Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCuriousDude88
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Holy Liquid Culture Batman
    #11335898 - 10/28/09 12:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So I have two half pint jars with about 250 ml of water/ 3% karo corn syrup mix....I inoculated one jar with 2cc's of Penis Envy spores and the other with 2cc's of cambodian spores...Its been a week or two now and although there are little strands of mycelium, i've failed to see a really really developed culture.  The jar resembles a snow globe when I shake it around but thats about it.

Can I still swirl the cultures up and make syringes out of them for use?  I've spent awhile waiting on these and this is my first attempt at liquid culture so I don't have much experience on this.

Also the jars are fairly clear, possibly due to using the light karo corn syrup but then again i'm a noob at this, anyone with experience wanna enlighten me with some knowledge?  I appreciate this

--------------------
Anything I say is creatively and totally fictional.  :laugh: :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNsomnia
Stranger

Re: Holy Liquid Culture Batman [Re: CuriousDude88]
    #11335939 - 10/28/09 12:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry to threar hijack but will a light malt extract or carmaized sugars make the mycellium look brown/yellow? I have the same snowglobe symdrome after 1.5 weeks but i used lme and its a light bornw color growth and lightbrown liquid.

Invisiblecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11335947 - 10/28/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I would give it more time. :shrug:

I know with karo it sticks to whatever I used to measure it with, so that lessens the amount, and you went with 3% which is probably ok, but 4% is the norm I think.

shake the jars daily, just be careful of it leaking out of the lid if you are using the plastic lids, or an upside down metal one.

--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

OfflinePsychedelicious
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: Holy Liquid Culture Batman [Re: Nsomnia]
    #11335952 - 10/28/09 12:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

To OP:

Your solution will look lighter than a honey LC due to the nature of the additive. However, it sounds about right - mine also took a while, but I'm starting to believe that batch of spores from the vendor I used was just a weak/slow germinating/colonizing bunch of the same strain. However, stick with it. You'll start to see it take off and if you don't agitate it often, it will form puff-balls of mycellium colonies, drifting about.

Broken up it should resemble a snow globe as you said. Let it thicken more until it becomes a lazy cloud of strands and whisps.

It should lighten up more as it continues to consume nutrients from the solution.

--------------------
<metatron> i dont think the surface area of a mushroom is quite ideal to administer psychoactive compounds anally

OfflineCuriousDude88
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Holy Liquid Culture Batman [Re: Psychedelicious]
    #11335981 - 10/28/09 12:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the tips you guys...i'm definitely seeing the puffballs of mycelium in the two jars.  I agitate them several times a day when I get the chance.  My only fault is I didn't put an agitator like a marble or glass in the jar before sterilizing. 

Can I make syringes and use them now?  Or do I need to let more mycelium develop?  Does the amount of mycelium make the difference in how fast a jar inoculated with LC colonizes?

--------------------
Anything I say is creatively and totally fictional.  :laugh: :mushroom2:

OfflineNsomnia
Stranger

#11409389 - 11/08/09 03:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes more mycellium means more growth points. Use at any time though.

Offlinemarkmckaytnt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11409455 - 11/08/09 04:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I found that after about a week of incubation that the LC starts turning to a yellowish tinge. No need to shake jars. Just take sterile syringe, suck up solution, squeeze back into jar. do this a few times then suck up solution and inoculate jars. Ive noticed that this solution sticks to side of jar a lot better and within 7 days you have about 80 percent colonisation. Works so quick that contams cant get a foothold. store excess solution in refridgerator for at most a month. hope this helps

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale