Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMossy
Stranger
Male User Gallery

(UK grower) Air exchange question???
    #11411076 - 11/08/09 12:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Please help! Im a new to growing, i live in the UK so need a heated box and it needs to be semi automated as i work alot. I want to make sure my grow box set up (see diagram) will deal with air exchange. I plan to fan it once a day also. Will this work???

thanks

--------------------
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThyrax
No way
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
Re: (UK grower) Air exchange question??? [Re: Mossy]
    #11411081 - 11/08/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

whats the point with you beeing from uk

--------------------

Offlinemushking
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
Male

Re: (UK grower) Air exchange question??? [Re: Thyrax]
    #11411129 - 11/08/09 01:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

drill some holes in the box along the top of the perlite for more FAE, you have to keep in mind FAE isnt necessarily just bring in more oxygen its removing CO2. And I doubt the heater is necessary unless you live in a fridge.

OfflineThyrax
No way
Male User Gallery

#11411191 - 11/08/09 01:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mossy said:
Please help! Im a new to growing, i live in the UK so need a heated box and it needs to be semi automated as i work alot. I want to make sure my grow box set up (see diagram) will deal with air exchange. I plan to fan it once a day also. Will this work???

thanks

If you can at least mist the morning before work, once after work and once before going to sleep just build a shotgun. And yeah room temp is fine unless you live in a fridge. but then again just heat up the room.

--------------------

OfflineMossy
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: (UK grower) Air exchange question??? [Re: mushking]
    #11411252 - 11/08/09 01:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks, will get the drill out.

My room temp is lower than 75 degrees which is why i highlighted the fact im from the uk and why im want to use a heater. Also i have read that once the mushrooms have started growing, temperatures between 80-90 degrees will help them develop faster. 75-80 degrees to initiate growth, then when the mushroom have started forming, increase the temperature to 80-90 degrees. This surely is only achievable with a temp controllable heater?

--------------------
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
Albert Einstein

Offlinemushking
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
Male

Re: (UK grower) Air exchange question??? [Re: Thyrax]
    #11411330 - 11/08/09 01:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

FAE is almost always the only pin trigger the mycelium uses. as for maintaining optimal growing temperature if anything the temperature differential will only make a difference of acouple of hours growing time at most.

however if you feel it necessary to replicate optimal conditions to the tee by all means, its just not a necessity.

OfflineThyrax
No way
Male User Gallery

#11411354 - 11/08/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mossy said:
Thanks, will get the drill out.

My room temp is lower than 75 degrees which is why i highlighted the fact im from the uk and why im want to use a heater. Also i have read that once the mushrooms have started growing, temperatures between 80-90 degrees will help them develop faster. 75-80 degrees to initiate growth, then when the mushroom have started forming, increase the temperature to 80-90 degrees. This surely is only achievable with a temp controllable heater?

uh ? my place is at 70 and its fine, I think its a bit slower than optimal temp but its still pretty fine.

--------------------

Invisiblewygram
Myconaut

Trusted Cultivator
    #11411356 - 11/08/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mossy said:
75-80 degrees to initiate growth, then when the mushroom have started forming, increase the temperature to 80-90 degrees.

Low temperatures slightly hinder the grow of mushrooms, but the numbers you cite aren't necessary or recommended. Temps above 21C should be just fine for both colonization and fruiting. If you are comfortable in a short sleeve tshirt in your home, so will the mushrooms.

Your FC design is missing some key features. The tub should have holes on all six sides and be slightly raised, so that air can flow up from the bottom and evaporate the moisture from the perlite into the chamber. Coffee filters are completely unnecessary, as fresh air is what fights off contaminants during fruiting and not filters.

--------------------
Changing your mind is one of the best ways of finding out whether or not you still have one.

OfflineMossy
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: (UK grower) Air exchange question??? [Re: wygram]
    #11411424 - 11/08/09 01:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

cheers...

im siting her in a hoodie and bobble hat!
ok, so i drill holes in the base yeah?
thought coffee filters would stop dirt dropping into the chamber.

--------------------
Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix