Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineI'm_Confused
Stranger
Day versus Night...
    #1143808 - 12/15/02 06:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Mushroom hunting in the day versus the night is the question.....which is better? Information says that the day time is better but your at more risk of getting seen. I have no idea how to approach a "Day Hunt" or even where to go where I won't be seen. I don't live close to any cow pastures (45 minutes in either direction is the closest towns where they are abundant). Searching at night is more difficult because you have limited light which makes your searching time much longer, and your not at as much risk as if you were doing it during the day, you just have to be watchful of cars (if near a road), and just be quiet.

Can anyone give me tips on Day Hunting and Night Hunting, i.e. How to chose a "safe" or "good" location, How to not get caught, etc.

Thanx for your help...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Day versus Night... [Re: I'm_Confused]
    #1143865 - 12/15/02 06:27 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well, Im guessing you are refering to hunting for Ps. cubensis growing in cow pastures. Because hunting for mushrooms in the woods isn't very threatening... :smile:

Anyways, Id think the best way is to ask the farmer or owner of the cow pasture before going in it.

Try going to him/her saying that you are a student of mycology at your local college, and bring a camera and notebook and measurement device. Say you are on a feild study for the various types of mushrooms that grow in the area. Since mushrooms consume nitrogen as one of their primary nutrients, cow pastures offer a wide variety, with the high nitrogen put off by the dung.

:smile:

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: Day versus Night... [Re: angryshroom]
    #1144837 - 12/16/02 07:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

>Since mushrooms consume nitrogen as one of their primary nutrients, cow pastures offer a wide variety, with the high nitrogen put off by the dung.

LOL... Most farmers would be so dumbfounded after they heard that, that they'd have to say yes :smile:

I think day time hunting is better... much easier to see them, and it looks a lot less suspicious. Just make sure you get permission before going on the land, most farmers are cool with you hunting there as long as you don't harass their cattle or leave trash in the field. Some of them are even cool about it if they know you're picking psychedellics, because some of them used to do it when they were young :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification