Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Not political?
    #11404096 - 11/07/09 01:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Au contraire, mon Pris.  It was very much political:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YjVmN2E4MjQwZTZkMDgyNTZiMTIxNzhjYzcxZTAxNzI=&w=MQ==

Quote:

In the New York Times, Maria Newman touched on Hasan’s faith only obliquely: “He was single, according to the records, and he listed no religious preference.” Thank goodness for that, eh? A neighbor in Texas says the major had “Allah” and “another word” pinned up in Arabic on his door. “Akbar” maybe? On Thursday morning he is said to have passed out copies of the Koran to his neighbors. He shouted in Arabic as he fired. But don’t worry: As the FBI spokesman assured us in nothing flat, there’s no terrorism angle.

That’s true, in a very narrow sense: Major Hasan is not a card-carrying member of the Texas branch of al-Qaeda reporting to a control officer in Yemen or Waziristan. If he were, things would be a lot easier. But the pathologies that drive al-Qaeda beat within Major Hasan too, and in the end his Islamic impulses trumped his expensive Western education, his psychiatric training, his military discipline — his entire American identity. One might say the same about Faleh Hassan Almaleki of Glendale, Ariz., arrested last week after fatally running over his “too Westernized” daughter Noor in the latest American honor killing. Or the two U.S. residents — one American, one Canadian — arrested a few days earlier for plotting to fly to Denmark for the purposes of murdering the editor who commissioned the famous Mohammed cartoons. But Noor Almaleki’s brother shrugs that’s just the way it is. “One thing to one culture doesn’t make sense to another culture,” he says.

Not political?  I'll tell you what's political.  What's political is the idiotic adherence to the notion that he was somehow immune to suspicion because he was of the same religion as the by far largest group of religion based terrorist.  No profiling allowed, folks.  There was nothing to see in his paeans to Islamic beheadings of infidels.  Move along, move along.
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/11/major-muslim-hasan-harangued-the-doctors-and-staff-about-what-the-quran-taught-about-nonbelievers-go.html
Quote:

Listen to a  psychiatrist’s recollection of a lecture Hasan gave (a “grand round” is the term for it) when he was a medical resident at Walter Reed. “It freaked them out.” Normally, a lecturer focuses on a particular disease or disorder and recent research or treatment options. Instead, Hasan reportedly harangued the doctors and staff about what the Quran taught about non-believers going to hell, being scalded, beheaded, etc. A Muslim psychiatrist in the audience reportedly challenged him about his interpretation of the Quran, but he would not back down (because he was right) . Another version of the story I heard quoted a source as saying that several in the audience suggested afterward that Hasan might be a shooter someday.

13 dead and 30 wounded because of a false notion of political correctness and misguided tolerance of intolerance.  I hope the ACLU is proud.

Lock this one, thought cop.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSimplicitry
Just another mushroom lover
Male

Re: Not political? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11404374 - 11/07/09 01:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I actually just started another post about this because I didn't see that you already had.

Sorry about that.

You are definitly correct about this being a political discussion. They are trying to stifle conversation on the matter because his Mulsim faith. While it's not anywhere near surprising that a Muslim would carry out an attack against U.S. Military interests. It is to contraversial for some on the left who like to paint an unrealistic picture of how Muslims feel toward our western culture

--------------------

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I think we should cut all the social parasites from their welfare checks. Then they will either find a means to support themselves or starve to death, either of wich is good for the economy and society.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

"Islam in a man is worse then rabies in a dog"

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#11404416 - 11/07/09 02:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

"They don't have to burn the books they just remove em" -Bulls on Parade, RATM

(Or send them to the pub like my thread on the situation).

Of course it's political. Painfully stubborn mods we have here.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Not political? [Re: Simplicitry]
    #11404446 - 11/07/09 02:05 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Simplicitry said:
I actually just started another post about this because I didn't see that you already had.

Sorry about that.

You are definitly correct about this being a political discussion. They are trying to stifle conversation on the matter because his Mulsim faith. While it's not anywhere near surprising that a Muslim would carry out an attack against U.S. Military interests. It is to contraversial for some on the left who like to paint an unrealistic picture of how Muslims feel toward our western culture

Don't be stupid.  The mod who locked it isn't leftist. He just believed that it was not a political topic.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Not political? [Re: Redstorm]
    #11404543 - 11/07/09 02:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

He is also an Arabist Islam apologist.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11404566 - 11/07/09 02:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds like some powerful rhetoric to me. What do you even mean by Arabist?

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #11404577 - 11/07/09 02:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I dont see the difference between demonizing islam and what the way the nazis portrayed jews. The demonization of jews was used to kill them and the demonization of muslims is used to get Americans to support the killing of them overseas. The violence in the middle east and related to the middle east is not related to islam. It is related to issues relating to politics.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #11404606 - 11/07/09 02:30 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

by request

what makes it political... you do

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion