Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Herb Grinder, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletealeaf
Roots to the bone
 User Gallery

rue and fungi
    #11410016 - 11/08/09 10:46 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Ive been looking all morning for this post i found which laid everything out.

ive done this experiement before a long time ago. was going to eat 2g of cubes and 3g rue tea. i ate salami last night for dinner and havent eaten since then.

i know there are dietary suggestions for taking maoi's but i thought i remember someone saying that rue isnt as potent and is not something to worry about compared to perscribed maois? is this true and am i good to go ahead with my trip today?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemyceleus_rex
seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: alized
Re: rue and fungi [Re: tealeaf]
    #11410108 - 11/08/09 11:16 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I can't advise you on diet, but one thing I suggest to anyone messing with rue is to learn to do a simple Manske extraction. You can find info on erowid. This allows you to precipitate out the MAOIs. Rue has alot of other, not so nice things in it. It's been used to induce abortions.

--------------------
Cervantes' sclerotia thread    Citric's self-healing lid tek  Agar's Grain LC  Breaking Up Spawn Jars

World's Ugliest Cat?

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

Offlinegoodloco
10 yrs vac. from marihuana
Male

Loc: english speaking non-US
Re: rue and fungi [Re: myceleus_rex]
    #11410187 - 11/08/09 11:36 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

salami is some kind of raw meat preparation?

also strong red wine may contain tryptamines (cheap brands maybe don't contain much of it).

--------------------
Here try this new cigarette it's made from Nigerian locoweed and wild dagga; it will get you high and you get a free month at the bughouse.

Invisiblemyceleus_rex
seeker
Male User Gallery

Re: rue and fungi [Re: goodloco]
    #11410250 - 11/08/09 11:51 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

goodloco said:
salami is some kind of raw meat preparation?

also strong red wine may contain tryptamines (cheap brands maybe don't contain much of it).

It's not trypamines in the food that's an issue. It's the amino acid tyramine that can cause problems with MAOIs.

--------------------
Cervantes' sclerotia thread    Citric's self-healing lid tek  Agar's Grain LC  Breaking Up Spawn Jars

World's Ugliest Cat?

OfflineCosmicLion
Organical
 User Gallery

#11410266 - 11/08/09 11:55 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

tealeaf said:
i remember someone saying that rue isnt as potent and is not something to worry about compared to perscribed maois? is this true and am i good to go ahead with my trip today?

Sounds like some inaccurate generalized information.

Rue will kick your ASS if you don't prepare right. If you have had any alcohol in the last 24-48 hours, you can expect some really bad nausea and possibly puking.

If you ate any aged cheeses you can get a very nasty stomach ache.

If you have had a lot of caffeine you can get a SPLITTING headache along with nausea.

If you are taking any stimulants, opiates or barbiturates when you take Syrian Rue it is quite possible you could die.

Syrian Rue won't cause "serious" problems from JUST the diet perspective. You will definitely regret it though.

Trust me, I've been there. I am very experienced with Rue and on more then one occasion have gotten cocky and lax with the diet rules and EVERY time I end up miserable and puking.

Watch out for soy products, bananas, aged cheeses, old or raw fish, heavy red-meat steaks & any kind of drug (including caffeine, alcohol and cold medicines)

You should definitely lay off alcohol for 1 week before. Both rue and booze effect the GABA system in the brain and in very conflicting ways.

Booze + Rue = :puke:

Have fun dude, Syrian Rue is an amazing ally for mushrooms. Just follow the diet a couple days before and the day after and you will be set and clear!

No reason to risk otherwise, IMO.

--------------------
:peace:    :peace:

Earth's Essence

Invisiblemyceleus_rex
seeker
Male User Gallery

Re: rue and fungi [Re: CosmicLion]
    #11410319 - 11/08/09 12:09 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

...and if you have been on any SSRI drugs like Prozac, you need to be of them for a LONG time. You could die.

--------------------

World's Ugliest Cat?

Invisibletealeaf
Roots to the bone
 User Gallery

Re: rue and fungi [Re: myceleus_rex]
    #11411352 - 11/08/09 03:44 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Cosmic Lion you basically made the post i was looking for, right on!

thanks guys, i ended up skippin the rue and here i am watching my team win!

Offlineseeingthing
Stranger
    #11417690 - 11/09/09 12:05 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Perhaps consider selegiline in the future (very little dietary risk, etc). Keep in mind it will potentate the psilocybin/psilocin by 3-4 times. It's easy to order from India, etc. It also has neuroprotective effects, etc. It's also one of the few known drugs that actually increases the lifespan of animals (no kidding, read up on it). Read the following for general info: http://selegiline.com/

Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
Re: rue and fungi [Re: seeingthing]
    #11417776 - 11/09/09 12:21 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

i'm not really sure i see the motivation here. do you think that mushrooms are not powerful enough by themselves? why not just take more? i haven't found a ceiling where taking more won't have any added benefit, have you?

:2cents:

Edited by zombi (11/09/09 12:23 PM)

OfflineCosmicLion
Organical
 User Gallery

Re: rue and fungi [Re: zombi]
    #11419239 - 11/09/09 04:05 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zombi said:
i'm not really sure i see the motivation here. do you think that mushrooms are not powerful enough by themselves? why not just take more? i haven't found a ceiling where taking more won't have any added benefit, have you?

For me the experience is qualitatively different. I have more intricate and complex visuals with Rue & Mushrooms. I see more 'amazing' things and feel like it becomes much easier to get 'taken' to out-of-body wonderlands if I have had some rue.

I can also navigate a really strong trip (say 7g cubes worth of trippin) if I ate maybe 4g of cubes and 3g rue. The level of how "hard" I'm tripping may be the same but with the rue I can more easily maintain an intent and direction.

In addition I can focus on the space I'm in more. If I get lifted away to another immaterial realm on mushrooms I can, too easily, bring myself back with a quick thought. So much so that it can get hard to remain out-of-body.

I notice with rue I can stay in these places longer, I have more of a balanced reaction to what is happening. I don't instantly become overwhelmed or ecstatic and force myself back in to body. I can more easily go with the flow and travel further astral distances.

The effects of rue alone are pretty pronounced. For most circumstances I personally prefer the effects of rue in combination with mushrooms then just the mushrooms themselves.

I do like to eat just mushrooms though if I am going to be doing a lot of moving around trippin.

--------------------
:peace:    :peace:

Earth's Essence

Invisibletealeaf
Roots to the bone
 User Gallery

Re: rue and fungi [Re: CosmicLion]
    #11420757 - 11/09/09 07:56 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yea right on man. I ended up eating the fungi sans the rue and had a great time none the less. just wanted to explore with the rue and was wondering if i was in the right physical state to do so. decided i wasnt so i stuck with the fungi by itself

--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
    #11421449 - 11/09/09 09:31 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Some people aren't as negatively affected by a bad diet on harmalas.

Rue is pretty nasty though, and I don't like it much... though it has been an incredible ally in the past.

To prepare rue in a more aesthetically pleasing and less nauseating way, toast the seeds on a dry frying pan on low heat first. It's just like toasting pine nuts or almonds or something. Just toss them frequently, making sure all the seeds contact the pan and wait until they start to pop and smoke.

I then grind them coarsely in a coffee grinder and sift the powder through a fine metal strainer (for tea, or a splatter screen). The resulting reddish brown powder is an effective maoi at 1.5g. Depending on the sharpness of your coffee grinder blades, it could be a bit more potent.

THH and pure harmaline are easily available online, btw.

Offlineasagao
Stranger
Re: rue and fungi [Re: seeingthing]
    #11422776 - 11/09/09 11:58 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

seeingthing said:
Perhaps consider selegiline in the future (very little dietary risk, etc). Keep in mind it will potentate the psilocybin/psilocin by 3-4 times. It's easy to order from India, etc. It also has neuroprotective effects, etc. It's also one of the few known drugs that actually increases the lifespan of animals (no kidding, read up on it). Read the following for general info: http://selegiline.com/

a warning to anyone considering using selegiline, so you don't get surprised.

"If anyone is prescribed and takes selegiline, they can and will test positive for amphetamine/methamphetamine on most drug tests, however the prescription for selegine would explain why they test positive for amphetamine/methamphetamine."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selegiline

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Herb Grinder, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience