Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving novelty
    #1142405 - 12/15/02 05:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hello, this is my first post in generalquestions
My name is david.
And I am not an alcholic.
==anyways.
I've heard that doing large amounts of lsd or doing lsd for long periods of time, effect peoples perception of novelty (Novelty meaning new, unusual, special, fresh.). That these drugs effect a part of the amygdala( I think it was the amygdala) that percieves novelty and that when off the drug these people experience things to be "flat". I've only done shrooms once and i've never done lsd. I was wondering if anyone who has been consistent with shroom or lsd usage tend to experience things 'flatly' when off the drug. Plus, I would like to know if anyone can confirm a study on this.
Sssank you.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBob_J
Spaced outRabbit

Loc: alberta canada
Re: Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving novelty [Re: David_Scape]
    #1142501 - 12/15/02 06:22 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

ive done plenty of LSD myself and many shrooms (ive done more acid than shrooms though). anyways i dont find things boring anymore, actually i find them quite entertaining. its true that LSD does change you...but its in a positive way, not a negative thing. i know longer dislike people, i just accept them for who they are (ex. gays). things are never boring for me cause its just the way i think now. hard to explain lol, ive realized many things while under the effects of LSD.
but all in all i think dropping the excessive amounts of LSD was a good thing for me. now though i like shrooms better. mainly because there cheap and you can grow them yourself and not have to go across town to some sleazy dealers house who has the paper. plus shrooms are more happy. LSD i find is more of a "industrial" type high. i think anyone who's done acid knows what im talking about...
as for your scientific stuff.....dont know, but i have heard that LSD can be used to treat alcoholics and some types of violent or semi violent mental problems. however it can bring out deep mental problems in people who didnt even know they had it, which i do believe totally.
anyways thats my 2 cents

--------------------

"With insomnia your never really asleep, and your never really awake"

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1142539 - 12/15/02 06:45 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

For me it's basically the opposite. After doing psychedelics, it's quite common to get "moments of clarity"....i.e "hey, we're floating in space!".

That sort of thing. Although I do see how they might have the effect you're talking about. Perhaps things you would usually consider to be new and exciting (a new car for example) become less interesting. Instead you gain a new appreciation for "mundane" things...nature, the mind, the universe.

That sort of thing. Good thread.

--------------------

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1142565 - 12/15/02 07:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i've done mushrooms since summer every 3 weeks or so, sometimes more, for a total of 12 times in about 5 or 6 months. nothing is flat to me. i find everything vibrant and happy and pretty :-)
mebbe i misunderstood what you meant tho?

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
Re: Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving novelty [Re: Revelation]
    #1142587 - 12/15/02 07:16 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yea man, i totally agree. it makes the petty shit in life look even pettier, and makes the prettier things in life prettier. i appreciated life before, but i find more things in life to appreciate everytime i trip. i just recently learned (while tripping) how much fun it is to simply be alive, or as ram dass puts it, be here now

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

OfflineEuphoricDream
Seeker

#1142652 - 12/15/02 08:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I have actually heard that shrooms, lsd, and other drugs can affect you in so that things can start to be a little more "flat". I have heard the same thing about pot also. I can say that there does seem to some validaty in these claims thought. Although I can not comment on the scientific part or even how excessive amounts of shrooms or lsd affect this part of life, I can say that I feel pot can have this affect. If I continually smoke alot of pot it becomes hard for me to have fun doing nearly anything unless I am high. This seems to slower disappear after I cut back on the pot smoking. So I could understand if shrooms or lsd did the same. Do you remeber where you saw this information? I'd be interested in reading up on it.
lata

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Re: Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving novelty [Re: EuphoricDream]
    #1142709 - 12/15/02 08:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"I'd be interested in reading up on it."

Sorry, I didnt read it anywhere. That is one reason i made the thread.

I heard it from a good radio show called Loveline. You may have heard of it. I recomend you check out your local listings and listen in.  :cool:

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Edited by David_Scape (12/15/02 09:32 AM)

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving novelty [Re: Bob_J]
    #1142770 - 12/15/02 09:11 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Although im not especially experienced with either im gonna give you my .02cents.
Ive only done quality acid once, and shrooms perhaps 12-15 times, and smoke pot Many times throughout the day. The psychadelics have made me content with everything, and thats the best way to put it, I dont get overly excited about anything, nor do i get down on things, LIke you said you can just accept things, gays for instance. Its beyond my control, so why worry myself with it?
Psychadelics can change people, for most of us on this board its for the positive, you just dont see most of the bad things they can do because often we dont look, or want to know. All in all it boils down to this (in my opinioin) If you think they changed you for the good, they did, and if you think they did, or will change you for the worse you will dwell on that, and it will do just that. Ooo, the mysteries of the mind.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

Re: Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving nov [Re: David_Scape]
    #1144800 - 12/16/02 05:43 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've taken shrooms probably less than one hundred times, and I've taken acid no more than three hundred times (mostly upwards of one dose), and it is true, there is a noticable alteration in perception. However, I have found that the only times I have had my perception of the world around me altered in any big way (ie, as much as any heavy spiritual experience, altering my entire frame of reference) have been when I've dosed big. And I mean level 5+. The first time my point of view was altered was when I lost touch with reality for the first time, the first time I ate two ten-strips. This seems so long ago. I have since experienced mild change when tripping several times, the most recent being when I ingested approx. 1 tbsp. liquid lsd in the period of about two hours. This was the first time that I have ever experienced telepathy, as well as being the only time my entire nervous system was completely unsure of what was going on in the world around it. At the same time, it was as if I was being shown something completely outside the realm of normal human perception, but something as real as light and color. My mind began defining concepts of humanity that were completely new, completely foriegn, but completely revolutionary. My trip parter and I (who were unrecognizable as two different entities for some time) began to scrawl what we soon realized were important messages to our race all over paper in order to solve a great mystery we had just been presented with. Kind of like we had tapped in to the prophet hotline, and the amount and type of information we were getting was pretty unmanagable. My previous experiences and unflagging willpower allowed me to keep a toe on the ground throughout, but my partner eventually flipped his lid and ran off screaming into the night. I eventually located him several weeks later preaching to some d&d dorks about "administered poisons" and "mass corporeal pollution". He stopped doing drugs and smoking cigarettes. Since that experience he has decided that he is the son of god sent to earth to front a spiritual-art-progressive rock band destined to save the world, and now he takes X.
Aside from some introspective personal realizations that I made from the trip, I haven't been changed except for the fact that both me and my trip partner were exposed to the same extrasensory life force and were shown some staggeringly correct-seeming answers about the basic fundaments of the otherwise mysterious collection of sensory-input that we call 'reality'.

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing its self subjectively, that there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're an imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather... "

Now I don't really do acid. I mean, I haven't done acid in a few years. I'll do mushrooms every once in a while, and only in low dosages. I smoke pot. I smoke hella pot. Every day. And I smoke high grade sensimillia, pot that has names. I smoke white rhino and humble and lethal purple. Northern lights and sensi star are my two favs at the moment, only because my nug jars are filled with them. Whenever I get high, really high, my mind has the tendency to 'slip' a little. I don't know why, or what. I just sort of lose a grip on something temporarily. Its almost as if my thoughts start drifting toward that point of enlightenment, or whatever, that I experienced on that liquid trip. Sometimes I have to grab on to something. I take a few breaths and everything goes back to normal. I know very well that there's a good chance I'll be either comatose or raving insane by the time I finish my twenties, but hell, it's better than getting drafted.

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Re: Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving nov [Re: Mister Black]
    #1144820 - 12/16/02 05:50 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you Mister Black for that intresting story!
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: 

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

Re: Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving nov [Re: David_Scape]
    #1144847 - 12/16/02 06:02 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, yeah, I'd also like to add one thing: Be careful of who/where you get your information from. In America today valuable information is becoming more and more tainted, altered to fit the wills of those providing it to you. This is especially true with outlawed psychedelic substances, where the amount of actual scientific information on the effects of the substances on the brain is extremely limited, at best. Radio talk show hosts, or callers for that matter, are more likely to invent convenient information in order to keep things moving or make themselves sound more intelligent than they actually are, than they are to just admit that they really don't know. Take hearsay with a grain of salt, and base your real decisions on the accumulated input of many experienced people in a community setting, like this one. Multiple points of view are just many facets of an even bigger Truth.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1145002 - 12/16/02 06:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've done shit loads of acid, tons of e, buckets of 2cb, 16 years as an alcoholic, i'm an ex tobacco user who's also smoked enough pot to sink a ship, and i still find novelty in things. But the novelty has to be real.

Nature provides me with all the novelty i can ever need. To see my little peyote seeds bursting forth from the soil yesterday made me feel glorious. To watch the life cycle of my shrooms is wonderful. To walk through Epping Forest and see oaks that are hundreds of years old fills my heart with awe and humility. To watch the fox that lives next to my allotment makes me know i'm lucky to have the allotment next to her home.

But if you mean by novelty the multi national corporate brain washing advertising campaigns, then i have to admit that halucinogens have done irreparable damage to my mind. But should i really care that i am no longer able to have my mind twisted and my arse dragged into a shop because some advert told me it was the thing to do?

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Re: Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving nov [Re: Mister Black]
    #1145028 - 12/16/02 07:10 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, while I have listened to Dr.Drew (the person who said this. On the show.) for a long time and I generally trust is word. I do dissagree with him in some places, and i realize he is a personality under the scrutiny of many and may shoot forth things he himself doesnt even aggree with just to make sure he appears "anti-drug". That is partially the reason i came to the board.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1145030 - 12/16/02 07:11 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

after 17 years of psychedelic use i would have to say that for me personaly i pick up on novelty more. it`s easy for me to live in the moment and enjoy life.i get off on the changes life brings and enjoy the simple routines.psychedelics tought me to appreciate the moment and that all that matters is right now.i am more amazed by life than i would be if i hadn`t done psychedelics. the most simple task can turn into bliss if i can free my mind and put my whole being in the moment. i meditate so this also helps integrate the psychedelic experiance into my everyday life. i rarely use psychedelics anymore but there influence is there everyday all day through the changes they brought about.
i could go on all day about this but will close with a quote from the late great jerry garcia "i can`t imagine how gray my life would have been if i hadn`t done psychedelics"

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Re: Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving novelty [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1145034 - 12/16/02 07:13 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Nature provides me with all the novelty i can ever need. To see my little peyote seeds bursting forth from the soil yesterday made me feel glorious. To watch the life cycle of my shrooms is wonderful. To walk through Epping Forest and see oaks that are hundreds of years old fills my heart with awe and humility. To watch the fox that lives next to my allotment makes me know i'm lucky to have the allotment next to her home.

LoL! I see no problem with novelty here!  :cool:

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1145069 - 12/16/02 07:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Not sure where you are but in UK tonight on channel 4 is a program on cannabis psychosis. Might be worth a watch.

I also beleive that a lot of the problems caused by halucinogens is the fact that some people do not want to accept their new enlightened state of mind. They fight the things i described and try to bring back the way things were, and that can't ever happen.

Halucinogens are a one way door to a beautiful life, if you can accept that life then great, but if you can't then that's the problem.

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1147335 - 12/16/02 11:06 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

Re: Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving novelty [Re: matts]
    #1147431 - 12/17/02 12:08 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

That's what i was saying. A one way door. Once you step through and see the world beyond you can't then go back and pretend you didn't see it, even if it is something that you don't like or agree with. Knowledge is represented in the Tarot by swords - double edged swords.

When you face the truth it's gong to hurt. How a person deals with that pain is where the problems are caused.

I think a lot of it comes down to the fact that halucinogens are condemned so much in our society, and people who take them tend to get ignored no matter that they can be in desperate need of someone to listen. And when they do have these moments they often find that there is no one knowledgeable to talk to.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1148470 - 12/17/02 09:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

After a while doing one drug, whether it be a hallucinogen or not, it tends to get boring, as long as you're not addicted. This is merely you getting bored of there never being anything new. Not much to do with the amygdala though. The amygdala are components of the limbic system, which controls basic drices and emotions such as sadness, aggression, and fear, just to name a few. The amygdala mostly affect how aggressive or placid someone is. They don't have much to do with any drugs though, although I'm sure long term use of opiates and amphetamines can lead to serious problems with aggression.

Offlinehamilton
friend
Male

Loc: delta Flag
Re: Shrooms and LSD their effect on percieving novelty [Re: Bob_J]
    #16110061 - 04/19/12 03:24 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

they helped me in many ways goodbye ego!

--------------------
i love you !and look forward to shroomin wicha !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals