Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleGlenners
Rhymenosaurus

Owning land
    #11410351 - 11/08/09 10:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think "owning" land is really weird. Like when we came and kicked the natives off of the land and claimed it. Who the fuck were they to claim land. You can't own part of the earth. People spend tons of money on land but nobody made it, it was already there. Someone just claimed it and then can sell it?! It's just a dumb human system.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Owning land [Re: Glenners]
    #11410363 - 11/08/09 10:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

With power comes ownership of land.  If I have a gun and can make you leave a specific area then that area becomes mine.

I agree that sharing the land is a nobler ideal but greed and egoism are significant forces in the world in which we live.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #11410370 - 11/08/09 10:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

owning your computer is an extension of owning land, same with your bike, your car and everything else. We all take part in the effects of this culture on the world.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Owning land [Re: Icelander]
    #11410384 - 11/08/09 10:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Oh boy! It'll be exciting in the 22nd Century to see which common resources we've relegated to property!

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Owning land [Re: Lakefingers]
    #11410393 - 11/08/09 10:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I "own" (read slaves) my dogs.:satansmoking:

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #11410418 - 11/08/09 10:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:
Oh boy! It'll be exciting in the 22nd Century to see which common resources we've relegated to property!

While you guys were quibbling over land, I took the liberty of privatizing the sun.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Owning land [Re: Silversoul]
    #11410430 - 11/08/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the "son of man"? I think it's already been done.:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#11410448 - 11/08/09 10:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Next I'll buy outer space.  Then I'll be a spacelord, motherfucker! :rockon:

--------------------

Invisiblegiza
Male
    #11410456 - 11/08/09 10:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

that's why i don't care about people that die in a hurricane the land they live on isn't theirs it is the creators, it's not the creators fault people moved where that hurricane happened

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #11410482 - 11/08/09 10:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Glenners said:
I think "owning" land is really weird. Like when we came and kicked the natives off of the land and claimed it. Who the fuck were they to claim land. You can't own part of the earth. People spend tons of money on land but nobody made it, it was already there. Someone just claimed it and then can sell it?! It's just a dumb human system.

What else do you find weird? The fact that people grow crops in organized ways, and that they live in societies? Maybe even art is weird, I mean, who the fuck are we to make art? And what about kids? I mean, how weird is that? Who are we to decide to keep making people? I even think we shouldn't eat anything, be it fruit, veggie, or animal. Oh wait, but do we have the right to starve ourselves to death? :tinfoil:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Owning land [Re: giza]
    #11410487 - 11/08/09 10:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Isn't it funny how the Creator has absolutely no power when the land disputes go to the court room?

InvisibleLakefingers
    #11410497 - 11/08/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You may buy outerspace, but good luck enforcing it. That's the key. Weapons and goons.

Edit: and as I read in your sun purchase thread, Icelander also pointed out the need of an army...

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#11410508 - 11/08/09 10:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:
You may buy outerspace, but good luck enforcing it. That's the key. Weapons and goons.

I'm already on it.  This little baby will make sure there's no freeloading trespassers:

--------------------

InvisibleLakefingers
    #11410518 - 11/08/09 10:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

How about getting together with some other people and working out a plan to gain control of the sun within a few hundred years?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#11410537 - 11/08/09 10:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:
How about getting together with some other people and working out a plan to gain control of the sun within a few hundred years?

I already planted a flag on the sun(you can't see it cuz it burned up, but it still counts).  So I don't know what planning you think I need to do.

--------------------

InvisibleLakefingers
    #11410604 - 11/08/09 11:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Think tank-style.

Invisiblegiza
Male
    #11410659 - 11/08/09 11:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

if you want to go about owning other planets i suggest making friends with the animals and insects first, which i have already started and have talked to the first numbers of the human race and we call space, stars and all else, haha

Edited by giza (11/08/09 11:18 AM)

Invisiblegiza
Male
Re: Owning land [Re: giza]
    #11410676 - 11/08/09 11:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Also, how do you go about owning something when you can't contact the owner?

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #11411333 - 11/08/09 01:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

It's just a dumb human system.

Just human? Do you know one of the main reason wolves howl is to ward other packs away from THEIR TURF?

Many animals are fiercely territorial and use fang and claw instead of guns.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Owning land [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #11411422 - 11/08/09 01:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

Just human? Do you know one of the main reason wolves howl is to ward other packs away from THEIR TURF?

are you kidding me? humans are the only territorial creatures on the planet. :rolleyes: Are you suggesting that a significant portion of the animal kingdom claim rights to certain areas of land?

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Owning land [Re: learningtofly]
    #11411450 - 11/08/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Go into a junkyard at night and your question will be answered to your satisfaction.

Or do some research. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinetraviedigital
Stranger

#11411457 - 11/08/09 02:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

are you kidding me? humans are the only territorial creatures on the planet. :rolleyes: Are you suggesting that a significant portion of the animal kingdom claim rights to certain areas of land?

Where is your evidence of this ?

Because I would venture a guess to say that there are many other animals in the kingdom that stake out their territories, the same was humans did.

Lions, tigers, panthers, many of the high ranking felines and "dog" (wolf, bear etc.) animals, do not just let anyone to "their" territory, used for housing, feeding, and raising their packs

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Owning land [Re: traviedigital]
    #11411473 - 11/08/09 02:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Other animals do mark their territory.  What they don't do is buy and sell that territory, pass it down to their descendants, rent it out for profit, hold land that they don't use, or speculate on future returns.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11411505 - 11/08/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

pass it down to their descendants

Might want to rethink that part.

--------------------

Offlinetraviedigital
Stranger

#11411515 - 11/08/09 02:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Other animals do mark their territory.  What they don't do is buy and sell that territory, pass it down to their descendants, rent it out for profit, hold land that they don't use, or speculate on future returns.

Do other animals have anywhere near the level of conciousness needed to do anything remotely along those lines ?

Offlinetraviedigital
Stranger

Re: Owning land [Re: traviedigital]
    #11411540 - 11/08/09 02:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What about the indigenous tribes of Ireland and Scotland ? They were white men who didn't encroach upon any land. Their land was passed down through tribal succession, and acquisition from neighboring tribes.

I would again, venture a guess, that many of the indigenous tribes from all over the land, did the same things.

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

#11411564 - 11/08/09 02:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Reminds me of the native Indians. They were totally surprised when people wanted to 'buy' the land from them at some point in time. They couldn't get the idea of 'owning' the land, because the land is just the land. It doesn't belong to anyone, it is there for everyone... go figure.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Owning land [Re: Ahimsa]
    #11411623 - 11/08/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Archimedes

By Mark Twain

"Give me whereon to stand", said Archimedes, "and I will move the earth." The boast was a pretty safe one, for he knew quite well that the standing place was wanting, and always would be wanting. But suppose he had moved the earth, what then? What benefit would it have been to anybody? The job would never have paid working expenses, let alone dividends, and so what was the use of talking about it? From what astronomers tell us, I should reckon that the earth moved quite fast enough already, and if there happened to be a few cranks who were dissatisfied with its rate of progress, as far as I am concerned, they might push it along for themselves; I would not move a finger or subscribe a penny piece to assist in anything of the kind.

Why such a fellow as Archimedes should be looked upon as a genius I never could understand; I never heard that he made a pile, or did anything else worth talking about. As for that last contract he took in hand, it was the worst bungle I ever knew; he undertook to keep the Romans out of Syracuse; he tried first one dodge and then another, but they got in after all, and when it came to fair fighting he was out of it altogether, a common soldier in a very business-like sort of way settling all his pretensions.

It is evident that he was an over-rated man. He was in the habit of making a lot of fuss about his screws and levers, but his knowledge of mechanics was in reality of a very limited character. I have never set up for a genius myself, but I know of a mechanical force more powerful than anything the vaunting engineer of Syracuse ever dreamed of. It is the force of land monopoly; it is a screw and lever all in one; it will screw the last penny out of a man's pocket, and bend everything on earth to its own despotic will. Give me the private ownership of all the land, and will I move the earth? No; but I will do more. I will undertake to make slaves of all the human beings on the face of it. Not chattel slaves exactly, but slaves nevertheless. What an idiot I would be to make chattel slaves of them. I would have to find them salts and senna when they were sick, and whip them to work when they were lazy.

No, it is not good enough. Under the system I propose the fools would imagine they were all free. I would get a maximum of results, and have no responsibility whatever. They would cultivate the soil; they would dive into the bowels of the earth for its hidden treasures; they would build cities and construct railways and telegraphs; their ships would navigate the ocean; they would work and work, and invent and contrive; their warehouses would be full, their markets glutted, and

the beauty of the whole concern would be
    that everything they made would belong to me.

It would be this way, you see: As I owned all the land, they would of course, have to pay me rent. They could not reasonably expect me to allow them the use of the land for nothing. I am not a hard man, and in fixing the rent I would be very liberal with them. I would allow them, in fact, to fix it themselves. What could be fairer? Here is a piece of land, let us say, it might be a farm, it might be a building site, or it might be something else - if there was only one man who wanted it, of course he would not offer me much, but if the land be really worth anything such a circumstance is not likely to happen. On the contrary, there would be a number who would want it, and they would go on bidding and bidding one against the other, in order to get it. I should accept the highest offer - what could be fairer? Every increase of population, extension of trade, every advance in the arts and sciences would, as we all know, increase the value of land, and the competition that would naturally arise would continue to force rents upward, so much so, that in many cases the tenants would have little or nothing left for themselves.

In this case a number of those who were hard pushed would seek to borrow, and as for those who were not so hard pushed, they would, as a matter of course, get the idea into their heads that if they only had more capital they could extend their operations, and thereby make their business more profitable. Here I am again. The very man they stand in need of; a regular benefactor of my species, and always ready to oblige them. With such an enormous rent-roll I could furnish them with funds up to the full extent of the available security; they would not expect me to do more, and in the matter of interest I would be equally generous.

I would allow them to fix the rate of it themselves in precisely the same manner as they had fixed the rent. I should then have them by the wool, and if they failed in their payments it would be the easiest thing in the world to sell them out. They might bewail their lot, but business is business. They should have worked harder and been more provident. Whatever inconvenience they might suffer, it would be their concern, and not mine. What a glorious time I would have of it! Rent and interest, interest and rent, and no limit to either, excepting the ability of the workers to pay. Rents would go up and up, and they would continue to pledge and mortgage, and as they went bung, bung, one after another, it would be the finest sport ever seen. thus, from the simple leverage of land monopoly, not only the great globe itself, but everything on the face of it would eventually belong to me. I would be king and lord of all, and the rest of mankind would be my most willing slaves.

It hardly needs to be said that it would not be consistent with my dignity to associate with the common rank and file of humanity; it would not be politic to say so, but, as a matter of fact, I not only hate work but I hate those who do work, and I would not have their stinking carcasses near me at any price. High above the contemptible herd I would sit enthroned amid a circle of devoted worshippers. I would choose for myself companions after my own heart. I would deck them with ribbons and gewgaws to tickle their vanity; they would esteem it an honour to kiss my glove, and would pay homage to the very chair that I sat upon; brave men would die for me, parsons would pray for me, and bright-eyed beauty would pander to my pleasures. For the proper management of public affairs I would have a parliament, and for the preservation of law and order there would be soldiers and policemen, all sworn to serve me faithfully; their pay would not be much, but their high sense of duty would be a sufficient guarantee that they would fulfil the terms of the contract.

Outside the charmed circle of my society would be others eagerly pressing forward in the hope of sharing my favours; outside of these would be others again who would be forever seeking to wriggle themselves into the ranks of those in front of them, and so on, outward and downward, until we reach the deep ranks of the workers forever toiling and forever struggling merely to live, and with the hell of poverty forever threatening to engulf them. The hell of poverty, that outer realm of darkness where there is weeping and wading and gnashing of teeth - the social Gehenna, where the worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched - here is a whip more effective by far than the keenest lash of the chattel slave owner, urging them on by day, haunting their dreams by night, draining without stint the life blood from their veins, and pursuing them with relentless constancy to their graves. In the buoyancy of youth many would start full of hope and with high expectations; but, as they journeyed along, disappointment would follow disappointment, hope would gradually give place to despair, the promised cup of joy would be turned to bitterness, and the holiest affection would become a poisoned arrow quivering in the heart!

What a beautiful arrangement - ambition urging in front, want and the fear of want bringing up the rear! In the conflicting interests that would be involved, in the throat-cutting competition that would prevail, in the bitterness that would be engendered between man and man, husband and wife, father and son, I should, of course, have no part. There would be lying and cheating, harsh treatment by masters, dishonesty of servants, strikes and lockouts, assaults and intimidation, family feuds and interminable broils; but they would not concern Me. In the serene atmosphere of my earthly paradise I would be safe from all evil. I would feast on the daintiest of dishes, and sip wines of the choicest vintage; my gardens would have the most magnificent terraces and the finest walks. I would roam mid the umbrageous foliage of the trees, the blooming flowers, the warbling of birds, the jetting of fountains, and the splashing of pellucid waters. My palace would have its walls of alabaster and domes of crystal, there would be furniture of the most exquisite workmanship, carpets and hangings of the richest fabrics and finest textures, carvings and paintings that were miracles of art, vessels of gold and silver, gems of the purest ray glittering in their settings, the voluptuous strains of the sweetest music, the perfume of roses, the softest of couches, a horde of titled lackeys to come and go at my bidding, and a perfect galaxy of beauty to stimulate desire, and administer to my enjoyment. Thus would I pass the happy hours away, while throughout the world it would be a hallmark of respectability to extol my virtues, and anthems would be everywhere sung in praise.

Archimedes never dreamt of anything like that. Yet, with the earth for my fulcrum and its private ownership for my lever, it is all possible. If it should be said that the people would eventually detect the fraud, and with swift vengeance hurl me and all my courtly parasites to perdition, I answer, "Nothing of the kind, the people are as good as gold, and would stand it like bricks, and I appeal to the facts of today to bear me witness."

http://www.henrygeorge.org/archimedes.htm

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11411640 - 11/08/09 02:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

Youre kidding right? You have to be kidding. Almost every animal is territorial.:rolleyes: Please tell me you're kidding.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11411650 - 11/08/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ahimsa said:
Reminds me of the native Indians. They were totally surprised when people wanted to 'buy' the land from them at some point in time. They couldn't get the idea of 'owning' the land, because the land is just the land. It doesn't belong to anyone, it is there for everyone... go figure.

But still they defended intrusion onto their turf by warfare. :wink: They just didn't think someone could hold it without force or forever.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11411664 - 11/08/09 02:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

THE Native Indians? You speak as if they were a cohesive group.Do you know how many tribes their were and how their ideas differed?

Seems to me you are merely speaking of nomadic tribes. One tribe could not just wander into another's turf without retaliation. :nono:

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11411672 - 11/08/09 02:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, let me finish typing first so as not to make me look like a copycat! :mad:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11411689 - 11/08/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you'd quit playing on line poker and concentrate you might get there first.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#11411690 - 11/08/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

traviedigital said:
Quote:

Where is your evidence of this ?

Because I would venture a guess to say that there are many other animals in the kingdom that stake out their territories, the same was humans did.

Lions, tigers, panthers, many of the high ranking felines and "dog" (wolf, bear etc.) animals, do not just let anyone to "their" territory, used for housing, feeding, and raising their packs

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

learningtofly said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

Youre kidding right? You have to be kidding. Almost every animal is territorial.:rolleyes: Please tell me you're kidding.

Okay I thought the blatant sarcasm in my post was blatantly obvious but apparently not.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11411695 - 11/08/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you :heart: I was scared for a sec.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11411709 - 11/08/09 02:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Okay I thought the blatant sarcasm in my post was blatantly obvious but apparently not.

Your blatancy needs some work. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#11411781 - 11/08/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i thought :rolleyes: gave it away? :shrug:

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11411789 - 11/08/09 03:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Your assumptions need work :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#11411799 - 11/08/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I WILL NEVER WORK ON MY SHORTCOMINGS!

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11411807 - 11/08/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Your stubborness needs... ah, nevermind.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#11411867 - 11/08/09 03:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Another thought occurred to me:  The only animals that stake out individual territory are solitary hunters, such as Tigers.  Social animals, such as wolves, mark out territory for the group, and share that land in common.  So it's a bit of a curiosity that this trend would be bucked by the one animal that is so social that it invented complex languages from which to mark their territory with excretions of ink.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11411873 - 11/08/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

So it's a bit of a curiosity that this trend would be bucked by the one animal that is so social that it invented complex languages from which to mark their territory with excretions of ink.

Squid?

--------------------

InvisibleGlenners
Rhymenosaurus

#11412351 - 11/08/09 04:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The idea of owning a whole country is fucked up. Is there a place on the planet earth that isn't being controlled? It seems like some people just want to control everything, why can't be just live without the control hierarchy.

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

#11412364 - 11/08/09 04:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Theres a lot of fucked up things in the world and this is one.

--------------------

Edited by trip forever (11/08/09 04:37 PM)

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11412385 - 11/08/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Why can't we just stop asking rhetoricial questions?

--------------------

InvisibleGlenners
Rhymenosaurus

#11412414 - 11/08/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

why can't you stop being a dick

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11412440 - 11/08/09 04:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Glenners said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

Then make a post that has a shred of merit. And quit whining.:hissyfit:

--------------------

InvisibleGlenners
Rhymenosaurus

#11412481 - 11/08/09 04:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

Glenners said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

Then make a post that has a shred of merit. And quit whining.:hissyfit:

No one's forcing you to read this thread.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11412595 - 11/08/09 05:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

And no ones forcing you to whine.

--------------------

InvisibleGlenners
Rhymenosaurus

#11412645 - 11/08/09 05:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
And no ones forcing you to whine.

referring to what you are is not whining. /end

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11412672 - 11/08/09 05:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Actually it's flaming and something whiners do when they can handle someone else's response.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#11412775 - 11/08/09 05:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Glenners said:
The idea of owning a whole country is fucked up. Is there a place on the planet earth that isn't being controlled? It seems like some people just want to control everything, why can't be just live without the control hierarchy.

what is the difference between living on a piece of land and controlling that piece of land?

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#11413523 - 11/08/09 07:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Quote:

Glenners said:

what is the difference between living on a piece of land and controlling that piece of land?

Anyone who's ever rented an apartment should be able to answer that.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #11415164 - 11/08/09 10:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Did you know that you can own a number?

Windows XP is a single very long number about 5 billion digits long. And Microsoft owns it. :yesnod:

Same for music files, images, programs...

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Owning land [Re: Diploid]
    #11415576 - 11/08/09 11:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I would like to own,(69)!:bigblunt:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Owning land [Re: C.M. Mann]
    #11416072 - 11/09/09 01:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I took that one already. :seeya:

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

InvisibleLakefingers
    #11416739 - 11/09/09 04:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Did you know that you can own a number?

Windows XP is a single very long number about 5 billion digits long. And Microsoft owns it. :yesnod:

Same for music files, images, programs...

Not really. They'd have a hell of a time succeeding at suing me if I happened to produce that same number as the solution to a multiplication on a calculator and then wrote it down on a piece of paper.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #11416765 - 11/09/09 04:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Try selling a DVD containing the result of your math problem and see how fast you get sued. :yesnod:

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleLakefingers
    #11416795 - 11/09/09 04:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There's no point in selling it when you can just download it from or upload it to the internet without getting sued.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom