Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineklondike_bar
Trekker
Male User Gallery

Whats up with this tolerance?
    #11408459 - 11/07/09 10:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have a strange tolerance to most psychedelics, that seems to almost have become higher with time.

about 2 years ago, i had 2 very intense mushroom trips with doses of 2.4 and 3.3 grams, the last one putting me off of psychedelics for almost a year.

I then tried several research chemicals (2C-E, 2C-I, and 2C-T-2), requiring doses between 22-28mg to achieve an experience less intense than my friends when given only 18-20mg.

Ive now returned to mushrooms, but have only had mild experiences with my homegrown shrooms. the most recent dose was 5.5g of dried mushrooms (ecuador cubensis), which only put me in a mildly overwhelmed, spaced mindset. meanwhile a friend tried mushrooms for the first time (same batch) at a dose of 1.8g, and was blown away by the experience.

I always wait a minimum of 2 weeks between trips, and in the most recent case, it was close to a month since i last took 2C-I. Is it possible to be naturally tolerant like this? I am in good shape, and have a relatively strong metabolism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMedullaOblangata
Stranger
Re: Whats up with this tolerance? [Re: klondike_bar]
    #11408681 - 11/07/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Everybody's brain chemistry is different, I'm guessing you just have a naturally high tolerance to psychedelics although it's strange that a few years ago you didn't.

Some people have a high tolerance for opiates, some for psychedelics, etc.

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Whats up with this tolerance? [Re: klondike_bar]
    #11409297 - 11/08/09 02:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yes, it can happen. i too am amazingly tolerant to just about anything. high doses of quality acid = mediocre level tripping. 20mg of 2c-i with no visuals. both of the above chemicals were quality tested across 10 people, all glowing experiences. could go on and on with the list but im sure you get the idea.

wish i had some advice for ya, but i dont. i just stick to the drugs that work well for me at that current chemical balance in my life. for me its not psychedelics at this point.

--------------------

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Whats up with this tolerance? [Re: dysphoria]
    #11409309 - 11/08/09 02:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've got a natural tolerance to psychedellics, a friend of mine does also. I've always had it though, and its been consistent.

So you only noticed a tolerance after your intense trip and hiatus?

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Whats up with this tolerance? [Re: day_tripper]
    #11409502 - 11/08/09 04:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

concider potentcy of your dr00gz? mabye the stuff you've gotten in the past was just more diesel:shrug:

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Offlineklondike_bar
Trekker
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats up with this tolerance? [Re: Salomon]
    #11410335 - 11/08/09 10:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i thought my mushrooms may be of lower potency due to my lower reactions, and a friend confirmed that it was a relatively weak experience when we both took 3.5g at burning man (but in retrospect, none of my drugs were very effective in the desert. maybe the heat or altitude or alcohol made it more difficult?)

the fact that this week my BIG friend was able to trip much harder then me on less than 1/2 the dose of the same batch is very strange though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate