Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Probiotics

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Fuck, looks like the flu found me
    #11416406 - 11/09/09 04:33 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

God damnit. I wasn't able to get a flu shot in time. Last night I went down to go to this German wild game feast with Newbie and some of his friends. That's another post though. Anyway, I'm trying crash on Newbie's couch and I start to feel like shit. I had cold chills, joint/muscle aches, bad congestion and a sore throat... but it was cold, I have arthritis, and I'm allergic to some cats so I didn't think much of it. Woke up this morning with a slight headache and I was really stuffy... Really just felt like allergy related issues. Although Newbie was congested as fuck today too and he said he had a headache. Maybe those Germans fed us the flu :strokebeard: Or maybe the wild boar they fed us had swine flu in it :strokebeard::strokebeard::strokebeard:

On the drive back to my place I was still congested and fatigued. I got home around 1:30 today. Around 10pm I started to feel like I was having a severe arthritis flare up. Now it's 4am, I can't sleep, I have cold chills and hot flashes, I'm sweating, congested, throat hurts, muscles are tense and cramp up randomly, joints are killing me, hands are on fire... fuck this sucks.

The shittiest part? I have a mammalian physiology test tomorrow over  circulatory, respiratory, renal, and digestive systems... in other words, a really fucking hard test that covers a ton of material. I went ahead and emailed the professor around 11pm and told her that I think I might have the flu and might not be able to take the test. She's a cool lady so she'll understand, but the make up is at the end of the semester and it's 100% essay and that is craptastic.

I took naproxen, asprin, and mucinex and I'm feeling well enough to be typing this out, but that doesn't mean much, still feel like shit.

All this could have been avoided if the people at my college's health center weren't incompetent fucktards that didn't order enough vaccinations for the people that really needed them. Ugh. I'm probably going to be out of commission for a week... And I have a test and my first day of work on Friday. :kingcrankey:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Fuck, looks like the flu found me [Re: Gumby]
    #11416451 - 11/09/09 04:51 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

:whitespy:  :blackspy:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #11416618 - 11/09/09 05:41 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

:snowman::thumbup:

Good Times are HERE again!

Good Luck with being raped by the Pig Flu:voila:
Gonna need some MAGIC!

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (11/09/09 11:31 AM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #11416654 - 11/09/09 05:52 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Again, in case there is any confusion.
I'm overjoyed by your sickness.

In a FUN! and jovial way of course. :awebig:

--------------------

InvisibleNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Suburbia Flag
    #11416705 - 11/09/09 06:15 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

That sucks dude!  I already had my flu a few weeks ago.  I was stuffy from the kittens and my head hurt from the Coors. :lol:  I bet it's hunter Hansel's fault.  :rofl:

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #11416722 - 11/09/09 06:23 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

I got swine flu a few weeks ago.  Glad that shit's over with.  Hope ya feel better soon, Gumby!  Drink lots of OJ and make some ganja edibles to get you through the days!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: Rainman, Spider Jump

Loc: Sol III / Solar Circuit
    #11417192 - 11/09/09 09:42 AM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Gute Besserung. You'll get through it fine. :peace:

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz

#11417265 - 11/09/09 10:11 AM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
God damnit. I wasn't able to get a flu shot in time.

:what:

You lost me there, Gumby. I actually :ilold: when I read that...

Instead of blaming it on the "omgthankyouallahforthismiracleflushot" not being available you may want to consider the real culprit is your ill cared for immune system which is evidently lacking what it needs. Food is the only medicine you need to prevent illness.

Come on Gumby. The flu can easily be prevented when you take care of your body. Put the cigs down too.

At any rate I hope you feel better. :sorry:

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Fuck, looks like the flu found me [Re: dr_gonz]
    #11417460 - 11/09/09 11:14 AM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Flu happens.

:seriousbusiness: (but with a runny nose, and maybe a handkerchief in his fist)

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (11/09/09 11:16 AM)

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11417969 - 11/09/09 12:59 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
Quote:

Gumby said:
God damnit. I wasn't able to get a flu shot in time.

:what:

You lost me there, Gumby. I actually :ilold: when I read that...

Instead of blaming it on the "omgthankyouallahforthismiracleflushot" not being available you may want to consider the real culprit is your ill cared for immune system which is evidently lacking what it needs.

No, the real culprit is that I have to take medication that suppresses my immune system to keep the rheumatoid arthritis under control. I'm in the "high-risk" for the flu group due to that.

Invisibledr_gonz

#11417986 - 11/09/09 01:01 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

ok, so that makes it even MORE important to fill your body with fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains, and probiotic foods.

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11418260 - 11/09/09 01:48 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Yeah I agree. I have no groceries right now either. Fuck I don't want to have to go to the store feeling like this.

On a seperate note, I just went into campus health services and I told the receptionist that I thought I had bad cold or the flu and she immediately told me I need to leave the office and call the number on the front door. So I called and talked to a doctor. He thinks it could be the flu because of the symptoms and quickness of onset, regardless of the fact that I don't have a fever yet. He said I'm going to have to come in at 3:30 when most of the people are out of the office and I'll have to wear a mask. They have to let the room decontaminate for 8 hours after a suspected flu case so thats why they pushed me back to the end of the day. He said that since I'm immunosurpressed that he may give me Tamiflu. I'm cool with that as long as it's gonna make me feel less like death.

The 3/4 mile walk back there is going to suck my balls. :frown:

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
    #11418306 - 11/09/09 01:56 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Shit sux Gumby.

Sorry brah.

:flowers:

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

#11418355 - 11/09/09 02:04 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
God damnit. I wasn't able to get a flu shot in time. Last night I went down to go to this German wild game feast with Newbie and some of his friends. That's another post though. Anyway, I'm trying crash on Newbie's couch and I start to feel like shit. I had cold chills, joint/muscle aches, bad congestion and a sore throat... but it was cold, I have arthritis, and I'm allergic to some cats so I didn't think much of it. Woke up this morning with a slight headache and I was really stuffy... Really just felt like allergy related issues. Although Newbie was congested as fuck today too and he said he had a headache. Maybe those Germans fed us the flu :strokebeard: Or maybe the wild boar they fed us had swine flu in it :strokebeard::strokebeard::strokebeard:

On the drive back to my place I was still congested and fatigued. I got home around 1:30 today. Around 10pm I started to feel like I was having a severe arthritis flare up. Now it's 4am, I can't sleep, I have cold chills and hot flashes, I'm sweating, congested, throat hurts, muscles are tense and cramp up randomly, joints are killing me, hands are on fire... fuck this sucks.

The shittiest part? I have a mammalian physiology test tomorrow over  circulatory, respiratory, renal, and digestive systems... in other words, a really fucking hard test that covers a ton of material. I went ahead and emailed the professor around 11pm and told her that I think I might have the flu and might not be able to take the test. She's a cool lady so she'll understand, but the make up is at the end of the semester and it's 100% essay and that is craptastic.

I took naproxen, asprin, and mucinex and I'm feeling well enough to be typing this out, but that doesn't mean much, still feel like shit.

All this could have been avoided if the people at my college's health center weren't incompetent fucktards that didn't order enough vaccinations for the people that really needed them. Ugh. I'm probably going to be out of commission for a week... And I have a test and my first day of work on Friday. :kingcrankey:

your a danger to society and should be executed :smirk:

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: Rainman, Spider Jump

Loc: Sol III / Solar Circuit
Re: Fuck, looks like the flu found me [Re: Life Upon Death]
    #11418399 - 11/09/09 02:10 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

I already caught a flu this season, fortunately it was on the lighter side, regardless though I stayed in bed for a week. The move up here from warm Florida to cold Jersey really took a toll on me. Now I'm ready for winter!  :paladin:

--------------------

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: Fuck, looks like the flu found me [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #11418410 - 11/09/09 02:11 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

If I caught the flu I'd do what I did last time I had it.

I went to walgreens and coughed on all the "as seen on tv" merchandise.

--------------------
CLICKY!!!
!
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:
http://superftmn.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11418431 - 11/09/09 02:14 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Bummer you gotta walk to the clinic.  Take a cab?  It's probably worth the $10 when you feel like shit.

Our campus health service is RETARDED.

Last time I went in there I suspected I'd gotten frostbite on my hand (totally did, winters suck now), had to wait 45 minutes after my appointment to see somebody, walked into the office, and the woman googles frostbite.  I was irate.  It wasn't even WebMD, just google.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#11419179 - 11/09/09 03:56 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Wait..........with all the crying and bitching you have done about people not getting a flu shot

and you haven't gotten yours yet :facepalm:

that is lame as fuck man :shake:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineSolemente
Male

Re: Fuck, looks like the flu found me [Re: niteowl]
    #11419189 - 11/09/09 03:58 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

:haha:

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11419206 - 11/09/09 04:00 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:

Gumby, for a rapid road to recovery:
-Buy and use Zicam
-Take 1000mg of vitamin C daily
-Drink tons of fluids

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Probiotics

Community >> The Pub