Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejohnnynice
untitled
 User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Avoiding bad trips alone
    #11403536 - 11/07/09 12:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

So the last couple times I did mushrooms I did them alone. I used to do them with a friend, but have lost contact, and dont know anybody else that does them. So I tripped alone a few times and had a fine time. But then me and my g/f broke up, and since then Ive tried tripping a couple times, and had terrible experiences. I only took small doses (bout 2g) but got sick, threw up, and felt absolutly terribly (guilty, scared, depressed, etc.) I assumed this was due to me n the g/f breaking up, subconsious issues or watever. Well its been a couple months now, and I am considering trying it again. Anyone have any advice on avoiding a bad trip when tripping alone? Or is it an unwise decision in general.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline2Cents
Mushie Friend
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Avoiding bad trips alone [Re: johnnynice]
    #11403617 - 11/07/09 12:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

....we love you :sun:

--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

Re: Avoiding bad trips alone [Re: 2Cents]
    #11403672 - 11/07/09 12:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Avoid dark places, stay in light areas. Nature in daylight works great for tripping. Think you'll have a good time and you will. When your mind starts to wonder to bad stuff, just remember delightful things.

--------------------

Offlinejohnnynice
untitled
 User Gallery

Re: Avoiding bad trips alone [Re: Wapakz]
    #11403755 - 11/07/09 12:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks guys, i suppose i might give it a shot.

OfflineredHue
Champion of the Sun
Male

Loc: the B
    #11403927 - 11/07/09 01:06 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, how do you feel in your everyday life?  still having bad thoughts about the ex g/f?  if so, work those things out first, then return to mushroom land.  never go into a trip thinking about the chance that you could have a "bad trip"

however, i think some of my greatest mental achievements have come during intense mushroom trips.  often times i go into a trip with a personal problem that i intend to dwell on during the trip, hoping to work through it.  as i'm sure you know, mushrooms can be very theraputic. 

don't give up on the mushroom bro.  give it another go, just remember the beauty of your life always overshadows the negative parts of it. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinemataylor
Traveler

Loc: my/your mind
    #11404002 - 11/07/09 01:14 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

personally, i think 2g isn;t that small of a dose. nowadays, i like to trip about that much by myself. sometimes i think it's even easier than tripping with a friend.

to the heart of the matter though; it is not the "being alone" that gave you difficult experiences. It appears you probably already know the true root, or at least have an idea:
Quote:

johnnynice said:
I assumed this was due to me n the g/f breaking up, subconsious issues or watever.

some alone time with the aid of a couple grams of cubensis will definitely help clear some of this mental clutter. remember, some experiences are going to be difficult--and it will be for reason. The sooner that you can truly realize, analyze, and accept/straighten-out these meantal issues; the sooner you will freed from their weight on your consciousness. believe me, after really working through a difficult experience (and not just freaking) the feeling of being able to let go of those issues is pure, weightless ephoria.

no one hopes for difficult experiences; but they can be the BEST and most fulfilling

go for it man, i believe in you.

--------------------
Dont take my demons away, my angels may flee too.

fuck it dude, lets go bowling.

Offlineastatide
all we have is now
Female User Gallery

Loc: in my mind
Re: Avoiding bad trips alone [Re: redHue]
    #11404021 - 11/07/09 01:16 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

redHue said:
however, i think some of my greatest mental achievements have come during intense mushroom trips.  often times i go into a trip with a personal problem that i intend to dwell on during the trip, hoping to work through it.  as i'm sure you know, mushrooms can be very theraputic. 

I agree. I nearly always trip alone and it's often for this reason. I actually prefer being indoors for these trips, and I agree with whoever mentioned light.

--------------------
She weeps time, starts unspoken, but when the gate swings there she'll be;
There she'll be: in green sun, on blue earth, under warm running showers

OfflineredHue
Champion of the Sun
Male

Re: Avoiding bad trips alone [Re: astatide]
    #11404063 - 11/07/09 01:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yes, i agree on the light suggestion too, especially natural daylight from the sun.  almost impossible to have a bad time on a warm beautiful day with the warm sun shining on your face...

--------------------

Offlinejohnnynice
untitled
 User Gallery

Re: Avoiding bad trips alone [Re: mataylor]
    #11404095 - 11/07/09 01:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Avoiding dark places makes sense, as the last two times my trips turned bad it was in the dark mostly (tried to sleep it off when I wasnt tired).

To mataylor, the 2g I took ended up being a small dose, as I threw it up, so probably didnt get all the effects.
Either way I will do a smaller dose this time. Cause although I'm a bit nervous about a bad trip, I still want to have some fun. And if it turns out Im still having issues Ill report here and ask your guys advice.
I think I'll try 15g fresh, maybe with a joint.

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

#11404116 - 11/07/09 01:29 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

three easy tips to avoid a bad trip
1.Right mindset.
2.Right time/setting.
3.CHILL out, remember it's going to be OK.

--------------------

Offlinemataylor
Traveler

#11404152 - 11/07/09 01:33 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

johnnynice said:
To mataylor, the 2g I took ended up being a small dose, as I threw it up, so probably didnt get all the effects.
Either way I will do a smaller dose this time. Cause although I'm a bit nervous about a bad trip, I still want to have some fun. And if it turns out Im still having issues Ill report here and ask your guys advice.

I like to do the same thing. start out small and take things from there. hell, just eat more if the experience needs to be taken further/deeper. i also find it a bit easier to integrate and analyze the trip this way (when that is the goal, mind you--i mean, sometimes though you just need a swift 4g kick in the ego).

--------------------

OfflineredHue
Champion of the Sun
Male

#11404174 - 11/07/09 01:36 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

johnnynice said:

personally i think low doses of mushrooms (under 2 grams) make for an uncomfortable time.  i feel like i'm lethargic and confused...and i get quite frustrated mentally sometimes, cause i can't think normally and i can't let the mushroom take over either.

try it out, i know lots of friends that like low doses...the joint part is a good idea though!

--------------------

Offlinejohnnynice
untitled
 User Gallery

#11404182 - 11/07/09 01:36 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Do you really find that that works? taking more that is? Cause from what Ive read (and experienced) due to tolerance build up you cant double dose. I tried taking more once (I had taken 1.5g, took an additional 1.5g after 1.5hours)and it didnt make me any higher, just prolonged the trip. Ive only tried it once though.

OfflineredHue
Champion of the Sun
Male

#11404253 - 11/07/09 01:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

personally i strongly disagree with redosing too...like you said, if you split an eighth in half, it just prolongs the trip, not making you higher.  i would get MUCH more enjoyment from eating the whole eigth at once then eating half and another half in a couple hours...

--------------------

Offlinejohnnynice
untitled
 User Gallery

#11404264 - 11/07/09 01:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well, just picked the mushrooms Im gunna take, small premature z-strain off a monotub. But completely solid base, trimmed it to weigh 15g. Looks like a potent one, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Invisiblelivelovelaugho9
Hippie
Female

#11404277 - 11/07/09 01:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Have some good music around.

--------------------
People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I don't
think that's what we're really seeking. I think what we're seeking is an
experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely
physical plane will have resonances within our own innermost being and
reality, so we can actually feel the rapture of being alive.:flowerchild:

Offlineilovephish1
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11404386 - 11/07/09 01:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I am in the same boat Jonnynice.  After a 20 year lull in taking shrooms or lsd I have found my love again.

I don't know anybody that enjoys them though so I usually trip alone or around friends.

I did have a weird experience the other day though.  I friend of mine has a support group for medical cannabis patients and I went to the meeting after about 3-4 grams dried shrooms.  Usually the meetings are fun and happy.  This meeting though was really a bummer as my friend is going through a very rough patch in his life.  Lost his girl, his job and has family troubles. Has talked about taking his own life!

I felt really bad for him and just wanted to help him but don't know what to do except be there for him. The vibe in the room was terrible.  I have tried to get my friend to try some shrooms but he says absolutely no...

Got him to see his doctor and he seems to be doing a bit better but still depressed...

So... jonnynice come on down to my part of town and I will trip with ya! :grin:

Offlinemataylor
Traveler

#11404485 - 11/07/09 02:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

johnnynice said:
Do you really find that that works? taking more that is? Cause from what Ive read (and experienced) due to tolerance build up you cant double dose. I tried taking more once (I had taken 1.5g, took an additional 1.5g after 1.5hours)and it didnt make me any higher, just prolonged the trip. Ive only tried it once though.

yes, it is true that you develope a tolerance. however, in my experience, this does not happen too quickly. if i eat like 1 or 1.5g and then eat another gram later i will definitely notice the difference. Now, that is not to say that eating like 3g and then eating another 2 or 3 like 3 hours later will bring you back to peaking--it has been too long by then. quite often i'll start out with, say, 1.5g and then just continually munch over the following couple hours until i'm at a comforatble spot with no desire to eat any more. I am not saying, however, that eating 3g up front will be the same in any way to eating 1.5 and munching on the rest over an hour. It just depends on what you are going for. sometimes i want the swift kick in the ego, sometimes i like to take it slow and analyze every minute detail and insight as they appear.

also, in general, the tolerance is not insurmountable. Many people used to say "oh you cant trip the day after due to tolerance." well you can. you will just have to eat more; and, since some amount of seratonin, dopamine, etc will be depleted from the previous trip, the experience could be less colorful, inviting, etc. shit, ive eaten some fungus the day after tripping and had an even more intricate and enjoyable experience. you can always trip harder if you eat more; but obviously we dont always have a unlimited supply of fungus to continually munch on, so dosage and timing is something to ponder.

fungus is never what you expect though, never. you could eat a few more just to prolong the trip and end up just tripping balls for the same amount of time. sometimes trips just stretch out for hours, and sometimes you just instantly snap out of it.

my motto:

YOU CAN ALWAYS JUST EAT SOME MORE

goddamn, sorry that was so long

--------------------

Offlinejohnnynice
untitled
 User Gallery

#11404575 - 11/07/09 02:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

haha, not too long at all, I appreciate the input. Also I do have an unlimited supply at the moment (as I know noone else who does them and I rarely take them) so I guess redosing is a possibility. This mushroom I'm eating now though (munching as I type) seems like it will do the trick. And Im not looking to trip too hard. Tripping hard is something I have not done yet, and dont think I want to do until I KNOW I am in a completely happy and comfortable mindset. I have heard some horror stories.

Offlinejohnnynice
untitled
 User Gallery

#11404587 - 11/07/09 02:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well, Im done eating, Im gunna go enjoy the sun now.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience