Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Loc: The Earth
Mad Season Bags
    #11415278 - 11/09/09 01:06 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I am hard headed so I'm not changing my mind.  im going with the mad season bags from shroomery vendor.  say i inject the mad season compost bag and it colonizes, i break it up inside after 30 percent colonized.  ok its really taking hold of it in theory.  covered and 100%.  At this point do you open the top of the bag or trim the top at any point? 

how can i mist it?

how can i wind it?

is any of that misting and winding neccary?

is it easier to cut nothing and let it fruit in there from start to finish?  cause i was thinking about trimming the top off after colonizing. 

really there is no reason to trim or cut the top off? 

just knock up the mad season bag and let it grow and everything inside? 

i dont have to do anything other than keep the temp above 60? 

will it need any moisture? 

will it be ok from start to finish just injecting and not opening the bag till your ready to pick the mush? 

And once they are fruiting and picked can i tape the top of the bag so they make another flush? 

and how much light from start to finish and can that light be indirect sunlight.  these compost bags look very promising.

Edited by mama (11/09/09 01:12 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mad Season Bags [Re: mama]
    #11415427 - 11/09/09 01:24 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Fruiting Conditions

Place bags either side by side or some like to separate into their own little boxes that black out the sides and bottom, but i have found little need for all that. Introduce either natural light or recommended/favored electric lighting, and make sure that the room or space with the bags inside has plenty of fresh air, or the Ammonia will build up and destroy your projects with nothing but aborts. Do NOT have air blowing directly at the bags, THIS WILL DRY THEM OUT. its a 2 way street.
Usually within a week or 10 days after introduced into fruiting conditions Pins should be forming.
Once fruits develop to their max potential or before they drop their spore load preferably, cut the tops off, only just under the seal, carefully pick your fruits with a clean hand and simply fold the top over and clothes pin or tape the flap down, and await the second flush.

I have tried to rehydrate and all that, but IME I have better luck simply leaving everything alone as much as possible, and harvesting fruit when its time. No misting/dunking, No fanning, No light timers as mine are fueled by daylight.

Curtice of P.Menace

You can do a search for invitro bags or invitro fruiting if u have further questions.

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

Re: Mad Season Bags [Re: Damion5050]
    #11415455 - 11/09/09 01:29 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Damion5050 said:
Quote:

Fruiting Conditions

Place bags either side by side or some like to separate into their own little boxes that black out the sides and bottom, but i have found little need for all that. Introduce either natural light or recommended/favored electric lighting, and make sure that the room or space with the bags inside has plenty of fresh air, or the Ammonia will build up and destroy your projects with nothing but aborts. Do NOT have air blowing directly at the bags, THIS WILL DRY THEM OUT. its a 2 way street.
Usually within a week or 10 days after introduced into fruiting conditions Pins should be forming.
Once fruits develop to their max potential or before they drop their spore load preferably, cut the tops off, only just under the seal, carefully pick your fruits with a clean hand and simply fold the top over and clothes pin or tape the flap down, and await the second flush.

I have tried to rehydrate and all that, but IME I have better luck simply leaving everything alone as much as possible, and harvesting fruit when its time. No misting/dunking, No fanning, No light timers as mine are fueled by daylight.

Curtice of P.Menace

You can do a search for invitro bags or invitro fruiting if u have further questions.

sounds like the only time to open the bag is when its picking time.

so if i got this right, just inject the mad season bag, and give it a few hours of indirect sunlight each day. once fully colonized to induce fruiting.  and just leave it alone.  i woouldnt open the bag.  not fan it not anything it.  just leave it alone man. and keep the room above 60. the only time to open the bag is when its picking time, right?

Edited by mama (11/09/09 01:32 AM)

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11415520 - 11/09/09 01:41 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

ill have to wait till feeel funny responds to answer ny truck load of questions.

does anyone here at the moment know if with the mad season bags you open it before you pick?  i would think everything is in the bag.  no water added nothing.  anyone know?  im going through old messages about  it with feel funny, still looking

Offlinemama
Stranger
Female

#11415541 - 11/09/09 01:45 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i found the directions, maybe itll say something about cutting the top off or not

Grow Bag Directions

When your bags arrive, inspect them for punctures or tears. If you find anything wrong with the bag(s), please contact us at: sales@themadseason.com to arrange for a replacement to be shipped.

Locate the small black foam disk near the base of the bag.  This disc is the self-healing injector site. Note: The disc will be covered by a small sheet of plastic that attaches it to the rest of the bag. DO NOT remove this sheet, you will inject through it.

Use either a paper towel or cotton swab soaked with rubbing alcohol to wipe the area of the self-healing injection site. This sterilizes the injection area.

Now remove the cap from your spore syringe needle and wipe it down with another alcohol soaked paper towel/swab.

Inoculate the substrate (material inside the bag) with the spore or liquid culture syringe by inserting the needle through the self- healing injection site. Squirt between 2 to 5cc's of spore solution directly into the substrate material. We do not recommend using more than 5cc's of solution or you run the risk of throwing the water content off inside of the bags which could lead to contamination risks later on.

***DO NOT insert the needle through the white filter patch found near the top of the bag.***

Place the bag(s) in a dark location and incubate at the recommended temperatures for the type of mushrooms you are growing. The bag should begin to show signs of growth within 10 days and be completely colonized within 4 weeks or less if the growing parameters are correct.

When colonization is 90-100% complete (bag will be completely white with healthy mycelium), it is time to expose the bags to either indirect sunlight or some kind of artificial light (low-heat florescent light would be best). You also want to lower the temperature down to the proper fruiting temperature of your mushrooms.
After a week or so, pinning should start to occur. The pins should grow into full grown mushrooms within a week.

They should be picked when the caps have just started to open. Waiting until the caps are fully open will cause spores to drop and make a mess in your bag. Cut open the top of the bag with scissors when you are ready to pick them. Carefully pull the colonized substrate out of the bag and pick ALL of the mushrooms and pins completely off of the substrate. When picking is complete, place the block of colonized substrate back into the bag and fold the top of the bag over and close with a clothespin or paper clip.

** Tip - To maximize subsequent flushes, you may dunk the substrate block in distilled water overnight, then dab the excess water off with a paper towel and place back into the bag. To close the bag, just fold the top over and use either a clothespin or paper clip to hold the fold in place.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation