Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
PLEASE, I NEED SOME IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK!
    #11410522 - 11/08/09 10:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have never been a believer in 'spirit photography,' in which photographic film captures mental images or interfaces from the Astral Plane, however, I took a picture of my study to post in www.Alchemergy.com under Photos. It is called Lege et Labora, under MarkostheGnostic. If you go to the site and click the image, you can magnify it by clicking Original Size.

Please look at the left center of the bookshelf. Right below Hegel's A Phenomenology of Mind and Kierkegaard's A Concept of Anxiety, there is a fuzzy white disk. It is even visible in the small photo. If you magnify it, a distinctly crisp darker circle can be seen around the periphery. There are some undefinable darker 'shapes' closer to the center, but...and this is what I focused in on...at the center of the disk, superimposed on the edge of the wooden shelf, there seems to be a star. It's angles are apparent towards the apex, and I think it is a five-pinted rather than a six-pointed star. I looked more closely with a 2.5" magnifying glass. I took the pic with  a Canon PowerShot SD600 Digital ELPH (I'm reading the box - I'm not a photo-freak).

My Lady sees "something at the center," but she cannot see a star. Does anyone else see this? At Alchemergy, I also put up a pic of Rembrandt's Faust in His Study, because this classic drawing immediately came to mind. I want to know how much I'm reading into this photographic anomaly, and so I am relying on those of you who frequent this forum for some feedback.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

-MtG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThaiTea
Superconnected
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hollywood, CA
Re: PLEASE, I NEED SOME IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK! [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #11410550 - 11/08/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

when light hits a particle of dust a certain way cameras pic up a tiny glare/reflection. People take a lot of photos, and there is always a lot of dust, that is why this happens often.

--------------------
"I take comfort in the fact that my true purpose in life will make perfect sense mathmatically, but will be discovered through the construction of an avant garde art project done by a 6th grader with aspergers twenty years from today.

Could the presence of Junkies account for all these uneaten french fries?

Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

#11410565 - 11/08/09 10:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I can't zoom in on it.... 
Maybe it's an optical illusion?

--------------------
Let that which doesn't matter truly not matter.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: PLEASE, I NEED SOME IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK! [Re: ThaiTea]
    #11410577 - 11/08/09 10:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks, but this is a bit vague for the 'why' of this particular symmetrical form. Can you see any detail? I am willing to accept the 'how' of reflected light, but the issue of 'why' this apparent form is what troubles me. Everything is EMG 'light' in various degrees of vibration.

Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

#11410593 - 11/08/09 11:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like you need to talk to a verbally gifted physicist.  I'd think that the "why" follows from the "how".

No.  I can't see in any detail.  I can maybe make out the dark periphery that you mention, and maybe I can see a point in the center.  But not with any detail.  Perhaps if you'd enlarge the original and repost?

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: PLEASE, I NEED SOME IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK! [Re: youbreakyoubuy]
    #11410599 - 11/08/09 11:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, definately an optical illusion. No supernatural explanation sought for the mechanics, but I am looking for any corroboration of the 'form,' to help me discern whether I'm projecting my own stuff, or whether others can see the apparent star at center. The ring is difficult to dispute. Synchronicities happen with psychophysical interface. Why do I see a magick pentacle (like in Rembrandt's drawing) and not mere blob, a snowflake, a bubble, etc?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #11410607 - 11/08/09 11:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm unable to zoom in on it.  If you have a larger version of this picture, I'd love to take a look at it.

--------------------

Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

#11410609 - 11/08/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So you're saying that you see something beyond a mere star?  You're seeing something more alchemical then simple?  A pentagram?

Until I can see a high quality pic, I'd say that you are projecting your own stuff.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#11410688 - 11/08/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I can't send it magnified, that's why I asked to check it out at Alchemergy :shrug:
Thanks for looking! I've been studying alchemical mandalas lately, and I know they're on my mind, but this surprised me. I have captured similar white spots on film - like one I should dig up, which I took at Epe - the heartland of Yoruba religion, deep in Nigeria. It is a magickal place, but I dismissed it as film imperfections. On the other hand, I have a book called Voudoun Fire in which a photographer captured L'wa - the 'entities' in Voudoun, as a bell-shaped red light ascending and descending the peristyle (the 'world-axis') in the temple. There are also photos of orange streaks which surround certain possessed followers. Of course, it is claimed that theses pics are not double exposures or doctored in any way. Voudoun (or Voodoo) is the Haitian adaption of Yoruba religion, as Santeria is the Cuban counterpart.

So, part of me - the part that has witnessed small shadowy forms scurrying along the floor (as did my ex-wife and our sheepdog) - does entertain the possibility of the Astral Plane interfacing temporarily with the Physical Plane. I take these two terms from classic Yoga which recognizes several planes that humans are comprised of, and which can be experienced at times when physical identity is somewhat loosened (as on trips of various sorts). Always open to anomalies which may increase my 'entertaining' of possibilities more in the direction of certitude.

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (11/08/09 02:12 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#11410695 - 11/08/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

youbreakyoubuy said:
So you're saying that you see something beyond a mere star?  You're seeing something more alchemical then simple?  A pentagram?

Until I can see a high quality pic, I'd say that you are projecting your own stuff.

Like I said, projection is completely possible. The star I perceive fits within the 3/4" pinewood shelf behind it.

Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

#11410907 - 11/08/09 12:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I can't send it magnified, that's why I asked to check it out at Alchemergy :shrug:
Thanks for looking! I've been studying alchemical mandals lately, and I know they're on my mind, but this surprised me. I have captured similar white spots on film - like one I should dig up, which I took at Epe - the heartland of Yoruba religion, deep in Nigeria. It is a magickal place, but I dismissed it as film imperfections. On the other hand, I have a book called Voudoun Fire in which a photographer captured L'wa - the 'entities' in Voudoun, as a bell-shaped red light ascending and descending the peristyle (the 'world-axis') in the temple. There are also photos of orange streaks which surround certain possessed followers. Of course, it is claimed that theses pics are not double exposures or doctored in any way. Voudoun (or Voodoo) is the Haitian adaption of Yoruba religion, as Santeria is the Cuban counterpart.

So, part of me - the part that has witnessed small shadowy forms scurrying along the floor (as did my ex-wife and our sheepdog) - does entertain the possibility of the Astral Plane interfacing temporarily with the Physical Plane. I take these two terms from classic Yoga which recognizes several planes that humans are comprised of, and which can be experienced at times when physical identity is somewhat loosened (as on trips of various sorts). Always open to anomalies which may increase my 'entertaining' of possibilities more in the direction of certitude.

Your range of scope always astounds me markos

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
    #11410911 - 11/08/09 12:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Please post the image here, I went to the site and I can't seem to find the Original Size button.

My personal beliefs are that astral entities can temporarily lower their vibrational frequency to become perceivable in the physical reality. The channeled entity Seth talks about this in 'Seth Speaks'.

I think it is hard to deny the countless claims of scary "ghosts" and angelic "orbs" which have been with us for all of history.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: PLEASE, I NEED SOME IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK! [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11411519 - 11/08/09 02:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My bad. (I hate it when I'm stupid). I logged out and the Original Size button vanishes. I guess one has to register. Hmmm.

On my end, the little four-way arrow thing comes up to magnify at the bottom right corner, but a magnifying glass helps too.

Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

#11411546 - 11/08/09 02:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I can MAYBE see some linear lines within the general white blob in that picture.  But I def can't see any rhyme or reason to them.  And surely nothing so small as to fit within the tiny darker area in the center of the blob.

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #11411569 - 11/08/09 02:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It looks like an "orb" to me. These appear in pictures at a lot of large human gatherings (especially where people are getting drunk, which I speculate is why alcohol was originally called spirits). Look at pictures from weddings, parties, and the like and you will see tons of these. I kind of see the pentacle, but the picture is still a little small to get perfect detail.

What is the strange contraption on the right?

Edited by c0sm0nautt (11/08/09 02:28 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#11411614 - 11/08/09 02:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, well, thanks (I think). I'm a wealth of other-worldly, occult information and experiences - a true spokesperson for the lunatic fringe (the Moon being so important in these matters, you know  :wink:).

Rembrandt's 'Faust in His Study.'
I was hoping that this might be a parallel event in real time (and maybe it is)!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #11411627 - 11/08/09 02:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Haha wow I never made that connection. Lunatic.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#11411797 - 11/08/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You've probably never worked in a mental hospital or a middle school then. You can tell a full moon by the increase in lunacy in both places.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#11411859 - 11/08/09 03:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The "strange contraption" is a small alchemy lab, with a steam distillation apparatus set up. There is a water-cooling device on the floor, and a vacuum pump as well for vacuum distillation of certain plants where high temperature will destroy active ingredients. Under vacuum, depending on how high a vacuum, the boiling points of liquids drop dramatically. Spirits was an alchemical reference (alchemists discovered distillation and ethanol) to the universal nature (Mercury), which was extracted with ethanol. The essential oils of plants were its soul (Sulphur). The burned, filtered and crystallized remains of the plant are it's Salt. Plant alchemy seeks to divide these 3 principles, then recombine them under certain conditions to create tinctures, decoctions and elixirs with certain effects on the imbiber. They are not (necessarily) made from psychoactive plants. Correspondence between plants, planets, times of the day and week all contribute in a Synchronistic-based way according to theory. I'm experimenting. I have a benevolent mentor in the Chemistry & Pharmacology forum who advises me on which equipment is best.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #11412488 - 11/08/09 05:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking either an alchemy station or a meth lab. Knowing you, I was leaning towards the former. :smile: I've had strange dreams of similiar stations producing an array of different colored liquids going through many tubes and what not.

I always considered alchemy to be more metaphorical than a practical creation of tinctures. Have you been successful in creating anything thus far?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder