Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejohnnyburtal
Stranger

Loc: NYC
looking for some advice from others
    #1142271 - 12/15/02 06:17 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hello to all, I have a couple of question and would like the advice of others on then. First I would like to say thank you very much to all that read and reply to my post, and also would like say that I indeed UTFSB before I posted these questions. I would like some others advice to help me to move forward in the right direction. I have seen that some people find it a problem to have people ask what they feel are not good question. Enough of that here goes first let me tell you where I am at this time. I have 18 one-pint jars that have three different strains (creepers, allens, and PRs), they have been Inoculated for about six days now and are doing nicely (going to make an Incubator today temp. not stable enough) let jars sit for a week before Inoculating and did them at four points in the oven with 2cc per jars.
So here are my questions, first I want know if I could use one of my jars of each kind to spawn more jars? I am using brf/ver in my pints (really I used rye flour), I want to try to spawning grain, also wanted to use oats for the grain have tons of it. Do you think that it would work? From what I have read it appears that it would but I am a little confuse by some of what I have read. Also if you use jars to spawn other when do you have to start from spores again at some point or do you? I am going casing my jars this time in vermiculite and jiffy mix and maybe do some in horse dung/vermiculite. Now for a question about dung, I have horses and want to use their shit, in their stables I use kiln dried pine shaving. Do you think that the pine shavings would be a problem? I am not going to use the dung green I have lots that I have composted for my gardens. I have read the hardwood chips is good but could not find any thing about pine. So what do you think about the pine? Thanks for your time and any help or advice you can give me
Dequilo

e-mail hamcnyc@ziplip.com

--------------------
" I never thought freedom was cheap " Ralph (Sonny) Barger

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineajg2425
farmer

Re: looking for some advice from others [Re: johnnyburtal]
    #1142282 - 12/15/02 06:24 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

how did u get the allen to colonize that quickly? i have aobut 5 jars 2 for about 11days, 1 has about quarter size mycilum in it, and the others nothing

--------------------
http://www.erowid.org

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
    #1142284 - 12/15/02 06:24 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

why didnt you intially start with grain so you could spawn or make transfers to other jars. i believe you can do it with brf, to grain, but i do know that you would have to pc your grains. i think a transfer should work, but i think you would be better off starting just with the grain. play with your brf now, use it to experiment with your pine. by the time you move to the grain, you should have a better grasp of how everything works. its good to look ahead, but it seems you have too much that you want to do at once. tackle a project within a couple of days of each other not all at once.

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
    #1142285 - 12/15/02 06:25 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

I want know if I could use one of my jars of each kind to spawn more jars? I am using brf/ver in my pints (really I used rye flour), I want to try to spawning grain, also wanted to use oats for the grain have tons of it. Do you think that it would work?

With a proper sterile tek, yes most definately. This is typically called grain to grain transfers.

In reply to:

Do you think that the pine shavings would be a problem?

as far as being stuck to the poo? No. As far as using it as a substrate? Maybe, depends on the type of mushroom you are trying to culture

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Offlinejohnnyburtal
Stranger

Loc: NYC
Re: looking for some advice from others [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #1142419 - 12/15/02 07:45 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hello to all thanks for the reply as far as the allen's they indeed behind the others. At the four points of Inoculation I have growth of about the size of a half dollar at each point. On the other hand the creepers and PRs are growing like crazy, I am hoping the allens take off now that I have put them in an incubator. I did not start out with grain because all the stuff I read say that the tek for BRF/VERM. was the one that newbee should for the greatest chance not to fail. But I want to try to spawn quart jars of oat with one of my jars, and try to do grain and dung next time. Also this is my first grown so I am just looking ahead to new things, but thanks for advice I more then likely I am getting ahead of myself. Yes just wanted to know about the pine shaving stuck to the horse dung, really want to give it a try.

Thanks to all for the advice and would like say you all are a great bunch of folks.

Peace Dequilo

--------------------
" I never thought freedom was cheap " Ralph (Sonny) Barger

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation