Home | Community | Message Board


Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWrekstar
Mr
Male

Registered: 09/09/09
Posts: 228
Last seen: 5 years, 7 months
Ever tried toad venom ?
    #11404134 - 11/07/09 01:31 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

just wanted to know has anyone tried or heard of experiences from toad venom
and if so how are you supposed to use it ?
smoke it and how ?

thanks


--------------------
The Dutch Health Ministry said: "The use of magic mushrooms has hallucinogenic effects.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male


Registered: 06/08/09
Posts: 371
Last seen: 6 years, 4 months
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: Wrekstar]
    #11404145 - 11/07/09 01:33 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Extract from the toad (squeeze glands) and collect. Dry it, smoke it like crack.

Or check Erowid.


--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWrekstar
Mr
Male

Registered: 09/09/09
Posts: 228
Last seen: 5 years, 7 months
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: kydelic]
    #11404157 - 11/07/09 01:34 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

oh


--------------------
The Dutch Health Ministry said: "The use of magic mushrooms has hallucinogenic effects.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline2Cents
Mushie Friend
Male


Registered: 12/04/08
Posts: 4,364
Loc: PNW
Last seen: 4 months, 24 days
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: Wrekstar]
    #11404211 - 11/07/09 01:40 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

its called DMT


--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery


Registered: 07/10/09
Posts: 6,048
Loc: 805 Saint Cloud Road Mars
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: 2Cents]
    #11404224 - 11/07/09 01:41 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i started a thread like this a while ago....

but yea..just get some DMT.

you can actually buy the toads online..!


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline2Cents
Mushie Friend
Male


Registered: 12/04/08
Posts: 4,364
Loc: PNW
Last seen: 4 months, 24 days
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11404255 - 11/07/09 01:45 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

step one: buy toad
step  two: love toad
step three: wait till toad matures
step four: milk toads vemom glands
step five: dry venom
step six: smoke dryed DMT(venom)


http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com/colorado-river-toad-p-368.html


--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery


Registered: 07/10/09
Posts: 6,048
Loc: 805 Saint Cloud Road Mars
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: 2Cents]
    #11404276 - 11/07/09 01:47 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

yea man but that just seems wrong and odd for some reason...


hey man...i just got some dank toads in the mail..you wanna get high?


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline2Cents
Mushie Friend
Male


Registered: 12/04/08
Posts: 4,364
Loc: PNW
Last seen: 4 months, 24 days
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11404302 - 11/07/09 01:49 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think of psychedelics as "getting high" its a insightful and mindful experience for me.

On a side note: you have to squeeze the glads rather hard and it may seam like your hurting the toad but it doesn't hurt them so don't worry, just don't milk em to often.


--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male


Registered: 06/08/09
Posts: 371
Last seen: 6 years, 4 months
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: 2Cents]
    #11404351 - 11/07/09 01:54 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

The venom isn't DMT (n,n-DMT), it's 5-MeO-DMT (and some bufotenin). For comparison psilocybin is O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, and psilocin is 4-HO-DMT.


--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography


Edited by kydelic (11/07/09 01:55 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline2Cents
Mushie Friend
Male


Registered: 12/04/08
Posts: 4,364
Loc: PNW
Last seen: 4 months, 24 days
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: kydelic]
    #11404377 - 11/07/09 01:56 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I understand that the chemical structures are different but the abbreviation is still DMT, I supposes I should have clarified that, my bad and thank you kydelic for clearing that up. I am un familiar with the differences in effect from the two chemicals, whats the comparison?


--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 12/11/07
Posts: 29,395
Loc: Columbus OH Flag
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: 2Cents]
    #11404390 - 11/07/09 01:58 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: @ copious amounts of noobs most likely in the age range of 15-18


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male


Registered: 06/08/09
Posts: 371
Last seen: 6 years, 4 months
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: 2Cents]
    #11404403 - 11/07/09 01:59 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

They're just different chemicals but with a DMT base, it's no good to mix them up, active doses are quite different, they look different, and the effects are similar, but still have some subtle differences.

For toad venom I usually say methoxy DMT, and by the way bufotenin is 5-OH-DMT (5 hydroxy dimethyltryptamine). I've not had the pleasure of sampling any of these, but according to TIKHAL and erowid, there are quite a few differences, an important one being that n,n-DMT is endogenous to humans, while 5-MeO-DMT is not.


--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline2Cents
Mushie Friend
Male


Registered: 12/04/08
Posts: 4,364
Loc: PNW
Last seen: 4 months, 24 days
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11404404 - 11/07/09 01:59 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
:lol: @ copious amounts of noobs most likely in the age range of 15-18



fuck I'm figured out!

but in all seriousness Im pretty sure that the info I posted is correct....:shrug:


--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 12/11/07
Posts: 29,395
Loc: Columbus OH Flag
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: 2Cents]
    #11404422 - 11/07/09 02:02 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

kydelic is right, except subtle is a bad word to describe the differences (in the experience)


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline2Cents
Mushie Friend
Male


Registered: 12/04/08
Posts: 4,364
Loc: PNW
Last seen: 4 months, 24 days
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11404436 - 11/07/09 02:04 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

this is why I love the shroomery, I learn things every day. thanks guys


--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery


Registered: 07/10/09
Posts: 6,048
Loc: 805 Saint Cloud Road Mars
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: kydelic]
    #11404448 - 11/07/09 02:05 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kydelic said:
They're just different chemicals but with a DMT base, it's no good to mix them up, active doses are quite different, they look different, and the effects are similar, but still have some subtle differences.

For toad venom I usually say methoxy DMT, and by the way bufotenin is 5-OH-DMT (5 hydroxy dimethyltryptamine). I've not had the pleasure of sampling any of these, but according to TIKHAL and erowid, there are quite a few differences, an important one being that n,n-DMT is endogenous to humans, while 5-MeO-DMT is not.




:thumbup:


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemataylor
Traveler


Registered: 04/10/09
Posts: 163
Loc: my/your mind
Last seen: 3 years, 11 months
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: 2Cents]
    #11404619 - 11/07/09 02:33 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kydelic said:
The venom isn't DMT (n,n-DMT), it's 5-MeO-DMT (and some bufotenin). For comparison psilocybin is O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, and psilocin is 4-HO-DMT.



Quote:

2Cents said:
I understand that the chemical structures are different but the abbreviation is still DMT, I supposes I should have clarified that, my bad and thank you kydelic for clearing that up. I am un familiar with the differences in effect from the two chemicals, whats the comparison?





Just so you know, the difference is not trivial. smoking/vaporizing some n,n-DMT is INCREDIBLY DIFFERENT than the experience from that of 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenin. With n,n-DMT you can go beyond the dazzling visual displays and leave your physical body behind to travel the cosmos and consciousness. 5-Meo is like being hit in the face with a psychedelic Louisville Slugger a billion times a second.

compared to the alien and transcendental experience ofpure n,n-DMT; 5-MeO-DMT is utter belligerent psychedelia


--------------------
Dont take my demons away, my angels may flee too.

fuck it dude, lets go bowling.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline2Cents
Mushie Friend
Male


Registered: 12/04/08
Posts: 4,364
Loc: PNW
Last seen: 4 months, 24 days
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: mataylor]
    #11404712 - 11/07/09 02:46 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mataylor said:
Quote:

kydelic said:
The venom isn't DMT (n,n-DMT), it's 5-MeO-DMT (and some bufotenin). For comparison psilocybin is O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, and psilocin is 4-HO-DMT.



Quote:

2Cents said:
I understand that the chemical structures are different but the abbreviation is still DMT, I supposes I should have clarified that, my bad and thank you kydelic for clearing that up. I am un familiar with the differences in effect from the two chemicals, whats the comparison?





Just so you know, the difference is not trivial. smoking/vaporizing some n,n-DMT is INCREDIBLY DIFFERENT than the experience from that of 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenin. With n,n-DMT you can go beyond the dazzling visual displays and leave your physical body behind to travel the cosmos and consciousness. 5-Meo is like being hit in the face with a psychedelic Louisville Slugger a billion times a second.

compared to the alien and transcendental experience ofpure n,n-DMT; 5-MeO-DMT is utter belligerent psychedelia



thank you this definitely explained what I wanted to know.


--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male


Registered: 06/08/09
Posts: 371
Last seen: 6 years, 4 months
Re: Ever tried toad venom ? [Re: mataylor]
    #11406552 - 11/07/09 07:39 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mataylor said:
Quote:

kydelic said:
The venom isn't DMT (n,n-DMT), it's 5-MeO-DMT (and some bufotenin). For comparison psilocybin is O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, and psilocin is 4-HO-DMT.



Quote:

2Cents said:
I understand that the chemical structures are different but the abbreviation is still DMT, I supposes I should have clarified that, my bad and thank you kydelic for clearing that up. I am un familiar with the differences in effect from the two chemicals, whats the comparison?





Just so you know, the difference is not trivial. smoking/vaporizing some n,n-DMT is INCREDIBLY DIFFERENT than the experience from that of 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenin. With n,n-DMT you can go beyond the dazzling visual displays and leave your physical body behind to travel the cosmos and consciousness. 5-Meo is like being hit in the face with a psychedelic Louisville Slugger a billion times a second.

compared to the alien and transcendental experience ofpure n,n-DMT; 5-MeO-DMT is utter belligerent psychedelia




Thanks for the clarification, as I said I haven't been able to try any of them, good to hear better experience than what I could glean from some experience reports.


--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bufo Alvarius Toad Venom Aildcrazyjap 668 0 05/09/09 04:16 PM
by Aildcrazyjap
* Toad Venom
( 1 2 all )
jccc 2,761 33 04/09/07 02:50 PM
by Mastamike1118
* Bufotenin- Lick toads to trip out
( 1 2 all )
ConstantlyBored 4,697 21 12/21/06 02:25 PM
by myCo_psyCo
* mah cane toad fatso 4,750 15 05/19/09 06:10 PM
by Nature Boy
* toad mucus andresq45 653 3 03/06/08 07:45 AM
by DimensionX
* bufotenine!
( 1 2 all )
Sophistic Radiance 5,767 20 05/20/08 11:36 PM
by MYSTIQUE
* Toad licking?
( 1 2 all )
GypsyGia 2,208 26 07/21/08 05:36 PM
by Diaboleros
* Anyone ever find/catch a bufo marinus toad in Florida? hightimesreader 2,630 18 11/22/07 08:17 PM
by Robo Shaman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, sui, karode13
928 topic views. 9 members, 328 guests and 24 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.046 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 19 queries.