Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

Cyans? and other recent finds - update: added more info/sporeprints
    #11419638 - 11/09/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

First, I'm pretty much sure that these guys are cyans, but I wanna get another ID first just in case :smile:

Oh, here we go:
They were found on a lawn ..gill color brownish with purple/darker spots..stipe length was small, about an inch ..it's white in color and appears to bruise quite noticably. Somewhat hollow. Caps are brownish colored with some variation, some look wavier than others do. They're obviously still alittle young. They have a distinct shroomy scent and the sporeprints are black looking.

And here are the rest of my recent finds - you can ID for your pleasure if you'd like but it is a number of mostly random species so that's up to you. Enjoy :smile:

These I found all bunched together on a lawn.

This one was growing on the side of a pretty steep cliff

This one was weird, it felt like a fungus and was red but it wasn't a mushroom, there was no stipe or anything.

Edited by Magick (11/09/09 03:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: Cyans? and other recent finds - update: added more info/sporeprints [Re: Magick]
    #11419991 - 11/09/09 03:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Those look like some abused Psilocybe cyanescens. The next pic after them appears to be Coprinus sp.

The third is probably Chlorophyllum sp.

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

Re: Cyans? and other recent finds - update: added more info/sporeprints [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11420019 - 11/09/09 04:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ya I was in a rush when I was pickin em, couldn't stay in that spot for more than like 2 minutes o.O

Also they're still obviously pretty young and I did handle them to see if they bruised ..interesting to note, some of them have holes in them which I assume is from some kind of insect.

Other than that what do you mean exactly?

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Cyans? and other recent finds - update: added more info/sporeprints [Re: Magick]
    #11420100 - 11/09/09 04:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I wasn't implying that you abused them, just that they appear like cyans that have gotten their asses kicked by something.

Hail, rain, wind, slugs, drying, water-logging, etc....

They just don't look quite right, but am almost positive that they are indeed P. cyanescens.

And, yes the holes are caused by insects. Won't hurt yout though, even if the bugs ares still present (which they shouldn't be by the time they are properly dried).

Nice finds, all of them!

Edited by Twiztidsage (11/09/09 04:16 PM)

InvisibleFondaCox
Ms.firstrecipientofaPMBanEVER
Female User Gallery

Loc: CanoooooooDIA
Re: Cyans? and other recent finds - update: added more info/sporeprints [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #11420194 - 11/09/09 04:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i believe this one is edible...

shaggy parasol?

don't have my books with me or the time to find it for you.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: Cyans? and other recent finds - update: added more info/sporeprints [Re: FondaCox]
    #11420222 - 11/09/09 04:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yup, it is likely Chlorophyllum rhacodes, or maybe C. procera...

Like Ms. Cox said, it's probably edible.

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

#11420331 - 11/09/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ah maybe it is :smile: Thanks thus far guys. I don't think I'm going to eat any of the misc finds, namely because they were mostly found in quite wooded areas and I just dnt wanna risk my life on em..but that's still cool!

And still I'd like a T.I. to try and confirm on the cyans just in case but I do trust your judgement Twiztidsage. Plus they look right to me, all the characteristics seem right.

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #11421423 - 11/09/09 07:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'd say more than likely.  I hate identifying immature mushrooms like those though.  Classic shapes are easier to recognize.  They didn't seem to blue very much either.

--------------------

InvisibleFondaCox
Female User Gallery

Re: Cyans? and other recent finds - update: added more info/sporeprints [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11421558 - 11/09/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

and the pictures are shite!

they look a little water logged.  not exactly prime specimens.

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
Re: Cyans? and other recent finds - update: added more info/sporeprints [Re: FondaCox]
    #11422536 - 11/09/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

fuck i'd take em.being skunked for cyans this year sucks as i watch every person and their dog findin em .

nice finds man.

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Trusted Identifier
Re: Cyans? and other recent finds - update: added more info/sporeprints [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #11423042 - 11/09/09 10:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Those are, indeed, cyans. :thumbup:

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

#11423458 - 11/09/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yea sorry bout the pic quality all I have is a crappy cameraphone. && okay thanks, as long as they won't kill me I'm all good lol :smile:

And I shoulda waited a little longer before pickin em but unfortunately the spot is quite public and if I hadn't gotten to em today, there's a very high chance they'd be gone tomorrow. Left some there anyways to grow and spread their spores as usual.

Think it was German Kahuna who was saying that all dark-spored mushrooms are nontoxic. While I haveta take such info with a grain of salt, I am assuming that even if these somehow weren't cyans that they wouldn't be poisonous.

InvisibleFondaCox
Female User Gallery

#11423495 - 11/09/09 11:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

white stalks are a tell tale sign...

like super white and beefy.

you can always dry them and wait for new fruits to come from the patch and make a more positive ID

but yeah, those look exactly like ones i find in the grass margins when they are older and have been rained on.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11423503 - 11/09/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

All black spored mushrooms are non-toxic.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #11423523 - 11/09/09 11:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

the sporeprints are black looking

that is not good enough for mushroom identification.

those mushrooms could not have had black spores, and i'm willing to bet they where purple-brown in person as they look in the pics.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

Re: Cyans? and other recent finds - update: added more info/sporeprints [Re: canid]
    #11423737 - 11/10/09 12:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah they are kind of purplish greyish brown ..though where the spores collect the most, they look quite black or really dark brown.

Hard to put a color on it tho heh.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #11423743 - 11/10/09 12:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

it can take getting used to.

i have had to take prints outside in the daylight before, or hold them up to the bathroom light to see better.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Trusted Identifier
Re: Cyans? and other recent finds - update: added more info/sporeprints [Re: canid]
    #11423788 - 11/10/09 12:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Its easier to discern the color of light spore deposits when it comes to dark colored spores. (On white paper)

Heavy deposit prints are good for discerning the color of light color prints. (On black paper)

Prints for storage are better taken on foil. Paper somehow shortens spore storage life.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

OfflineMagick
Thinker
 User Gallery

#11423832 - 11/10/09 01:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Huh thanks for the tips :smile: will remember that next time lol

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

#11423859 - 11/10/09 01:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nice way to put it Mr. Grimey.:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures