Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Ayahuasca, Incense, Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFlyingDutchman
Professional slacker
Male

Loc: Netherlands
'Returning' patterns, familiar to anyone?
    #11418238 - 11/09/09 01:44 PM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Hey there,
as a start I would like to thank the people of this community for being great =),
lots of good stories and knowledge to be found!

I'm posting this because as the title suggests I have been seeing
patterns in my last DMT trips that I am quite sure I have seen before with DMT.
I'm not sure if I need to let go more when I'm smoking my spice,
or that it's the dose I am taking, but I would like to see more
creations of this substance, more mindblowing than recognising what I see..

Before one asks, I have not done DMT very often, and when I do I tend to smoke 2 times an evening,
leaving an hour+ between the 2 trips.
I then wait at least a week before taking it again.

I use a home-made 'machine', made with a glass bottle and steel wool,
load about 50mg as a dose, but wondering if I am really getting everything vaporised,
as I read about more mindblowing experiences with amounts of 30mg.
The crystals are as clear as I can get them, with no yellow in it..

It's not that I don't enjoy the visuals presented, they are beautiful,
but I never seem to 'break' past just seeing a pattern,
and have never experienced anything like a 'room', or entity..
Some trips also look less 'present' as others, with which I mean that
sometimes the visuals are VERY bright and thus present, where other times
it is pretty subtle, and sometimes even hard to see the visuals..

Anyone else who has the same thing, or at least some of their trips?
My first guess was that that I am not always inhaling the vapors
with maximum effectiveness, but as I never clean my pipe,
I would guess that I am smoking more than weighted every time,
which should be well enough for an exteme experience..

Thanks in advance for anyone sharing their thoughts =),
FlyingDutchman.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

Re: 'Returning' patterns, familiar to anyone? [Re: FlyingDutchman]
    #11418538 - 11/09/09 02:27 PM (8 years, 11 days ago)

the machine isn't as good as it's cracked up to be in my experience.  i've had difficulties with it as well.

Offlinemataylor
Traveler

Loc: my/your mind
Re: 'Returning' patterns, familiar to anyone? [Re: thatiAM]
    #11418853 - 11/09/09 03:05 PM (8 years, 11 days ago)

try using a large crack pipe/"oil burner."  I had the same problem for a while until I asked somewhat of a DMT veteran for some advice on breaking through. Here is how he showed me to do it (btw, it fucking works. haha):

go to a head shop or whatever. ask for an incense or oil burner (crack pipe)

Load a hefty pile of the powder in the crack pipe. When i say 'hefty,' i mean load a decent amount more than you anticipate actually being able to smoke (any excess will solidify in the pipe for next time, so dont worry about using too much).

use MATCHES to liquefy the DMT powder into a small puddle in the pipe. matches burn at a lower temp than lighters and are better at maintaining a vapor and not burning the crystal. 

light another match. Slowly roll the pipe between your fingers and watch the puddle as you bring the match to the pipe; put your mouth to the pipe, and inhale deeply and slowly as you see vapors.

hold the inhale for as long as is comfortable

light another match, and repeat until you cant see what your lighting anymore

if you want to break through; make sure to 1) keep the pipe from getting to hot (like keep the match moving too), 2) take inhales as long/slow and deep as possible, 3) hold the inhale for at least 10sec or so, and 4) just keep hitting it until you physically cannot. (i usually am already lying down on a bed or have someone there to just grab the pipe from me)

happy journeys, you're in for a fucking ride

--------------------
Dont take my demons away, my angels may flee too.

fuck it dude, lets go bowling.

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: 'Returning' patterns, familiar to anyone? [Re: mataylor]
    #11418961 - 11/09/09 03:22 PM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

mataylor said:
try using a large crack pipe/"oil burner."  I had the same problem for a while until I asked somewhat of a DMT veteran for some advice on breaking through. Here is how he showed me to do it (btw, it fucking works. haha):

go to a head shop or whatever. ask for an incense or oil burner (crack pipe)

Load a hefty pile of the powder in the crack pipe. When i say 'hefty,' i mean load a decent amount more than you anticipate actually being able to smoke (any excess will solidify in the pipe for next time, so dont worry about using too much).

use MATCHES to liquefy the DMT powder into a small puddle in the pipe. matches burn at a lower temp than lighters and are better at maintaining a vapor and not burning the crystal. 

light another match. Slowly roll the pipe between your fingers and watch the puddle as you bring the match to the pipe; put your mouth to the pipe, and inhale deeply and slowly as you see vapors.

hold the inhale for as long as is comfortable

light another match, and repeat until you cant see what your lighting anymore

if you want to break through; make sure to 1) keep the pipe from getting to hot (like keep the match moving too), 2) take inhales as long/slow and deep as possible, 3) hold the inhale for at least 10sec or so, and 4) just keep hitting it until you physically cannot. (i usually am already lying down on a bed or have someone there to just grab the pipe from me)

happy journeys, you're in for a fucking ride

Good method, though oil pipes unless water filtered or very long don't cool the vapor enough to be comfy on the lungs, plus I like changa and that really doesn't work in an oil pipe. Personally a small 8 inch to 1 foot bong does the trick everytime.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

OfflineThePharmahuasquero
Male

#11419542 - 11/09/09 04:53 PM (8 years, 11 days ago)

I know exactly what you mean.

My first few times I had the same thing happen, though my visuals wasn't repeating. They would be different every time.

But sometimes they would be very faint and hard to see, and other times they would be very defined and would take over me.

But I would never have a break through.

I have never used the machine, but the idea of it... I just don't like it.
But I'm still searching for a better pipe myself. Right now I just kinda craft my own, and they get me to the right spot.. but... I'm not satisified with it. LOL! I keep having to make them each time.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
- Terence McKenna

Disclaimer: Anything said under this internet alias is completely fictional and not to be taken seriously.

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: 'Returning' patterns, familiar to anyone? [Re: ThePharmahuasquero]
    #11420011 - 11/09/09 06:01 PM (8 years, 11 days ago)

dont smoke it then. make ayahuasca.

--------------------

OfflineFlyingDutchman
Professional slacker
Male

Re: 'Returning' patterns, familiar to anyone? [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11420177 - 11/09/09 06:27 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

whatdidusay said:
dont smoke it then. make ayahuasca.

I am unfamiliar with taking DMT orally, but the short duration of vaporising is something I am fond of,
and I am not sure how much I would like the purging involved in ayahuasca..

About the crack-pipe someone mentioned, I have actually tried one of those
the first two times I tried DMT, both times unsuccesful..
The time it takes to really vaporise all the crystals really is a lot,
the drop of liquid DMT 'fleeing' from the flame, etc.
If I just throw in more DMT than required it would take even longer to vape, heating the air in the pipe alot, which is quire harsh!

I was happily surprised my Machine got me my first real trip,
but as of now my tries have been abit unstable as written before..
But still, I couldn't get myself tripping with a crack-pipe and I'm pretty
sure this is both easier and less harsh.

Maybe my lack of experience using this kind of pipe paired with my not-so-optimal lung capacity,
but I still feel I am taking enough hits to get at least 75% of the DMT inside the steel wool, meaning 30+mg the least..

Btw, ThePharmahuasquero, what is it in the Machine that you don't like?
It's really cool vapor if your bottle isn't too small ( 0.250L one here ),
and the steel wool does a great job at spreading the warmth around all
of your spice..

OnlineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male

Loc: Samsara
    #11420430 - 11/09/09 07:08 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

I also know exactly what you mean.  Sometimes the "apparentness" of the CEV's are due to dose, but more often than not, due to the ambient light in the room.  I find brighter is better.

A well and evenly lit room helps transilluminate your eyelids and will very materially improve the visibility of CEV's.  TRY IT and SEE - literally!!!

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineThePharmahuasquero
Male

Re: 'Returning' patterns, familiar to anyone? [Re: Nature Boy]
    #11420708 - 11/09/09 07:49 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Ya know, I have considered this as well.

I noticed in Vipassana Meditation that if I was in a decently lit room, the state would be easier for me to achieve and I could "see" so much better and easier.

And that is also when I had the best visuals, was in my living room with natural sun light coming through the window instead of my bedroom, which is a bit darker from the blinds.

And I haven't exactly tried The Machine. I just wonder about it's... I don't know... actual use.. What kind of bottle? How do you get the "hole"? You heat the neck of the bottle instead of the actual wool?

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
- Terence McKenna

Disclaimer: Anything said under this internet alias is completely fictional and not to be taken seriously.

OfflineFlyingDutchman
Professional slacker
Male

#11421095 - 11/09/09 08:43 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

ThePharmahuasquero said:
Ya know, I have considered this as well.

I noticed in Vipassana Meditation that if I was in a decently lit room, the state would be easier for me to achieve and I could "see" so much better and easier.

And that is also when I had the best visuals, was in my living room with natural sun light coming through the window instead of my bedroom, which is a bit darker from the blinds.

And I haven't exactly tried The Machine. I just wonder about it's... I don't know... actual use.. What kind of bottle? How do you get the "hole"? You heat the neck of the bottle instead of the actual wool?

I made the hole in the bottom with a light hammer, using a mini-screwdriver
sort of like a chisel. Lots of gentle ticks to weaken a certain area, so I could 'thump' a small round hole out..
My bottle had a small round surface, with the perfect size for a hole,
so I could use the edges of that surface to 'chisel' around.
Pardon my sloppy English, really a Dutchman typing here =).
I think a small drill would be a lot less hassle though.
Guess you should flush a load of water through your pipe prior to using it,
to make damn sure no glass dust is in there!

Using the thing is easy, just heat the neck ( with the steel wool in it )
gently until the wool feels warm, just enough to let it melt the DMT that you put on it.
Direct heating of the wool is overkill / risky as the temperature required to vaporise DMT lies quite low.
When the spice is all in the wool you can hold a lighter in front of the neck ( hole ) and start sucking;
You will suck the heat of the flame through the wool to vape it all.
Takes some practice but at some point you'll know how close to hold your lighter, etc..
Hold it too close and the flame touches the wool which will generally overheat / burn the DMT ( which is harsh, and not to forget, a waste ),
hold it too far away and you will have trouble getting all of the DMT vaporised within the effective timespan.

Btw a picture of my pipe;

The bottle used is a 250ml one, pretty small.

Edit:
forgot to mention I will certainly try to trip in a better lid room next time, thanks for the input!
Reading this I recall one of the brightest trips, as in visuals, was the time that my mate
turned the light on to prepare the machine for his trip..!
So I guess that and a slightly more 'heroic' dose will be worth a try =).

Edited by FlyingDutchman (11/09/09 08:48 PM)

Offlinemataylor
Traveler

Loc: my/your mind
    #11435684 - 11/11/09 08:33 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

personally, i think it takes a lot more effort to maintain a cool-enough temperature for vaporization with "the machine." maybe its just me but i find a pretty large 'oil burner' or changa in a small bong easier to get a breakthrough dose.

--------------------
Dont take my demons away, my angels may flee too.

fuck it dude, lets go bowling.

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: 'Returning' patterns, familiar to anyone? [Re: mataylor]
    #11436997 - 11/11/09 11:00 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

I weigh my spice out every single time. I always know what my dose is. I know exactly what it is...... or at least what I loaded in the bong. I use a 12" bong. I load a small amount of parsley in the bowl first. A very small amount, just enough to keep the spice from falling down into the stem of the bong. Next I add my spice. I then place some more parsley on top of the spice. Cover the spice completely with the parsley. Put NO water in the bong. Get yourself in a relaxed position. Exhale all the air in your lungs. Slowly toke and light the bong don't just apply the flame to it, warm it first then gradually add more and more heat and flame until it lights and just continue to toke. Clear the chamber of all smoke.... Get it all in there and hold on. I NEVER have to take a second hit using this method. If I choose to load enough in the bong to break through, my tek allows me to break through every single time. 30mg is the magic amount for me. 20mg is just good CEV lay back and groove. 30mg is the shit. OEV absolutely magical, a complete breakdown of reality. 40mg is a coin toss, the experience could be an extra fun 30mg or it could be a 50mg that doesn't actually make me swear off smoking DMT for a while. 50mg properly vaped in one big toke is not what I consider enjoyable. I do it from time to time, I'm not sure why,lol....... .    . .        .. . . . .  Fuck the Machine, Fuck the meth pipe. The bong method is tried and true every single time. If you have the money I recommend getting a glass vapor genie, that reigns supreme!

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

OnlineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male

Loc: Samsara
Re: 'Returning' patterns, familiar to anyone? [Re: Ice House Shaman]
    #11438772 - 11/12/09 06:45 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Whatever works for you is good.

Advantages of an oil pipe are many:
Cheap.
Can be used for DMT only - so no "accidents".
Portable.
See-through (for proper estimation of dosage).
Works well with minimal practice.
Easily cleaned.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Ayahuasca, Incense, Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience