Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Search for pot ends with meth lab bust
    #11397268 - 11/06/09 11:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Search for pot ends with meth lab bust

By Michelle Rindels
Staff Writer,
Department of Justice officials were busy Thursday disposing of chemicals from a meth lab discovered by accident at a North San Juan residence.

The Nevada County Narcotics Task Force was serving a warrant for marijuana cultivation on Wednesday when they found a large stock of drugs, more than $100,000 in cash and high-powered weapons at a property on the 28000 block of Highway 49, sheriff's officials said.

“You never know what you're going to walk into,” said sheriff's Capt. Jeff Powell, who said they might have brought a specially armed team had they known about the cache of weapons.

Property owner Clifford Josef Young, 69, and his commonlaw wife Kathleen Marie Dockstader, 53, were booked into the county jail on numerous drug-related charges. They were later released on $50,000 bonds.

The suspects, who were longtime residents of the property, did not resist arrest, said county Sheriff's Capt. Jeff Powell. No criminal cases for either suspect were on file at the Nevada County Superior Court.

A half pound of meth and 60 pounds of trimmed marijuana were at the house. Narcotics officers also found chemicals and equipment for meth production, including ephedrine, glassware, heating elements, scales and packaging materials.

Several people were at the property trimming marijuana plants for $60 per hour. Police detained, identified and released them.

Among the other findings were pay-owe sheets, other peoples' prescription medications, and hallucinogenic mushrooms.

“This thing just keeps getting bigger and bigger,” Powell said.

Several years have passed since authorities have busted a meth manufacturing operation in the area, a change that's happened over the past 20 years as meth production shifts to Mexico.

“When I first started, they were blowing up all over the place,” Powell said.

He emphasized that county narcotics officials “are not concerned with backyard marijuana growers. We're interested in the people with these commercial operations on public and private lands” who pose a threat to neighbors and recreationists who may stumble upon their fields.

http://www.theunion.com/article/20091106/NEWS/911059953/1053/RSS

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Search for pot ends with meth lab bust [Re: motaman]
    #11397789 - 11/06/09 12:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
He emphasized that county narcotics officials �are not concerned with backyard marijuana growers. We're interested in the people with these commercial operations on public and private lands� who pose a threat to neighbors and recreationists who may stumble upon their fields.
http://www.theunion.com/article/20091106/NEWS/911059953/1053/RSS

I've been thinking about it for a while now... I just can't seem to figure out how growing a plant is dangerous.  Can someone help fill me in here?

InvisibleBEEP
Re: Search for pot ends with meth lab bust [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #11397843 - 11/06/09 12:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The plant isn't dangerous it's the people.

Offlinemyco99
myconade
Male User Gallery

Loc: USS Eldridge
Re: Search for pot ends with meth lab bust [Re: BEEP]
    #11398430 - 11/06/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah the commercial growing done in hidden areas is sometimes trapped, at least according to reports.

--------------------
143/0x63/99...It's like watching the mycelium grow...
WARNING: You must be 21 years of age to experience hallucinations.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Search for pot ends with meth lab bust [Re: motaman]
    #11398938 - 11/06/09 02:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:coaster: oh yeah tonz of dr00gz being made 2 bad it wuz shut down. total full scale dr00gz faktory oh yeah

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Offlinesmokescreen
80's Transformer
Male User Gallery

Loc: north carolina
Re: Search for pot ends with meth lab bust [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #11399892 - 11/06/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

He emphasized that county narcotics officials “are not concerned with backyard marijuana growers

awesome, looks like I'm moving there he he...

--------------------
:ganja: "Let's get together and feel alright" :ganja:                  :cubie: :mushroom2::tripping:

OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
Re: Search for pot ends with meth lab bust [Re: smokescreen]
    #11401786 - 11/06/09 11:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Half a pound of meth? And guns? You can bet your ass I wouldn't be showing up for court if I made bail.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Search for pot ends with meth lab bust [Re: Brennus]
    #11406361 - 11/07/09 05:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

if you
Quote:

Brennus said:
Half a pound of meth? And guns? You can bet your ass I wouldn't be showing up for court if I made bail.

if you look at the DEA's website and notice how many fugitives there are, and most of them simply go back to mexico because its not like they cant just be like "okay, the meff paid for me to get out and now i just come back here and keep my ass here"

so they just leave the country :shrug:

they make these arrests and what would you do if you werent even a citizen of the country in which you where arrested?

you would probably just leave and not come back, unless its murder its hard to get anyone sent back from mexico or a lot of places :shrug:

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
Re: Search for pot ends with meth lab bust [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #11406773 - 11/07/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cannabischarlie said:
if you
Quote:

Brennus said:

if you look at the DEA's website and notice how many fugitives there are, and most of them simply go back to mexico because its not like they cant just be like "okay, the meff paid for me to get out and now i just come back here and keep my ass here"

so they just leave the country :shrug:

they make these arrests and what would you do if you werent even a citizen of the country in which you where arrested?

you would probably just leave and not come back, unless its murder its hard to get anyone sent back from mexico or a lot of places :shrug:

Yeah, it happens all the time. Cartels (Asian and Mexican, usually) put up someone in the country illegally to run a grow house or move weight on this side of the border. If they get busted, someone posts bail and they're never seen again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom