Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAcidEiffel
Stranger
Male
Loc: Belgium
Current jar projects with BRF etc
    #11418246 - 11/09/09 01:46 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Hi,

it's been a while since i posted something. Because I couldn't succeed very well i gave it all up a few months ago, but recently i started retrying, and with success.

At the moment i have three verm/brf jars fruiting. They have already fruited once, i misted them lightly and now a few new pins show up. Because of the success, I cooked up some new BRF jars from which i had to toss a few already because of a bad syringe (i prepared it myself). Only green mold showed up, and no myc.
The other syringe i used had been prepared from another (perhaps more sterile) print, and with demineralised water. I can recommend this. I prepare my syringes in a cardboard box with a plexi lid on top and rubber gloves through the sides.
Also, i still do not have a PC to my access, so I just cook them for an hour in a regular pot, let them cool down and cook them again after 24h. With this method, I have had no contams at all (well I had some but they were obviously caused by the syringe, regarding the location). Another recommendation, however probably not preferable.
As I type, three jars with verm/brf/coffee are boiling for the first time. These will be inoculated with the good syringe i used earlier, but it is almost empty.
I hope this will work out well, I will try to keep you updated.

I'd like to hear some comments from you about the methods I described.

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Current jar projects with BRF etc [Re: AcidEiffel]
    #11418258 - 11/09/09 01:48 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I would recommend that instead of using coffee use gypsum 1 tablespoon per 5 jars. Also if your steaming the jars in a pot do it for 90 minutes. Also Dunk and rol the cakes.

Theres no need to steam them for an hour and let them cool down them steam them again. Just steam them for 90 minutes and let them cool down in the pot overnight and innoc.

Edited by Shea25 (11/09/09 01:51 PM)

OfflineAcidEiffel
Stranger
Male
Loc: Belgium
Re: Current jar projects with BRF etc [Re: Shea25]
    #11424475 - 11/10/09 09:10 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Ok thanks for that info. Well the jars have been prepared already but i'll keep the gypsum in mind for next time.
Anyone else with some ideas on my way of working?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation