Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

Thick Honey Water: What?
    #1141592 - 12/14/02 05:33 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I have been working with some honey water solutions and one of my jars is getting somewhat thick. The general liquid solution is quite mycoey. I've already made one syringe of the stuff, which is doing quite well, but i've also got balls in the jar I made the solution in. These are mothball sized, about 3-5 mm diameter, and are too resiliant to be forced into the syringe. I have a Hospital friend coming over tonite with some larger guage needles, but I don't know if they're going to be big enough.
I guess my question is, what is to be done with the honey water solution once it gets chunky? I know I can put it in the fridge to hibernate my mycos, but I still have these big balls that could colonize something pretty well if given the chance. Do I need a glovebox or flowhood to even mess with this area of mycology?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Thick Honey Water: What? [Re: Mister Black]
    #1141607 - 12/14/02 05:42 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

There's this button at the top of the forum that says search. I suggest you try it out a lil. If you bothered to do a search, you might have found this.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=491797&Forum=CatSearch-1&Words=honey%20stop&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=200&Old=allposts&Main=491797&Search=true#Post491797

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

Re: Thick Honey Water: What? [Re: daussaulit]
    #1141721 - 12/14/02 06:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

There's a posting in this forum that asks a QUESTION. I suggest you read it a lil. If you had bothered to do so, you would have found that your jackass response doesn't even come close to answering it.

Thanks though!

Invisiblerepobob
enthusiast
Loc: Illinois
    #1142231 - 12/15/02 03:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

This won't help this time, but may next. If you put pieces of glass in your Honey water before PCing when you shake the jar you break up the mycillium. This time try to break up the mass with the needle of the syringe. Just wiggle it through the mass. Also if you are going to do liquid cultures you should get longer needles. I have a few that are like 5 inches long. I can't remember were I got them, but it was a place that sells ink cartridge refil kits. Sorry I can't find the link. Or perhaps a turkey injector might work. You know, they are used to inject spices into turkeys. Usually they can be found near those large pots to deep fry turkey. The needles have a larger bore.
I have been adding 1/8 tsp of Neutrional Yeast to each pint of Honey water or Kayro. Works very well.

Hope this helps

Bob

--------------------

Edited by repobob (12/15/02 03:57 AM)

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #1142932 - 12/15/02 10:28 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

There's a posting in this forum that asks a QUESTION. I suggest you read it a lil.

How did that link NOT answer your question?

In reply to:

I guess my question is, what is to be done with the honey water solution once it gets chunky?

You asked what to do if it gets chunky. If you read the link it'll never get chunky. It'll stop/slow automatically when it gets saturated.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thick Honey Water: What? [Re: daussaulit]
    #1142960 - 12/15/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

daussaulit, you're really not healping anyone with your frequent helpful 'links' to the search page. is this how you get your kicks? this is the cultivation forum, not the advanced forum. maybe you should hang out there instead, so we don't bore you with our inane 'questions' and suchlike.

--------------------
buh

Offlinejohnnyburtal
Stranger

Loc: NYC
Re: Thick Honey Water: What? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1143132 - 12/15/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you for your post shirley knott I think you have said it all Peace Dequilo

--------------------
" I never thought freedom was cheap " Ralph (Sonny) Barger

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

Re: Thick Honey Water: What? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1143301 - 12/15/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks Shirley and Bob. Word up.

I didn't want to slow the growth of the mycelium, I was just wondering if anything could be done with the balls that it forms. Since my original post I've discovered that shaking the water up for a while (swirled it around for ~30 mins) finally breaks up the colony clusters of mycos without retarding their growth, allowing greater amounts of myco to be put in the syringe. I'm not too worried about the junk getting too thick once its in the syringe because I use my syringes pretty quickly (less than 24 hours) after I make them.

I've been experimenting with the honey water tek for a couple of weeks now and I'm in love. It is much excellent to be able to stretch out a single spore syringe into many that will colonize quickly.

Peace.

M.B.

Edited by Mister Black (12/15/02 12:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures