Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOldSkoolKid33
Old Skool
Male

A guide to the Solo ride.
    #11408683 - 11/08/09 01:38 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

This is just a mini guide of some things I have learned to make solo tripping safe, comfortable, and most of all fun as hell. So let's start with the most important thing first.Safety.

DO NOT'S

DO NOT go out alone at night or really even during the day. Find a comfortable preferably indoors place to be. Wandering a lone while tripping can lead to you getting lost. Especially out in nature. Nature trips are the best but going out alone can be very dangerous day and especially at night.

DO NOT trip alone unless you feel your in peak mental condition. You're going on intense mental journey alone. A clear mind leaves you a clear path. No life drama. No scary movies stuck in your head(Paranormal Activity running through my head totally ruined my trip)Clear head.Seriously.

DO NOT wing it. Have a plan all laid out. I like movies and gaming online with friends just make sure you know what you wanna do. But i'll cover that later.

Next are the do's.
DO exercise before you trip. I recommend finishing up an hour or so before you trip.This is because exercise releases all sorts of natural feel good chemicals like serotonin. Relieving stress physically from the body relieves it from the mind.Don't overdo it though. I like to hit a punching bad for like 10 rounds at 3mins a round.

DO have lots of fresh fruit. It's like having the best part of nature in doors. I like oranges personally. Plus they seem to "smooth" out my trip,and make it seem "clearer".

DO have a fall back plan.You wanna trip alone but make sure you have a buddy on call who is sober and you can call if you do freak out. A lot of the time talking to a buddy can mellow you out.Specially if you freak out about being alone in genereal.

A few solo road guides that I use.

The Disney mix.

I love disney movies let me tell you and I have found the perfect solo set to watch with a nifty surprise i am sure a lot of you know of but will be awesome to those who haven't seen it yet. Watch these movies in this order.

1. Aladin. Watch it to "tune" your trip in. Classic any one should love.

2.Alice on the wall. This is Alice in wonderland synced with pink floyds the wall. Syncs up better the the wizard of oz with darkside of the moon.The opening to in the flesh should start right when The title screen "alice in wonderland" pops up. I recommend head phones and ipod as it's easier to sync. harder to pause and resync though.You should be peaking on your trip for this one and trust me, it's a ride.

3. The lion king 1 1/2. Thats right a direct to dvd one. Trust me lush colors great comedy and top notch voice acting. The lady who does marge simpson play timones mom. Classic. only good disney sequel i've seen yet.

4. The Incredibles. Nice way to finally come down off it all and pass out. The switch in animation also makes things seem super surreal. Hard to explain just try it.

That's a good 8 hours of magical viewing that will totally blow your mind.There are other things to do besides watch movies but I'll post my other ideas if people try this and like it. Lemme know if you have any soloing tips too. Thanx for reading.

--------------------
I died once....and I'll do it again too..

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: A guide to the Solo ride. [Re: OldSkoolKid33]
    #11408708 - 11/08/09 01:45 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

everything u mentioned is good except the very first thing.

to be truly free is to not have to worry about anything. if u get lost thats the price u pay. suck it up and enjoy nature. get lost in it. respect it and respect the drugs and itll help u find ur way home.

everytime ive ever tripped outside mos tof the time its been already in the complete middle of nowhere and alone. if i get lost i just talk to nature. hell im tripping so why not? i always find my way back.

hell if that doesnt work bring bright yellow like markers. something youll notice. my buddy when he goes out alone hell just make arrows everywhere he goes pointing int he opposite directions like a path with sticks from trees. every like 30 ft hell put one. in conenction. every 30ft u come to a new one. ull be fine. just dont trip at night alone unless u have done it b4 and are fine.

--------------------

OfflineOldSkoolKid33
Old Skool
Male

Re: A guide to the Solo ride. [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11408730 - 11/08/09 01:53 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

True but this is for people who haven't solo tripped at all before. So i would recommend staying inside the first time just to see how you react to tripping alone. As freaking out outside can lead to you running into god knows what if you loose track of where you are.

--------------------
I died once....and I'll do it again too..

Offlineiluvfungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: A guide to the Solo ride. [Re: OldSkoolKid33]
    #11408987 - 11/08/09 03:06 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

I don't agree with your guide. Here are my points.

Trip alone only if you've tripped with friends several times; after x times tripping with friends, it is much easier to handle a trip alone. T

If you are tripping hardcore, I recommend you start early in the day. Why? Because if you trip at night, then the trip lasts 8+ hours you often become physically and mentally exhausted and the trip isn't fun anymore. Also tripping during the day has some cool visuals, then it becomes night and the visuals are different.

If you are comfortable with yourself, I find the best trips are strait up walking during the day. If you can do it in a city even better, people are awesome to look at sober, let alone high.

I wouldn't drive if I were you. Driving tripping ass is highly dangerous.

Have weed. Sometimes trips get lame and weed almost always helps.

Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Loc: Land of the Ice and Snow Flag
Re: A guide to the Solo ride. [Re: iluvfungi]
    #11409013 - 11/08/09 03:15 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Always make sure you have essentials with you if your going outside. Nothing is worse then a dry mouth and being too scared to ask for some water.

Isolation. This is more for an intense mindfuck then ensuring a good trip. I find isolating yourself from words and language can make you drift into an intense mental trip.

--------------------
14:31

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: A guide to the Solo ride. [Re: smack]
    #11409217 - 11/08/09 04:21 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

For a first time solo, I think those are pretty good.

Maybe tack in a trip during the day part.

Make the "going outdoors" a bit more optional..... like if they feel confident, take a short walk with a DEFINED intent of return. You could probably say that better in more normal huamn terms. :cool:

OfflineSpaced_Cowboy
Stranger

Re: A guide to the Solo ride. [Re: Shad0w]
    #11409256 - 11/08/09 04:32 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

My first trip ever was solo and outside, great trip until i had horrible dry mouth and had to go to 5 stores before i was confident to actually buy a drink, was pretty funny but I had some pretty bad vibes for the next couple hours.

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: A guide to the Solo ride. [Re: Spaced_Cowboy]
    #11411028 - 11/08/09 02:41 PM (8 years, 11 days ago)

the one thing i worry about the most while tripping outside is getting to my destination. im on the road travelin frequently so im pretty used to it, but i always wonder "Does it look like im walking normal? will the passerbys think im on anything?"

if this problem becauses bigger than normal ill just wait till i have the security of already being at my destination, then ill dose. if your going outside, try to have a very large wide expanse of land you can get lost in for the entire extent of the trip. this way you dont get bored and start wandering back into public while tripping still if your worried about acting "normal".

best advice i can give is just take a trip. i myself travel around the usa and canada daily by riding the rails and hitchhiking, and the one thing that ppl always gree on me with (the hippies and stoners i meet, both traveling and not) is bring a backpack with the basics. a small tent u know? small sleeping bag. something u can hide in the backpack even. then go wander off somewhere in nature wher eno one can bother u and take a trip of trips, trip every day for a week. :laugh: ull fall in love with nature like you were the jungle boy.

--------------------

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#11411098 - 11/08/09 02:56 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

whatdidusay said:
......... take a trip of trips, trip every day for a week. :laugh: ull fall in love with nature like you were the jungle boy.

LoL

That sounds like so much fun! :mushroom2:

OfflineSpaced_Cowboy
Stranger

#11411556 - 11/08/09 04:24 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

whatdidusay said:
the one thing i worry about the most while tripping outside is getting to my destination. im on the road travelin frequently so im pretty used to it, but i always wonder "Does it look like im walking normal? will the passerbys think im on anything?"

if this problem becauses bigger than normal ill just wait till i have the security of already being at my destination, then ill dose. if your going outside, try to have a very large wide expanse of land you can get lost in for the entire extent of the trip. this way you dont get bored and start wandering back into public while tripping still if your worried about acting "normal".

best advice i can give is just take a trip. i myself travel around the usa and canada daily by riding the rails and hitchhiking, and the one thing that ppl always gree on me with (the hippies and stoners i meet, both traveling and not) is bring a backpack with the basics. a small tent u know? small sleeping bag. something u can hide in the backpack even. then go wander off somewhere in nature wher eno one can bother u and take a trip of trips, trip every day for a week. :laugh: ull fall in love with nature like you were the jungle boy.

I'm heading up to Algonquin park on Monday for a week camping trip with a buddy hoping to score some mush or something psychedelic Before I head.

OfflineBugs
Zenmaster
Male User Gallery

Re: A guide to the Solo ride. [Re: Spaced_Cowboy]
    #11411719 - 11/08/09 04:53 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

The solo thing is Not for everyone, I think its Great to be alone with ones own mind,compared to somebody just rambling on and on about nothing.

--------------------
Persuade thyself that imperfection and inconvenience are the natural lot of mortals, and there will be no room for discontent, neither for despair. Ieyasu Tokugawa

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Pink Floyd

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience