Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

2 grows, same strain... two different looking mushrooms.
    #11403779 - 11/07/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OK. As u guys can probably tell by now, i like posting lots of pics LOL!  :vaped:

Just some thoughts and observations. Some weeks or even months ago i started growing this cube i collected from a pasture. Even thou two of my grows came off the same print, i had two very different flushes.  Please observe..

First grow in a jug looked like this... tall, skinny, stringy; small caps a few cms to an inch wide

Quote:

Slimz said:
looks goood, but skinny stems suggest FAE iussue, no matter tho, its a nice harvest.. congrats..

the jug has extra sets of holes that are covered with duct tape as u can see with the pics... if it is an FAE issue, hopefully that will help.

2nd grow was an outdoor patch..  Came from same print, same set of syringes made at same time and it came out more thick, more flush, more meaty and i believe more potent... i noticed pretty good bluing and i wounder if the constant airflow from being outdoors played a part in making all this happen

the original cubes from the wild look like this...

obviously there are similarities.  I just cant get that out of my head now.  I keep thinking FAE, FAE..  Got to work on FAE.  I want all my flushes to be thick and meaty

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemataylor
Traveler

Loc: my/your mind
Re: 2 grows, same strain... two different looking mushrooms. [Re: Ogla]
    #11410471 - 11/08/09 10:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

losfreddy said:
I keep thinking FAE, FAE..  Got to work on FAE.  I want all my flushes to be thick and meaty

..and you'd be correct in that assumption.

awesome job by the way. you sir, have some true isolation skills

--------------------
Dont take my demons away, my angels may flee too.

fuck it dude, lets go bowling.

Offlinesmokescreen
80's Transformer
Male User Gallery

Loc: north carolina
Re: 2 grows, same strain... two different looking mushrooms. [Re: mataylor]
    #11410534 - 11/08/09 10:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have a similar thing going on.  I used a 4 3# spawn bags.  When colonized, I cased in a baking pan.  I also tried 8oz extremely wide mouth mason jars. I also started an outdoor patch.  The resulting mushrooms look VASTLY different from each.  The baking pan produced the most commercial looking shrooms (B+ was used).  The mason jars all produced extremely long (some 12") stems and small caps.  The outdoor patch produced large caps with short thick stems (resembled super mario bros. mushrooms in shape).  This is my first grow and I was amazed how much the grow can differ in appearence.  The potency seemed to be the same though

--------------------
:ganja: "Let's get together and feel alright" :ganja:                  :cubie: :mushroom2::tripping:

Offlinespazn420
zombie mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 grows, same strain... two different looking mushrooms. [Re: smokescreen]
    #11412861 - 11/08/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

mother nature will always grow better than we could ever imagine! The difference is one is in a controlled environment. The other is outdoors. Yes FAE is one of the differences but there are many! Mother nature will always win! I have done grows just the same as you, inside good mushies, but outdoors......unbelievable ones!!! The biggest mushroom I have "grown" was help with mother nature.

--------------------

OfflineMushface
DEADHEAD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and Now
Re: 2 grows, same strain... two different looking mushrooms. [Re: spazn420]
    #11462202 - 11/15/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting losfreddy, I'm eager to see how my friends wild tex will turn out in slighly colder temps.  I'll remember FAE.  They are very fast colonizers so i hear.  Can't wait to see them fruit. :mushroom2:

--------------------
What  Would  Jerry  Do?

Offlineusudor
Bonerking420

Re: 2 grows, same strain... two different looking mushrooms. [Re: Mushface]
    #11462741 - 11/15/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

if it was a spore print it can vary a lot.

--------------------
What are you going to do with your liberal arts degree? Write a 3rd person narrative about why you like playing with yourself in the mid-morning, instead of the afternoon, because you can't find a fuckin' job? --Captain Ahab
You'll see an classic example of real world exponential decay when a first year engineering course shrinks into a second year course and even more by third year. - Chem E prof

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: 2 grows, same strain... two different looking mushrooms. [Re: usudor]
    #11465733 - 11/16/09 08:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Where the print came from does not indicate 'strain', and two grows from the same print are not going to be the same 'strain'.  Expecting all fruits from the same print to look alike would be like expecting every child born to a couple to be identical twins. 
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: 2 grows, same strain... two different looking mushrooms. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #11467247 - 11/16/09 01:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Where the print came from does not indicate 'strain', and two grows from the same print are not going to be the same 'strain'.  Expecting all fruits from the same print to look alike would be like expecting every child born to a couple to be identical twins. 
RR

Good analogy.  I've mentioned to others before that rather than strain, we should call them "lineages" or as others have suggested, "races".  Two parents who are asian are going to have asian looking children, but like RR said, multiple children will not look exactly like, just generally alike.

InvisibleDanKnugget
Mysterious Traveller
Male

Loc: On a boat
Re: 2 grows, same strain... two different looking mushrooms. [Re: libertaire]
    #11467551 - 11/16/09 02:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So mushrooms from the same isolate would be the same strain?

--------------------
My 3 proverbs:
1. School is for people who don't know stuff.
2. Jobs are for losers.
3. Reading is for people with nothing better to do.

OfflineMushface
DEADHEAD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and Now
Re: 2 grows, same strain... two different looking mushrooms. [Re: DanKnugget]
    #11468848 - 11/16/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for a good explanation RR.  Makes sense when you put it that way.

--------------------
What  Would  Jerry  Do?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds