Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedankster
Stranger
headache after trying to trip with the left side of my brain
    #11407417 - 11/07/09 07:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A few weeks ago, I heard that while tripping, you use the right side of your brain. 

This afternoon, while lying in the creekbed behind my house enjoying some pretty CEVs, I could really feel the trip originating from the right side of my brain.  I had heard that you can train yourself to trip with the left side of your brain, so I decided to give it a try.  Through concentrating, I was able to achieve this.  The harder I concentrated in the left side of my brain, the more equally I was able to "distribute the trip".  I tried this for a while, and it made my head hurt.  The harder I tried, the more my head hurt.  Eventually, I remembered that my friend also told me that it can be dangerous to do this if you don't know what you are doing.  In my tripping state, I was imagining brain cells being strained, overheating, and dieing.  I immediately stopped, but my headache persisted.  It is now about 3 hours later, and I still have a headache.  I imagine  that I probably did some damage, but I doubt that it was too much. 

Does anyone have any experience transferring the trip to the left side of your brain?  What are your thoughts on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOttoGenerated
Stranger

Re: headache after trying to trip with the left side of my brain [Re: dankster]
    #11407464 - 11/07/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I highly doubt you did any damage to your brain, and would need sources before I changed my opinion.

Anyway, why would you want to use your left brain? Feeling at one with everything is much more pleasant than meticulously archiving minutiae, in fact that's why I take psychedelics to shut down my overactive left brain and just let myself be.

OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

Re: headache after trying to trip with the left side of my brain [Re: OttoGenerated]
    #11407493 - 11/07/09 08:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have never seen a conclusive study that shows that you only use the right side of your brain during a trip. If there is one I would love to hear about it.

InvisibleKnobby Tops
Psychonaut

Re: headache after trying to trip with the left side of my brain [Re: EdgeChaos]
    #11407528 - 11/07/09 08:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I totally agree... I think that also has something to do with lucid dreaming... because when you are lucid dreaming, one half of your brain is in deep sleep while the other half of your brain is conscious, allowing you to have a lucid dream... ever since I started studying and practicing lucid dreaming techiniques a few years ago, I noticed that my trips have been a little different... right and left brain differences might account for this?

OfflineOttoGenerated
Stranger

Re: headache after trying to trip with the left side of my brain [Re: Knobby Tops]
    #11407559 - 11/07/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Don't have one. Sorry if I'm spreading misinformation. I just know that the right brain lives in the now while the left is busy writing everything down, and that tripping makes me feel more in the now.

This is semi-pertinent, entertaining, interesting, and really just fucking cool:
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

Offlinedankster
Stranger
Re: headache after trying to trip with the left side of my brain [Re: OttoGenerated]
    #11407821 - 11/07/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OttoGenerated said:
Anyway, why would you want to use your left brain?

As a thought experiment.

Quote:

EdgeChaos said:
I have never seen a conclusive study that shows that you only use the right side of your brain during a trip. If there is one I would love to hear about it.

Although I cant produce a study, I felt 100% certain that I was using the right side of my brain.  My friend who was telling me this is a licensed hypnotherapist, a cognitive science major at Penn State, and he has tripped more than anyone I have ever met in my life, so I tend to trust his knowledge.  However, I also would like to see a study and learn more about this.

Jump to top Pages: 1