Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

Loc: Best city in Texas
Pics of some birthed cakes. Surprised the hell out of me.
    #11412877 - 11/08/09 07:56 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I just finished birthing two BRF cakes of PB. Here are the pics of them before birthing.

Here's the first one. It was a bitch to come out. I wouldn't be surprised if this one comes out bruised as hell being that I had to squeeze the cake out by the bottom to the point where it felt like crumbling.

And this is what surprised the hell out of me. Pic of it before birthing. Ok. Have a few pins. No biggie.

Then BAAAAAM! This son of a b jumped out.

I'm slightly worried cause they didn't really fully colonize. Probably like .5% left on one and bout 1% on the other. But I had to birth due to the pins inside.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:
Anything that has been posted by the user "texas_raised" is all made up and make believe. The user texas_raised is not responsible, nor will be held liable, for anything that is posted, read, and written on this website.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

Re: Pics of some birthed cakes. Surprised the hell out of me. [Re: texas_raised]
    #11412895 - 11/08/09 07:58 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Haha, I probably would have dropped that jar upon seeing it, thinking some type of mutated worm was living in there :lol:

Wouldn't worry too much about the uncolonized portions.  Could just be part of the dry verm barrier that is not done? Cut the areas off it concerns you a great deal.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

Edited by dancefloordale (11/08/09 08:01 PM)

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

Re: Pics of some birthed cakes. Surprised the hell out of me. [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11412907 - 11/08/09 08:00 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

lol. Oh man it made my heart jump to be honest. lol.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:
Anything that has been posted by the user "texas_raised" is all made up and make believe. The user texas_raised is not responsible, nor will be held liable, for anything that is posted, read, and written on this website.

Offlinedemonkinsin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Pics of some birthed cakes. Surprised the hell out of me. [Re: texas_raised]
    #11412959 - 11/08/09 08:09 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Haha always a suprise. I don't think you have too much to worry about if that little bit wasn't colonized. Obviously there gonna produce fruits which is a good sign so put that thing in your FC and expect shrooms :smile:

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

Re: Pics of some birthed cakes. Surprised the hell out of me. [Re: demonkinsin]
    #11413006 - 11/08/09 08:15 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Yea you're right. But I'm dunking them right now, then tomorrow I'm gonna roll. And not a joint. haha. I'm hoping that the dunk won't kill of the big pins that were on there. I've been reading and it says that little pins are fine to dunk but still have yet to read anything about bigger sized ones like mine. Thanks for the feedback. Helps ease me.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:

Offlinebobbyo
Stranger
    #11413045 - 11/08/09 08:20 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

oh dam thats crazy... wut strain is that?

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11413114 - 11/08/09 08:29 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

texas_raised said:
Yea you're right. But I'm dunking them right now, then tomorrow I'm gonna roll. And not a joint. haha. I'm hoping that the dunk won't kill of the big pins that were on there. I've been reading and it says that little pins are fine to dunk but still have yet to read anything about bigger sized ones like mine. Thanks for the feedback. Helps ease me.

I would skeptical about a dunk too.

If those were mine, I would opt to put them in a saucer of water overnight in the FC.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

Offlinedemonkinsin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11413141 - 11/08/09 08:32 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

texas_raised said:

Might as well roll a joint tooo!  :bigjoint:

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

Re: Pics of some birthed cakes. Surprised the hell out of me. [Re: bobbyo]
    #11413399 - 11/08/09 09:03 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

It's some Pink Buffaloes.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

#11413417 - 11/08/09 09:06 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

demonkinsin said:
Quote:

texas_raised said:

Might as well roll a joint tooo!  :bigjoint:

HAHA. I would but I hate to waste kush like that. I'd rather smoke it all up with my glass and not be wasteful. Some reggies is different though. Havent smoked that in a while.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

Re: Pics of some birthed cakes. Surprised the hell out of me. [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11413476 - 11/08/09 09:16 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

dancefloordale said:
Quote:

texas_raised said:

I would skeptical about a dunk too.

If those were mine, I would opt to put them in a saucer of water overnight in the FC.

Well I'm hoping that it doesn't effect the bigger pins. I'll do this as an experiment to see if big pins get affected or not. That way I'll have some first-hand knowledge on that topic.

What do you mean by saucer? Like a plate with water? Never heard of this.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:

Offlinedemonkinsin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11413559 - 11/08/09 09:27 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I think he means instead of dunking the whole cake, instead place it in a bowl of water and set the cake in it so that the cake still absorbs water but your not compromising the pins that are towards the top.

I haven't done this but it seems viable. I think you will be ok. hopefully those pins fruit if not youll have some tasty aborts.

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

#11413589 - 11/08/09 09:35 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I just dunked and birthed a couple cakes with pins almost that big. They're not growin very fast and seem to have sort of dried out. They don't look promising...

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

#11413639 - 11/08/09 09:46 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

demonkinsin said:
I think he means instead of dunking the whole cake, instead place it in a bowl of water and set the cake in it so that the cake still absorbs water but your not compromising the pins that are towards the top.

I haven't done this but it seems viable. I think you will be ok. hopefully those pins fruit if not youll have some tasty aborts.

The word saucer just threw me off. I'm trying to think of something that can hold water but at the same time not take up too much room in my FC. I still have two trays with RGS and another three to put in the FC.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:

Offlinedemonkinsin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11413689 - 11/08/09 09:55 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

ya idk. You could always birth and just mist em real real good. And just keep misting em good to keep it hydrated. At this point it seems like an experiment on how to deal with premature pins.

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

#11413876 - 11/08/09 10:18 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I went ahead and put it in a cup with water. I also rolled it in dry verm. I couldn't find a plate or something small enough to put the water in. So a cup will have to suffice for now. I'm hoping it doesn't get contamed.

Here is the other long pin that fell off when putting it in the cup.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11414040 - 11/08/09 10:38 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

demonkinsin said:

:thumbup:

--------------------

HCA

Bulk Growing Made Easy

Offlinedemonkinsin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11414115 - 11/08/09 10:48 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Good vibes to you man hope it works out for you. I'd say don't leave it in there for too long but then again use your judgement on this one!

Good luck.

Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

#11414164 - 11/08/09 10:54 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

demonkinsin said:
Good vibes to you man hope it works out for you. I'd say don't leave it in there for too long but then again use your judgement on this one!

Good luck.

Thanks man.

I'm probably gonna take it out tomorrow afternoon. I'm afraid that the water can get contamed that way. It aaaaalmost doesn't look right but I am in experimenting mode. And like you said it seems viable. Thanks for the feedback.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:

Offlinedemonkinsin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11414257 - 11/08/09 11:04 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

ya anytime. Let us know how it goes. I love to know what works and what doesnt :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation