Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCapMeh
Talmud Burner
 User Gallery

Loc: The Holy Mountain
pan. subb honey jar tek Q&A
    #11409400 - 11/08/09 05:45 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I just tried to post this in mushroom cultivation but apparently I'm on the read only list :[
So I didn't know where to post it.. ill move it if this is a bad place or if theres a better one.

A few days ago I stumbled upon Subbedhunter420's pan subb grow guide (http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8565536#8565536)
and decided to start experimenting with the honey jar technique. This is what i have done so far.
I got two mason jars, both either a half gallon or a little less, filled them half way with water, put two table spoons of stater brothers honey in each, capped them and shook them till the honey was mixed in with the water. I then microwaved till they were nice and hot.
I allowed them to cool down to around 90 degrees, then went outside to the front and picked a few subbs, cut up the gills, threw em in one jar, closed the lid.
For the second jar, i had a canister with a good amount of spores that i had scraped from prints that i was going to re water my lawn with, but i thought this would be a better use. so i sprinkled them into the jar, covering the top later completely with spores and dried little subbs remains. I took them both, wrapped them in a blanket and put them in a hamper next to my bed. It is now a day and a half later and i just checked them. The only difference i see is a white foam that's on the top layer of the liquid which i don't believe is mycelium.

I took a look back at the guide but its very basic and doesn't go into detail, so here are my
unsure-ities/ questions.

What is the consistency of the liquid suppose to be? it is still very watery, not thick at all. most of the spores have ended up at the bottom of the second jar. The thought came into mind that Subbedhunter420 had a smaller jar in mind when he wrote the tek.

Am i suppose to shake the jars periodically? Does the colonization process need light at all? Where should i store these?

I understand that i wont get it right on the first try, it'll take patience and trial and error to see success, but if anyone has done this tek or has any knowledge to share, it would be much appreciated! Thanks everyone.

-capmeh

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemarkmckaytnt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: pan. subb honey jar tek Q&A [Re: CapMeh]
    #11409407 - 11/08/09 05:49 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

it will take about a week for the mycelium to germinate. Also make sure the ratio is 4 to 5 percent honey to 95 to 96 percent water. I have found amazing results with this honey water tek recently. Also make sure they are not above 80 degrees f

OfflineCapMeh
Talmud Burner
 User Gallery

Re: pan. subb honey jar tek Q&A [Re: markmckaytnt]
    #11411551 - 11/08/09 04:23 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Did you shake your jars at all?

--------------------

Offlinemarkmckaytnt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11432614 - 11/11/09 01:44 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Left then for 3 to 4 days. swirled jar. left about another 5 days then sucked in and out a sterile syringe. sucked up last time then inoculated jar. colonisation is fast and massive. keep excess honey water in fridge for no more than a month before using

OfflineCapMeh
Talmud Burner
 User Gallery

Re: pan. subb honey jar tek Q&A [Re: markmckaytnt]
    #11457125 - 11/15/09 01:08 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

hmmmmm, its been over a week and im not sure if i see any colonization of any kind, not even another type of mold. I was not sterile at all in my process except the microwaving the honey water. I also noticed that the jars are a bit cold when i check them. i have them rapped in blankets, in a hamper, next to my lizards cage that has a heat lamp on all day, yet they are still cool to the touch. is this preventing colonization?

thank you.

--------------------

OfflineCapMeh
Talmud Burner
 User Gallery

#11515063 - 11/23/09 11:48 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

well its been over two weeks and i see some white semen like collections at the bottom of the jar and floating around the jar. the white material is usually attatched to gills or whatever material i put in the jar. I cant tell if this is mycelium, another bacteria, or just the honey collecting. but once i moved the jars to a warmer place the white stuff appeard.

Any thoughts?

should i start over?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Community >> The Pub