Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

Shroomhunter 101 DVD Giveaway.....
    #11419274 - 11/09/09 04:11 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

So I recently purchased the Trick or Treat Halloween special from Sporeworks. And within that amazing package was a DVD which I've seen before. It is the 'Shroomhunter 101 - Basic Identification" DVD. $21.99
Now, my idea for a contest is to make it fun. I am hoping to have a handful of prints to give away soon as well.

Now for my contest parameters::
Since this dvd is about "hunting" for mushrooms... I'd like you to tell me about the BEST hunt you've had (with pics if possible) or your WORST hunt you've had and why it was so bad.

Also, I am interested in seeing some of your guys setups (pics) But that is not needed for the contest.

Let the stories begin, I will choose a winner within the next 24 hours. Have fun guys!!!

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: Shroomhunter 101 DVD Giveaway..... [Re: Nuzzle]
    #11419317 - 11/09/09 04:16 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

i hate to  put this actually but my wife and i used to take our daughter out hunting. sounds bad but it was always fun and was something we all could do together. we didn't just look for fun ones but all of them sadist thing is our kid was the best at finding the fun ones. she is 12 now so a little old to do anymore but she still talks about it sometimes with use about how much fun it was to go out in nature and seeing how the life cycles of things worked. not much of a story but thought i would share. cool contest and hope to hear some real good stories

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Invisiblenachohippie
asshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: right around the corner Flag
Re: Shroomhunter 101 DVD Giveaway..... [Re: feelfunny]
    #11419374 - 11/09/09 04:24 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

havent had the chance to go out mush hunting yet

--------------------

send guns, money ,lawyers, and drugs its been a long night

everything i post is a lie im a pathological liar

OfflineDamnskippi
Rookie
Male

Loc: I dont remember anymore.....
    #11419378 - 11/09/09 04:24 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

Ironically I dont hunt for shrooms cause I have no skills in Identification lol...

Cool shit tho! 

Cant stop lovin this community.

ps. I have a feeling this thread is about to EXPLODE!

--------------------
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

Edited by Damnskippi (11/09/09 04:27 PM)

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11419399 - 11/09/09 04:27 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

feelfunny said:
i hate to  put this actually but my wife and i used to take our daughter out hunting. sounds bad but it was always fun and was something we all could do together. we didn't just look for fun ones but all of them sadist thing is our kid was the best at finding the fun ones. she is 12 now so a little old to do anymore but she still talks about it sometimes with use about how much fun it was to go out in nature and seeing how the life cycles of things worked. not much of a story but thought i would share. cool contest and hope to hear some real good stories

sorry i found some pics we took too. so i will put just for fun we found these great bright pink ones but you cant see the color in the pic:sad:

--------------------

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #11419465 - 11/09/09 04:37 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

havent been out huntin in a while
but this is what i found last time i went

death cap

bugs got this one

not sure what this one is

ringless honey mushroom

so yea pretty shitty hunt for me
and all my cube fields are empty:sad:

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

OfflineTaterCaboose
Somethings Fucky...

Re: Shroomhunter 101 DVD Giveaway..... [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #11419484 - 11/09/09 04:42 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

check out my morels...

definantly my best find (other than my maitake which i did not get to get a picture of...)

--------------------
:themoreyouknow:  :hank:

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomhunter 101 DVD Giveaway..... [Re: TaterCaboose]
    #11419485 - 11/09/09 04:43 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

very nice. wish i could find those out here

--------------------

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

#11419511 - 11/09/09 04:48 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

Very nice... Surprised ya found so many morels! That's a pretty decent find there

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

OfflineTaterCaboose
Somethings Fucky...

#11419530 - 11/09/09 04:51 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

Those were the biggest ones ive ever seen. the tastiest also =)

--------------------
:themoreyouknow:  :hank:

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #11419543 - 11/09/09 04:53 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

I love hunting mushrooms and is one of my favorite things to do, but ironically it was not a skill acquired from any elder or experienced hunter. I have yet to read any official literate on the subject, only talking to a few trusted sources and literally some random people in the forest are my only official sources of information. I have been hunting for 5 seasons now (I'm only 23).

Anyway, that's the background info. One late April day I was hiking a somewhat familiar trail. I was with my two best friends, and just started to really feel the 'heat' of the blotter we had just put on our tongues an hour or two before. I was a typical spring day; cool, breezy, and wet. Right when we had all the walking we could take, we sat down a log for a rest and couple hits of herb.

After I sat down the energy in the area shifted and felt very 'spongy' and just weird. I looked around and saw a type of mushroom I have never seen before. I picked it, and held it. It was the coolest mushroom I had ever seen and by far the coolest to play with. I just got an instinctual 'vibe' that these mushrooms were meant to be collected.

So after that point, my friends and started collection all the mushrooms we could find. I swear on my life, we could find these things blind folded. We literally were finding these things like crazy. We would walk into an area, not even look at the ground, only using our intuition and instincts, we would walk literally right into monster patches of these mushrooms. Ironically, my great uncle had just died a week or two before who was also ironically a mushrooms hunter. I didn't even know he was hunter while he was alive. So the I was thinking about my uncle, and just trying to just focus and finding all the mushrooms I could. I had no intentions on eating them, but these mushrooms just seemed mysterious.

We continued to hunt and ran into some other mushroom hunters in the woods. I just remember this guy having the neon blue eyes. It was like blue LED lights shining beams at me. Nice guy though. They were also out hunting for mushrooms. They said they were having trouble find any and wanted to see what we had. I didn't even know what species, they were let alone if they were edible. We just liked their energy, and sponginess. The guy turned out to be a very experienced hunter and couldn't believe out many we found. He ended up giving up plastic sacks to put all them in cause we had over 10lbs of these things. I asked him what they were and he told me they were Morels and only came up a couple weeks out of the year. I couldn't believe what I had found. I gave him at least 5lbs of them. He was shocked, as no one had given him 5lbs of mushrooms that could have been sold for $30 a lb. I was just grateful for the information and company.

So that was the first spring I hunted mushrooms. I haven't missed a season since. I have never found actives, as they are very rare around here. But I would love to expand on the hobby to other types of mushrooms. It's just hard to hunt harder species because the risk goes way up. A blind man can identify a morel just by holding it. No less, mushrooms hunting is one of my favorite things to do, and something I would never have ever done successfully had we not taken LSD that day and act like animals and heathens. :hehehe:

FYI, to this day I have yet to find the amount of mushrooms I did on LSD. I believe without a doubt, LSD gave me the necessary knowledge and experience to become a real mushrooms hunter. Anyway, that's my story on how I started hunting mushrooms. It will be hobby for rest of my life, and something I will know more about by the time I can pass knowledge to my kids. An old timer once told me I was hunting with (I tend to find a lot random people to hunt with in the forest) that told me once the old hands die with this knowledge, it's gone forever. He believed that identifying and learning what is it be a true mushrooms hunter couldn't be learned in a book. If the old hands don't pass the information on, a unique methodology of finding the mushrooms also dies. So, he spent the day with me, showing more tricks of the trade which I am eternally grateful. I here of people that can go into a woods no matter what time of year it is and come out with a bag mushrooms to eat for dinner that are all 100% identified. I want to be someone like that some day.

--

These pics were from a shitty hunt in '07. Here the weather has been crap for the last 2 years...terrible mushroom season last two years. I years past I have found morels the size of 2 liter bottles. Unfortunately my life is a like a Buddhist sound sculpture, and I never take picture of the cool shit. I only have the images in my memory. Best hunt the story I told above and brought home over 10lbs and gave away at least half of what we found. I could have easily made $400-$500 dollars had I known any better. Tripping on LSD I have a tendency to loose sight of the value of material things.

Edited by daytripper05 (11/09/09 05:03 PM)

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomhunter 101 DVD Giveaway..... [Re: daytripper05]
    #11419869 - 11/09/09 05:38 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

Very cool story! Can't wait to read more from other hunters.
Awesome pics btw too

--------------------

OfflineSomnivore7
Psychonaut

#11419938 - 11/09/09 05:48 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

When I was younger me my girlfriend and my friend Mike found out that you could make amanita tea to get high. Being young dumb and full of cum we decided to uproot Some in the neighbors yard. We filled an entire box full and headed to my moms house to attempt to make some fly agaric tea hoping that we would be rocketed into some crazy introspective wonderland....

We throw out the amanitas that we noticed that had maggots and finished brewing our tea. We go to my ex's and we all start drinking the tea. IT was horrendous, unlike normal mushroom tea whch comes out clearish and semi flavorous, this brew came out thick, oily, and tasting like an edible mushroom usually does, but it liquid form.

We finish it and the first thing I do is projectile vomit onto my ex's dads window but hey, I got some i nthe sink. I have never projectile vomited before then and I scared the shit out of myself. My ex runs to the bathroom and pukes her guts out for a while. Mike, like a sav, Keeps that shit down.

So we all decide to hang out in the room the rest of the night a bit annoyed and not high at all. Mike acted a little odd, people kept calling his name apparently and hed jump up and be like "who said that" "who said my name" the entire night.

Fun!

As for my best,

I was hunting every day for a good 15-20 days with no luck, trying every park and not looking in the right spots. (I was a bad hunter back in the day) I was ready to give up hunting and as I was crossing through my neighbors yard to get to my place I look down and bam! 4 ounces. I was elated.

I had a blast me and 3 friends split it. My ex got so high that she peed herself.

--------------------
No one ever becomes what others thought they should have been.

OfflineSinoc
Jugglin' fool

Re: Shroomhunter 101 DVD Giveaway..... [Re: Somnivore7]
    #11419953 - 11/09/09 05:50 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

Never been hunting.....

But, I am attempting to make a cake in a shot glass right now.  Heh.

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #11419956 - 11/09/09 05:50 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

The best part about mushroom hunting is you can be an old farmer type, or a family man with a trail of kids and a prego wife behind him hunting, or a rough cut guy with dreadlocks (me) can all get along and no one treats anyone any different. Hunting mushrooms brings people together and good peaceful bonds can be made. I have never ran into people I didn't enjoy talking to while hunting mushrooms. Plus it's still a very primal act which bring the best out in people.

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomhunter 101 DVD Giveaway..... [Re: daytripper05]
    #11420951 - 11/09/09 08:22 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

Wow, ok I guess no one is into this as much as I thought they would. :wink:

I'll have to think about who wins the dvd. Thanks to those for who participated. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineSinoc
Jugglin' fool

#11420998 - 11/09/09 08:28 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Nuzzle said:
Wow, ok I guess no one is into this as much as I thought they would. :wink:

I'll have to think about who wins the dvd. Thanks to those for who participated. :smile:

I hope its me.  :laugh:

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomhunter 101 DVD Giveaway..... [Re: Sinoc]
    #11421990 - 11/09/09 10:27 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

last bump for the night...

--------------------

Offlineglobejs
lollygagger
 User Gallery

#11422259 - 11/09/09 10:55 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

Well, This was one of my best hunts ever. These goodies were located in the deep dark forest and were closely guarded by an ancient salamander who I met while he tended to his pins. I promptly pulled my scissors out when he gave me permission to harvest. After gathering the haul, my friend and I went to a hotel to stay the night. It was at this point that an inebriated  gentleman stumbled into our room and asked if we wanted to buy any "cid" a.k.a. acid, but being in our own psilocybin-induced world, we politely refused and continued our journey. Best night of my life by far.

--------------------

NEWT TESTED, NEWT APPROVED.

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: Shroomhunter 101 DVD Giveaway..... [Re: globejs]
    #11422325 - 11/09/09 11:03 PM (8 years, 14 days ago)

that first pic is sweet
it looks like he is guarding them

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation