Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblei95fl
DĄŃC€444LYYF€
Male User Gallery

Loc: RIØ D€JAN€IRO Flag
shivers from weed
    #11436565 - 11/11/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i smoked my normal bowl last night and came down with some serious "shaky shivers" , now this has never happened to me before so i was extremely concerned.

has this ever happened to anyone before?

i'm also not used to smoking in the cold, but i honestly was in an entire shock.

wtfux?

--------------------
"You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye."
"Bill Clinton does not inhale marijuana, right? You bet. Like I chew on LSD but I don't swallow it."
"America should start a war on education, if its anywhere as successful as the war on drugs, everyone would be hooked on phonics."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: shivers from weed [Re: i95fl]
    #11436593 - 11/11/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

anxiety. i just asked the same question last night.

--------------------

Invisiblei95fl
DĄŃC€444LYYF€
Male User Gallery

Re: shivers from weed [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11436616 - 11/11/09 08:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i'll check it out, funny that this question got proposed recently =D

thanks, shit was really fucked up last night.

--------------------
"You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye."
"Bill Clinton does not inhale marijuana, right? You bet. Like I chew on LSD but I don't swallow it."
"America should start a war on education, if its anywhere as successful as the war on drugs, everyone would be hooked on phonics."

Offlinenootropic
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Loc: graveyard
Re: shivers from weed [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11436619 - 11/11/09 08:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

could also be the temperature. smoking is always more pleasurable in a warm and cozy place where you can sit on a couch and say fuck the world.

--------------------
[quote]Oweyervishice said:
[quote]Icelander said:
What is at the bottom of it?[/quote]

Death anxiety? :flirt:[/quote]

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
    #11436620 - 11/11/09 08:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes. Its a symptom of a panic attack, plain and simple. It happened to me after 3 years of heavy smoking.

I don't really have anything to tell you besides it's just a side effect that eventually made me quit. Putting a blanket around you doesn't even help. It's not shiver's from the cold, it's just your body going into a little panic; which weed sometimes triggers. Kinda a bust I know, but shit happens.

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

OfflineSalviNate
Misnomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dablands Flag
Re: shivers from weed [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #11436647 - 11/11/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

used to get that when i started, eat a great big oranage and get warm your fine works every time man

--------------------

Invisiblei95fl
DĄŃC€444LYYF€
Male User Gallery

#11436649 - 11/11/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

wow what a buzz kill, i'm glad i got to the bottom of this.

you're right about the blanket thing, also taking a shower doesn't help one bit. i was freaking out man. it twas bad.

--------------------

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
    #11436670 - 11/11/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i got shivers, but just cause i got cold.

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

#11436680 - 11/11/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tempingasashaman said:
Yes. Its a symptom of a panic attack, plain and simple. It happened to me after 3 years of heavy smoking.

I don't really have anything to tell you besides it's just a side effect that eventually made me quit. Putting a blanket around you doesn't even help. It's not shiver's from the cold, it's just your body going into a little panic; which weed sometimes triggers. Kinda a bust I know, but shit happens.

yea ur right. i never had anxiety till awhile back i just got them out of nowhere. but when i start to get the shivers i just tell myself over and over again no big deal if u dont freak itll go away ur not the only one nothings wrong with u etc.

i know sometimes if i smoke too much music will be downright frightening but if ur not that high and ur getting the shivers turn on some smooth jazz  or chillout something downtempo anything thatll help u relax.

EDIT: yea when i take a warm shower when im freshly stoned or high it freaks me out. i cant feel the water on me and the warmth take son a whole new sensation of the most fucked up degrees, but even if i cant enjoy the warm shower to the full extent it starts to sober my sense of touch up some so i dont get the shivers as much.

--------------------

OfflineWallofSleep
Stranger

#11436686 - 11/11/09 08:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

i95fl said:
i smoked my normal bowl last night and came down with some serious "shaky shivers" , now this has never happened to me before so i was extremely concerned.

has this ever happened to anyone before?

i'm also not used to smoking in the cold, but i honestly was in an entire shock.

wtfux?

Yea dude, happens to me every time I smoke actually. A few days ago was the most extreme where I walked out in the cold for like 30 seconds and came back shaking uncontrollably. I dont react to the herb very well it seems :tongue2: (hallucinations, tons of anxiety)

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Re: shivers from weed [Re: WallofSleep]
    #11436752 - 11/11/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

panic attacks are no fun at all.

Cannabis seems to be a problem for a lot of people. I'm fine with mushrooms and cactus alone, but the moment weed comes into the picture my trip goes south.

I don't smoke anymore when I trip, and it's been awesome every time.

--------------------

Offlineauxiliary
Mr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Thatoneville
    #11436801 - 11/11/09 08:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Are you kidding? I get it all the time. It's just what your body does when you get a little panicky or antsy.

--------------------

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Re: shivers from weed [Re: auxiliary]
    #11436831 - 11/11/09 08:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

auxiliary said:
Are you kidding? I get it all the time. It's just what your body does when you get a little panicky or antsy.

You have fun with panic attacks?

I mean, I just learned to not push myself through uncomfortable situations, and I've thanked myself over and over.

--------------------

Invisibledrainhaven
Awake
 User Gallery

Loc: SouthernMan
    #11436962 - 11/11/09 08:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Had the same general problem. Used to enjoy it but it seems as I got older as soon as i got high, this negative vibe and self doubt creeped over me. Maybe Im weird but I put it down for that reason.

--------------------
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience." -Anonymous

Spawning To Coir Tek
Blutjager's LC Tek

Offlineauxiliary
Mr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Thatoneville
    #11437012 - 11/11/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tempingasashaman said:
Quote:

auxiliary said:

I mean, I just learned to not push myself through uncomfortable situations, and I've thanked myself over and over.

The thing is- I'm not having a "panic" attack when this happens. It's just nervous anticipation of the high. When I settle it goes away. If this turns into a panic attack for anyone, it's probably 'cause you worry yourself too much about it.

And it's also completely normal if you're shaking in a minus 60 degree environment, of course.

--------------------

Offlineklopi123
Littlest shroom
Female User Gallery

Loc: canada Flag
    #11437045 - 11/11/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I smoked all the time and never had a problem. Now i get the cold thing all the time. I have tried everything. I have tried experimenting with different strains, taking long hot baths, sun bathing you name it nothing works. I remember one time getting paranoid and thinking the government must have something to do with it like lacing the stuff cuz I buy it legally from the green cross.:ooo:

There is one way to beat it and I don't know why this is but if you bake it then you will only experience a very deep relaxed buzz. I sometimes buy the sugar cookies and eat like 6-8 but your tolerance gos thru the roof and if you don't watch out you will definitely put on the pounds.

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Re: shivers from weed [Re: klopi123]
    #11437122 - 11/11/09 09:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

auxiliary said:
Quote:

tempingasashaman said:
Quote:

auxiliary said:

The thing is- I'm not having a "panic" attack when this happens. It's just nervous anticipation of the high. When I settle it goes away. If this turns into a panic attack for anyone, it's probably 'cause you worry yourself too much about it.

And it's also completely normal if you're shaking in a minus 60 degree environment, of course.

No, I totally understand. I've never had a 'panic' attack either, it's just these are the symptoms of one. They're caused by a substance and that's why it's a little different from a normal one. I get shakes and my heart beat sometimes goes fast when I start concentrating on it. The only thing that relaxes me is deep deep breaths.

I just can't smoke pot without negative things going on, but I still love to eat it.

Quote:

klopi123 said:
There is one way to beat it and I don't know why this is but if you bake it then you will only experience a very deep relaxed buzz. I sometimes buy the sugar cookies and eat like 6-8 but your tolerance gos thru the roof and if you don't watch out you will definitely put on the pounds.

yep

--------------------

Invisibleklimt
Stranger
Male

Re: shivers from weed [Re: klopi123]
    #11437228 - 11/11/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I never got shaky, but I seem to get very paranoid. My tolerance, however, is very low (it feels like I am tripping). Next time I am only going to take one hit and see how I feel.

Offlinesmaerd
 User Gallery

#11437248 - 11/11/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If your getting the cold chills your like me and you get reallly high(very sensitive smoker). Dude, get a blanket, some juice, and something to eat. It cures that shit right up. I think it's from low blood sugar or something.

Edited by smaerd (11/11/09 09:26 PM)

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

Re: shivers from weed [Re: drainhaven]
    #11437498 - 11/11/09 09:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

drainhaven said:
Had the same general problem. Used to enjoy it but it seems as I got older as soon as i got high, this negative vibe and self doubt creeped over me. Maybe Im weird but I put it down for that reason.

Im in that stage now, I get like that almost every time i smoke. Doesnt bother me as much if i dont have to talk to people and just ignore the feeling but i dont like just ignoring the feeling while im high.
You glad you put it down?
Also, back in high school i use to get those shivers ALL the time, regardless of weather. I called them the "angry jitters". But honestly, i didnt even get anxious when i smoked back then so it might not always be from the anxiety.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom