Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Loc: The Earth
Preparing to take the mushrooms
    #11415789 - 11/09/09 02:27 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

(mushroom category) when im in the right mental frame of mind, and i buy the bag and spores, then i could make all this happen.  what should i do before?  meditate and fast for a few weeks? theres got to be some mantra or chanting or something.  i want to know what i can take with me on the experience.  plenty of food, toys, cellphone, guitar, water, bed, computer, perhaps cannabis, a fan, plenty of lighters and a light in the room, clothes, backpack, anything else i should take while on the mushroom?  stay at home, windows closed.  at night around 2-4am dim lighting.  facing west cross legged listening to silence.  music is available on youtube of course.  if internet crashs and silence becomes loud my guitar is here.  if i break all the strings then i can sing.  what else should i do before and during the experience?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Preparing to take the mushrooms [Re: mama]
    #11415799 - 11/09/09 02:29 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Are you on some kind of drug already?
Do whatever you want, there's nothing that we could tell you that would be good, because honestly shroom trips are different for everyone. Just do whatever the hell you feel like. Also, I'd say take them at like 10PM, that way you aren't awake until 10AM the next morning...

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Re: Preparing to take the mushrooms [Re: Anthony917]
    #11415833 - 11/09/09 02:34 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

cool thanks for responding so quick.  no i dont take drugs really.  except for one which im legally allowed to use, cannabis.  i use it for legal purposes medically.  other than that im sober.  and when i use cannabis i feel sober because now its just medicine.  i dont get high and talk to aliens or anything psychedelic with it, which makes me more concerned if a person seems to be talking to aliens when someone smoked something as benign as cannabis, but then again maybe they would have something mentally wrong with them and the talking to aliens might be they have schizophrenia and in fact its not the drug at all. 

do u consider cannabis a drug?  i do.  a drug as in medicine, drugs.  you know pharmacudical drugs, drugs as in medicine not as in recreation

and lastly for the moment what are those beautiful mushrooms you have for your avatar.  thanks for letting me post and for your response so quick.

Edited by mama (11/09/09 02:36 AM)

Invisibledrainhaven
Awake
 User Gallery

Loc: SouthernMan
Re: Preparing to take the mushrooms [Re: Anthony917]
    #11415846 - 11/09/09 02:36 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

If you get to do any three of those things on a heavy trip then you are a bad man. I usually wont know how to flip my phone much less figure out how to sit west AND cross my legs.

Seriously dont stress too much on planning it out, it won't go as planned anyway.
Set and setting before activities.

Edited by drainhaven (11/09/09 02:37 AM)

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
    #11415869 - 11/09/09 02:39 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Before the experience, almost nothing has to be done. Sometimes I like to fast for like 12-24 hours before the trip, but that is just to make the mushrooms digest faster and whatnot. It seems to me like you are taking the "set" way too seriously. I think of mindset as what you plan to get out of the trip and how you are feeling just before the trip. If there is a death in the family or some other stressful event, you probably wouldn't want to trip, but you don't need to be in a perfect meditative state of mind to have a great trip. If you plan to meditate during the trip, you may want to meditate daily to practice (and because meditation rocks), but its not like a lack of pre-meditation will fuck up your trip.

As for setting, make sure you have something to do besides music for the whole trip, I get really antsy when all I have to do is listen to music. Definately don't rely on youtube for your music unless you have to. It will be much better to use an ipod/mp3 player for portability. The guitar is a great idea. Water is a must. Some fun toys are glow sticks, also candles if you trust yourself not to burn your house down. Weed is a necessity, just make sure you don't smoke too much. Cell phone should be off, only turn it on if a call is necessary. If you smoke, cigarrettes are very fun when tripping. Guitar is a great idea. I also definately recommend that you go outside at some point. If its 2-4am, not too many people will be out and about and you will be able to enjoy the outdoors. One of my favorite places to trip was my back yard/porch when I lived at my parents house. Sitting out in the night air staring at the sky (smoking a joint?), listening to music and thinking about life is an awesome experience.

I also recommend a tripping buddy, group philosophy talks are total mindfucks.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overly was very profound." - Ram Das

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Re: Preparing to take the mushrooms [Re: drainhaven]
    #11415874 - 11/09/09 02:40 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

drainhaven said:
If you get to do any three of things on a heavy trip then you are a bad man. I usually wont know how to flip my phone much less figure out how to sit west AND cross my legs.

Seriously dont stress too much on planning it won't go as planned anyway.
Set and setting before activities.

thanks for responding, wont go as planned as in life happens even at the late hours such as 2-4am?

so might be best to turn off the phone as well as the computer.  and will i be hungry?

what obsticals can i prevent suffering from that can be addressed now early before taking. 

like will i be hungry so will i need food.  will light be too bright, should i switch all lights to dim bulbs, will i get cold so there for should i have more blankets, those kinds of questions, thanks for letting me post

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Re: Preparing to take the mushrooms [Re: drainhaven]
    #11415884 - 11/09/09 02:41 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

bad man as in?  bad in a good way? "If you get to do any three of those things on a heavy trip then you are a bad man. I usually wont know how to flip my phone much less figure out how to sit west AND cross my legs.

Seriously dont stress too much on planning it out, it won't go as planned anyway.
Set and setting before activities. "

Edited by mama (11/09/09 02:42 AM)

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Re: Preparing to take the mushrooms [Re: teeter]
    #11415909 - 11/09/09 02:46 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

teeter said:
Before the experience, almost nothing has to be done. Sometimes I like to fast for like 12-24 hours before the trip, but that is just to make the mushrooms digest faster and whatnot. It seems to me like you are taking the "set" way too seriously. I think of mindset as what you plan to get out of the trip and how you are feeling just before the trip. If there is a death in the family or some other stressful event, you probably wouldn't want to trip, but you don't need to be in a perfect meditative state of mind to have a great trip. If you plan to meditate during the trip, you may want to meditate daily to practice (and because meditation rocks), but its not like a lack of pre-meditation will fuck up your trip.

As for setting, make sure you have something to do besides music for the whole trip, I get really antsy when all I have to do is listen to music. Definately don't rely on youtube for your music unless you have to. It will be much better to use an ipod/mp3 player for portability. The guitar is a great idea. Water is a must. Some fun toys are glow sticks, also candles if you trust yourself not to burn your house down. Weed is a necessity, just make sure you don't smoke too much. Cell phone should be off, only turn it on if a call is necessary. If you smoke, cigarrettes are very fun when tripping. Guitar is a great idea. I also definately recommend that you go outside at some point. If its 2-4am, not too many people will be out and about and you will be able to enjoy the outdoors. One of my favorite places to trip was my back yard/porch when I lived at my parents house. Sitting out in the night air staring at the sky (smoking a joint?), listening to music and thinking about life is an awesome experience.

I also recommend a tripping buddy, group philosophy talks are total mindfucks.

thanks ill be sure to turn off the phone.  that was a very good full response. i like

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Re: Preparing to take the mushrooms [Re: teeter]
    #11415929 - 11/09/09 02:49 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

yoga have any positive effect in the before during and after magic mushroom?  maybe to prepare the body for meditation or as how i like how you put it, a  pre meditation before, i like

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11415934 - 11/09/09 02:50 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

and my nervouse system will teach me what i like and what i dont like with time huh, during the experience

Edited by mama (11/09/09 02:51 AM)

OfflineDevin43
Shroomaster
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ks
    #11415942 - 11/09/09 02:51 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

i dont usually get hungry, in fact i find that eating is the least appealing idea. if you smoke, have cigarettes readily available. lol you sound like my mom, all worried but excited. honestly, relax, surround urself with colour, id say go outside but um... its pretty early in the morning so maybe not. (but if you get a chance go look at the clouds) MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC! it can actually put you in a trance. just no matter what, always think that the glass is half full. positive thoughts and dont look at urself in the mirror, either itll be so amazingly cool ull get lost or ull pick urself away into oblivion.

--------------------
"There i was, laying on my stomach with my head in a road cone... BEST-IDEA-EVER!

MY UNITARIAN JIHAD NAME IS: Brother Gatling Gun of Quiet Reflection

OfflineDevin43
Shroomaster
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Preparing to take the mushrooms [Re: Devin43]
    #11415952 - 11/09/09 02:53 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

haha yoga huh? trust me, with the right music you will be doing yoga anyways, and honestly, i always trip with someone, or have someone sober. you never know how hard its going to hit you, and shrooms can really put you outside of yourself

--------------------
"There i was, laying on my stomach with my head in a road cone... BEST-IDEA-EVER!

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11415965 - 11/09/09 02:56 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Devin43 said:
i dont usually get hungry, in fact i find that eating is the least appealing idea. if you smoke, have cigarettes readily available. lol you sound like my mom, all worried but excited. honestly, relax, surround urself with colour, id say go outside but um... its pretty early in the morning so maybe not. (but if you get a chance go look at the clouds) MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC! it can actually put you in a trance. just no matter what, always think that the glass is half full. positive thoughts and dont look at urself in the mirror, either itll be so amazingly cool ull get lost or ull pick urself away into oblivion.

pick myself away into obvilion like?

i know arnt clouds cool on shrooms.  i took them just once and the clouds and moon were like the first things i noticed

OfflineDevin43
Shroomaster
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11415968 - 11/09/09 02:57 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

i think you are getting too into this, but then again i remember my first time. look just eat or drink the fun-guy and forget about it, put ur mind somewhere else like take a shower. dont worry about when it hits you or anything. your stomach might hurt a little, first thing youll probably notice is the air feels like water, but find this out naturally, like when you are walking. dont expect it.

--------------------

OfflineDevin43
Shroomaster
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11415982 - 11/09/09 03:00 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

by pick yourself into oblivion, i meant unless you have a very positive image of yourself and no stress, it can be a trigger to bad thoughts about yourself. this has happened to me and some of my friends. something about seeing yourself makes you think about yourself and you start analyzing. it could be a good" yay im so happy" or it could get deep and you could fight your inner demons. so i stay away from mirrors lol

--------------------

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11415990 - 11/09/09 03:02 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Devin43 said:
haha yoga huh? trust me, with the right music you will be doing yoga anyways, and honestly, i always trip with someone, or have someone sober. you never know how hard its going to hit you, and shrooms can really put you outside of yourself

Quote:

Devin43 said:
i think you are getting too into this, but then again i remember my first time. look just eat or drink the fun-guy and forget about it, put ur mind somewhere else like take a shower. dont worry about when it hits you or anything. your stomach might hurt a little, first thing youll probably notice is the air feels like water, but find this out naturally, like when you are walking. dont expect it.

i can see why cannabis is suppose to help now.  it will help with nausea and might help me feel more grounded.  specially smoked not vaped.  smoke some nice canabis right before eating the mush.  so you basically mean just forget i took the mush but remember to stay home windows closed.  and just take it easy.  sit down or lay down.

OfflineDevin43
Shroomaster
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11416028 - 11/09/09 03:09 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

i never mix anything with shrooms. i wont taint the original feeling, because thats why its so amazing now isent it :P as much as i love bud... and honestly? tea... TEA TEA TEA. no nausea. stronger trip. there are some great recipes in here. and do whatever you want at that time. your mind and body will take over and tell you what to do. me personally, i love talking with someone, or listening to music face down with my eyes closed. depending on how much you take that can be boring or the most amazing thing you have ever done. me personally, i lose myself in music. like the below reference V. i was listening to music lol

--------------------

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11416046 - 11/09/09 03:14 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Devin43 said:
i never mix anything with shrooms. i wont taint the original feeling, because thats why its so amazing now isent it :P as much as i love bud... and honestly? tea... TEA TEA TEA. no nausea. stronger trip. there are some great recipes in here. and do whatever you want at that time. your mind and body will take over and tell you what to do. me personally, i love talking with someone, or listening to music face down with my eyes closed. depending on how much you take that can be boring or the most amazing thing you have ever done. me personally, i lose myself in music. like the below reference V. i was listening to music lol

tea sounds like a nice idea.  easier to vomit tea than vomiting chewed food, yeah?

i want to wash the mushrooms off of course.  so that way there is no compost or anything on it.  even if its safe.  i like to wash my food before i eat it or make tea out of something. 

will washing the mushrooms off after picking make the mushrooms weaker or just clean? and even if you dont have to wash em, will washing off the mushroom have any effect of making them weaker?

Edited by mama (11/09/09 03:15 AM)

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male User Gallery

#11416058 - 11/09/09 03:17 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

You seem pretty tripped out and awesome already. I think you could do some cool writing or drawing while on the shrooms.

OfflineDevin43
Shroomaster
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11416068 - 11/09/09 03:18 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

you wont vomit, ESPECIALLY with tea. and idk about washing it, id think that adding it to boiling water for the tea would be sanitation enough. and are we talking fresh mushies or dryed? with dried id say its a bad idea, idk why just sounds bad lol. but fresh would probably be fine. you have to figure it rains outside in their natural enviro. i just wouldnt use hot water out of fear it might extract some precious shimicals :P

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience