Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Insomnia + psychedelics
    #11409668 - 11/08/09 06:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So I've got a pretty bad case of insomnia, sometimes I don't sleep for what seems like weeks. I can't help but think half the time I wanna dose something, maybe it'll tire my body down enough after I trip that I might actually get some sleep as I usually feel like I could sleep for days after a good hard trip.

Then again I can't help but think my use of psychedelics may actually have something to do with my insomnia, my mind won't stop running like I'm constantly tripping.

Think I'll dose some 2c-i if I don't fall asleep by noon.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: highdroponics]
    #11409711 - 11/08/09 06:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

put down your head
take care of the child within

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: redgreenvines]
    #11409893 - 11/08/09 08:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Easier said than done, believe me.

Sometimes I get to the point that I just wanna go piss someone off to the point that they will just knock me the fuck out. I just got pissed off to the point that I just chugged a 2-liter bottle of vault like I was going for a world record or some shit. Once I'm up during the day there's no getting me back to sleep, might as well jack myself up with a fuckload of caffeine.

No way I'm tripping with this attitude.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Offlineklondike_bar
Trekker
Male User Gallery

#11410311 - 11/08/09 10:07 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

id suggest either getting some xanax or alcohol in your system. it will become much easier to fall asleep

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: klondike_bar]
    #11410325 - 11/08/09 10:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Funny you mention it, I was fucked up to the point of almost puking and blacking out last night on alcohol, I still did not sleep a wink.

--------------------

Invisiblestereolab
Wizard
Male

Loc: NY
Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: klondike_bar]
    #11410332 - 11/08/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Do you get adequate exercise throughout the day?  I find that when I'm physically exhausted, it is a lot easier to go to sleep.  Being stoned also helps, generally.

Psychedelics definitely seem to give me short-term insomnia (1-7 days after tripping), but after that I'm fine.  Sometimes I randomly get insomnia anyway, and it was much worse before I even started doing psychedelics.  I could see how they might contribute to it, however.

--------------------
Space is
the Place
:aum:

Offlinemindbentempire
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: redgreenvines]
    #11410563 - 11/08/09 10:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Stock up on vitamins man.
Get some Valerian Root, 5-HTP, whatever natural that promotes sleep and immune system health. Stay away from psychedelics for a few months.

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
put down your head
take care of the child within

words of wisdom.

Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: mindbentempire]
    #11410722 - 11/08/09 11:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Psychedelics don't affect my sleeping.

I have fallen asleep with weed every night for the past month or two.

I have fallen asleep on shrooms before (0.5 gram dose) but it was noticably harder because I still had CEVs.

I think you should just go buy a gram of good ass indica and smoke it all, I'm sure you would fall asleep.

--------------------
:whoyougonnacall:
"Anxiety doesn't exist. It's just your inner brain telling you that you're a pussy."

jokes

OfflinePancakes
Yogi
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: mrgibblet]
    #11410777 - 11/08/09 11:46 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Try focusing on your breath when you want to fall asleep by taking deep sleep-like breaths, but don't force it.  I don't have any trouble sleeping, but my gf does and this is what she does every night. Also, getting enough exercise during the day helps a lot.  Ganja in the evening too. :cool: And avoid caffeine after noon.

--------------------
Above all things the flights and sublime ecstasies of the soul cannot submit to the statements of any church or any creed.
- Walt Whitman

OfflineMcDude
Omerta
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Riding the spiral
    #11410823 - 11/08/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
Then again I can't help but think my use of psychedelics may actually have something to do with my insomnia, my mind won't stop running like I'm constantly tripping

I've had this problem for 14 years,after a few years of heavy LSD use. Liquor and pills is the only thing that shuts my brain down,but only after I black out and do a bunch of crazy shit. :shrug:

--------------------

For cultivation troubleshooting/advice visit us here

As below so above I imagine. Drawn outside the lines of reason. Push the envelope, Watch it bend!

Offlinejared11
The Illusionist
Male

Loc: Out there
Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: McDude]
    #11410853 - 11/08/09 12:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hit a bowl, that puts you right out

--------------------
Mother,
Should I trust the government?

:peace:Peace & Love:heart:

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

#11411288 - 11/08/09 01:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
So I've got a pretty bad case of insomnia, sometimes I don't sleep for what seems like weeks. I can't help but think half the time I wanna dose something, maybe it'll tire my body down enough after I trip that I might actually get some sleep as I usually feel like I could sleep for days after a good hard trip.

Then again I can't help but think my use of psychedelics may actually have something to do with my insomnia, my mind won't stop running like I'm constantly tripping.

Think I'll dose some 2c-i if I don't fall asleep by noon.

every tried diphenhydramine or melatonin? they work extremely well if you dont abuse them. also german chamomile, and valerian root work quite well too.

you can also buy passion flower and smoke a lil b4 bedtime. like a half a bowl to 2 bowls usually does the trick.

also having 500 to 1000mg of Vitamin c daily helps the body stay healthy and aids in sleep health as well.

--------------------

Offlinejared11
The Illusionist
Male

Loc: Out there
Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11411322 - 11/08/09 01:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

^^ just wait all day then blaze like an hour n half before bed, lay in bed watch tv, play video games for a bit then your out like a light. Or atleast i've been doing this for a few years now.

--------------------
Mother,
Should I trust the government?

:peace:Peace & Love:heart:

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11411367 - 11/08/09 01:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Melotonin is an important chemical relating to sleep. Its produced by the same system in the brain that produces serotonin.

I have a very mild insomia but i still do get fairly decent sleeps. Usually when i got to bed it takes atleast an hour until im asleep, but i am usually awake by 10am-11am which is 2 hours to early (work nights) so never really get the recomended 8 hours sleep.

hardly sleeping over that length of time definatly says somethings not right. On the odd occasion i will just decide not to sleep but by the time ive gotten to the point where i would normaly be just waking up and feeling pretty horrible, little sick. I power through and wait till later at night before going to bed as if i sleep early end up wakihng up at night and then ill be up and going to beed way late.

Maybe you should see your doctor about it. Its really very bad for you being awake that long. without sleep your body doesnt get a chance to recharge, and make use of the food you have eaten. cant maintin the immune system properly either. Your body cant convert food into energy very well either.

I've tried over the counter sleeping pills a few times, and they didnt even work for me even when im tired.

I know someone who has started reducing her anti-depressabt dosage as she's coming off them and she barely sleeps aswell, got prescribed sleeping pills and those dont even always work.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: veda_sticks]
    #11411375 - 11/08/09 01:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hmm. maybe try drinking sum ayahuasca b4 bedtime. lol. it definitely worked for me as you can see in my Seing the future? post.

--------------------

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: jared11]
    #11411431 - 11/08/09 01:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jared11 said:
^^ just wait all day then blaze like an hour n half before bed, lay in bed watch tv, play video games for a bit then your out like a light. Or atleast i've been doing this for a few years now.

Even with indica my mind is constantly running to the point that I cannot sleep, my body wants it but my brain wont allow it, I'll start to fall asleep and just as I'm on the verge of falling asleep my mind goes nuts.

--------------------

OfflinePatisotagami
Organism
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere Flag
    #11411448 - 11/08/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

take either a benzo or an ambien. if you go to any doctor and tell him/her that you are having this problem, ask them to let you try some ambien. take 1, or 2 if 1 isnt enough, lay down, and you WILL fall asleep, guaranteed.

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Insomnia + psychedelics [Re: Patisotagami]
    #11411643 - 11/08/09 02:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ambien is good shit, used to take them for the hell of it back in the day, very easy to build up a tolerance to it though.

I don't really have money for a doctor and I have no health insurance.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds