.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineEuphoricBlue
Trance DepthExplorer

Loc: Fresno, California
Re: Ego, Acid and Leary [Re: Gunboat]
    #1150200 - 12/17/02 07:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I dont know about yall but I realized I was nothing but a speck of life in a vast vaccuum of nothing. Do not judge cause you aren't shit. I was an athiest till I ate an 1/8th. I believe now mushrooms let you see through Gods eye for a short time. Although sometimes the truth hurts, to accept and to forgive unlocks what we are as humans and what we should be.

Chad

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1150251 - 12/17/02 08:22 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

E-prime takes out the use of the word "is" and its relatives. So you wouldnt have been saying "there IS no imprint" "This IS what they ARE"

This method of talking seems unweildy but I think it can prove beneficial.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Edited by GazzBut (12/17/02 08:25 PM)

InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Ego, Acid and Leary [Re: GazzBut]
    #1150305 - 12/17/02 09:05 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

There is alot I dont understand about ego death because I have never reached that point in my psychedelic experimenting. One question I have is if you are experiencing true ego death, do you totally forget who you are and that you've taken a hollucinegen to make you feel that way? Also when your tripping that hard can you move around or you pretty much stuck in the fetal position the whole time. Im thinking about trying a large shroom dose (5+grams) in the near future and I want to know what im in for. Ive had taken some high doses before(acid & shrooms) but I have never forgotten who I was or that I was high on a drug.

Edited by Blu Spore (12/17/02 09:41 PM)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Ego, Acid and Leary [Re: Blu Spore]
    #1150460 - 12/18/02 12:16 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I have never experienced ego death such as the one you describe. I know people who say they have but I always wonder how they can recall the experience if there was no ego present at that time?.

I do not feel sure the ego can ever truly "die", I dont really see ego as an enemy I fear and wish to destroy either. My favourite model sees the ego as a collection of software programs that run the hardware of our brain. We can become aware of this programming in action and we can even change it. Or we can choose not to focus on any of our established programs, i.e thru meditation or Psychedelics and when we can do this successfully we may experience "ego death". Although to me the ego still exists, running a new program or maybe no program at all.

As for your 5gram dose it is hard to say what you are in for! I have felt incapacitated briefly and i suppose ive forgotten i had taken shrooms at times but only because i have absorbed myself in wherever the trip has taken me. One bit of advice I would give, Dont go looking for ego death - I think that makes it harder and harder to find. I would suggest asking the mushrooms to show you peace or the secret of peace. I would also reccomend doing that dose on your own in a darkened room.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Edited by GazzBut (12/18/02 12:38 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom