Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegoodloco
10 yrs vac. from marihuana
Male

Loc: english speaking non-US
first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes?
    #11402835 - 11/07/09 06:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

sorry if what i write reads stupid.

it's the first time and i have used a PES Amazonian 10cc. from MM.

I have not used any means of sterilization!

the dark stuff in the small box is rotting marihuana; also mixed in a little rice flour. at first the smell was horrible but it has settled and now has turned towards vanilla (still foul-smelling i guess due to bacteria).

now a small bright white spot has appeared and it is growing slowly (but steadily, increasing size each day).

I have also used agar-agar, some sugar-based jelly stuff (which is acidic), yeast, and animal bedding (wood shavings) as well also hay!

in the small plastic cup a solution which has already produced a white layer on the surface, growing quickly, and re-generating, especially when given yeast extract!

there is a photo of this layer, re-growing, it goes within hours!

now, is this psylocybe?

I have put all of it into a small box containing more nourishment solution, and animal bedding.

OK maybe I've watched or played too much Beneath a steel Sky, so...
if you do not know this game, just don't tell me about sterilization.

it's too much hassle for me.

I want your help pls. to do ID for the stuff you see in the pic's.

I hope to have more/better pic's soon.

I also have more spores, on two prints, and a big box with a lot of substrate (not subject of this post).

I have read a lot of web pages so pls. don't hesitate to talk in details; I can understand what you mean.

btw. the dark color of the nourishment solution does not come from loads of yeast extract; but running it through a large box containing various substrate; basically drained from the bottom.

--------------------
Here try this new cigarette it's made from Nigerian locoweed and wild dagga; it will get you high and you get a free month at the bughouse.

Edited by goodloco (11/07/09 06:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefast-fish
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: goodloco]
    #11402968 - 11/07/09 08:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry man, I'm not seeing anything good.

Offlinekanglow
Stranger with Candy
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: goodloco]
    #11403137 - 11/07/09 08:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

goodloco said:
I have not used any means of sterilization!

so...
if you do not know this game, just don't tell me about sterilization.

it's too much hassle for me.

Why would you not sterilize anything?  :confused: That seems to be only setting yourself up for failure.  :shrug:

What Tek did you follow? 

--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

Edited by kanglow (11/07/09 08:50 AM)

OfflineRazzleCap
Punkass Trippin

Loc: ghetto :(
Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: kanglow]
    #11403156 - 11/07/09 08:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Eh. I won't talk to you about sterilization.

But I will say not much good will come without it.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#11403215 - 11/07/09 09:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

you are possibly the most unintelligent person that has ever posted on this website.
congrats.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

Edited by prismism (11/07/09 09:58 AM)

OfflineRandomstickynote
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX Flag
Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: prismism]
    #11403451 - 11/07/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Can you describe your process? Whatever you're doing, it's not going to yeild viable psilocybin mushrooms, but we can help you out with that, first though, I want to figure out what I'm looking at.

What did you do to come to this point?

So far from what I understand you mixed a batch of your substrate (weed, brf, some agar, and some other stuff) and squirted spores onto it?

The second container is pet bedding (coir?) soaked with a nutrient solution, which you also squirted spores onto, and now it's growing a small amount of white stuff? You say you didn't sterilize anything, so I'm assuming you simply mixed, added moisture, sprayed on spores, and covered?

Before I go on to ask any more questions or give any more advice, I've got to ask. Are you screwing with us?

--------------------
AMU

Offlinechronosync
kicked the habit. shed my skin.

Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: Randomstickynote]
    #11403567 - 11/07/09 10:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

proper procedures are important.

you cant just wing it.

people follow and build teks because they work. messing around is a waste of time and energy. only ends with failure.

sterility is very important if you want success.

PF tek is what you want to try first. nail that procedure down, then move to grain spawn and pasteurized bulk subs.

good luck.

rotting marijuana????    wtf

OfflineBeelzebozo
www.beelzebozo.org
 User Gallery

Loc: Funny...
Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: Randomstickynote]
    #11403587 - 11/07/09 10:16 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

No sterilization is a plausable idea because it happens in nature all the time. though i would like to see mother natures pressure cooker, thing would be big as fuck. Anyway, i would say dont cover it because you WILL get some contams but if you leave it open to the air the contams wont be able to take hold as easily. you might get shrooms growing way before its done colonizing too. Best of luck you goofy fuck (I mean that in only the best of ways)

Really though, if that works, you better go buy a lottery ticket and hope all your luck didnt just turn into shrooms

--------------------
Wood growing shelf mushroom

The Tree it came from along with it's brothers and sisters

Buy a goddamn hydrometer and calibrate your fucking SGFC!!!

Invisiblewygram
Myconaut

Trusted Cultivator
Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: Beelzebozo]
    #11403656 - 11/07/09 10:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Beelzebozo said:
No sterilization is a plausable idea because it happens in nature all the time.

No it isn't. Indoor cultivation is nothing like nature. Outdoors molds and bacteria compete with each other and because of this keep one species from running rampant. That is why contaminated substrates can be buried outdoors and still possibly fruit. The contamination will be balanced out by the millions of other species of molds and bacteria that are out there.

Indoors nothing like this happens, that is why we sterilize our substrates and throw them at any sign of contamination. Indoors mushrooms are no competition to fast growing molds.

--------------------
Changing your mind is one of the best ways of finding out whether or not you still have one.

Offlinegoodloco
Male

Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: wygram]
    #11403884 - 11/07/09 10:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Randomstickynote,

it is not soo easy because i have taken maybe 20 to 30 steps.

Also you see partials of a big yellow box.

At first i poured agar-agar into water and added spores.
not much happened.
then, adding a little yeast extract, and something white started to grow on the surface.

I have run this through the yellow container with a lot of water.
then, I have obtained this brown liquid.

again, this white stuff is growing on the surface.

it might be anything, not neccessarily psylocybes.
what ever it is, it is growing fast:

just 4 hours (compare to the post at the beginning).

to the others, thanks, I am prepared to research, and to make experiments.
It's no matter- I mean, what is the cost of animal bedding? or some agar-agar?
a few $.

I want to work out sterilization free procedure, and yes, it might be difficult, but I think it's possible.

What I think is important is to give the psylocybes enough initial boost so then after that they can take over any substrate quickly.

normally animal bedding will not start to rot very quickly.
I am more thinking of it as a buffer.

what I use is a little rice flour, and agar-agar.

I mean yes if the contams catch up I am pawned.
I know that.
The goal is to get away without contams.

So in order to do that I modify this and that, use different mix, different container etc.

And your help is very appreciated.

I have read many of what you call "TEK" but all this sterilization is unthinkable in my small kitchen and far too much a hassle.

Btw. IF IT FAILS, as I wrote, I have more spores to start over again.

--------------------
Here try this new cigarette it's made from Nigerian locoweed and wild dagga; it will get you high and you get a free month at the bughouse.

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost in Spaceeeee
    #11404274 - 11/07/09 11:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Consider yourself a great mold farmer. You did it perfectly

--------------------

OfflineBreakfast Crew
Cheerios
Male

Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: Time Ed]
    #11404322 - 11/07/09 11:51 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Just take a big ol shit in there.

OfflineBeelzebozo
www.beelzebozo.org
 User Gallery

Loc: Funny...
Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: wygram]
    #11404419 - 11/07/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

wygram said:
Quote:

Beelzebozo said:
No sterilization is a plausable idea because it happens in nature all the time.

No it isn't. Indoor cultivation is nothing like nature. Outdoors molds and bacteria compete with each other and because of this keep one species from running rampant. That is why contaminated substrates can be buried outdoors and still possibly fruit. The contamination will be balanced out by the millions of other species of molds and bacteria that are out there.

Indoors nothing like this happens, that is why we sterilize our substrates and throw them at any sign of contamination. Indoors mushrooms are no competition to fast growing molds.

Thats what the rotting weed is for! drr :grin: and yeah i know, thus the lottery ticket comment

--------------------
Wood growing shelf mushroom

The Tree it came from along with it's brothers and sisters

Buy a goddamn hydrometer and calibrate your fucking SGFC!!!

Offlinekanglow
Stranger with Candy
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #11404682 - 11/07/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Randomstickynote said:Are you screwing with us?

This guy must be trolling us.

--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

OfflineRandomstickynote
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX Flag
    #11404727 - 11/07/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

kanglow said:
Quote:

And man is it hard to resist feeding...

Quote:

goodloco said:
it might be anything, not neccessarily psylocybes.
what ever it is, it is growing fast:

just 4 hours (compare to the post at the beginning).

What is that brown liquid by the way?

First off:
mushroom mycelium grows slower than a lot of mold mycelia; if you see significant growth in hours, it's NOT psilocybin cubensis.

If you see something else growing on whatever you're using to grow, that stuff has claimed it and 9 times in 10, you're not going to be able to just work around it like you would a weed.

Try to avoid wet soggy environments. Cubes wont grow great in swamps.

As much as it seems like you hate sterilization or anything that has to do with the term "tek", you should probably look into making an LC before you run out of spores, so you have plenty of active mycelium to work with. Active mycelium will also be a much better "jump start" than trying to germinate mushroom spores faster than molds can germinate or bacteria can take hold.

Also, if you're seriously interested in tripping on some psilocybin mushrooms, you might be better off finding an interested, possibly more motivated friend who would be willing to sterilize some grains, and pasteurize some substrate and get it right the first time, resulting in more than enough yeild for the months you spend perfecting your rotting marijuana, and open cup teks.

--------------------
AMU

Offlinechronosync
kicked the habit. shed my skin.

Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: kanglow]
    #11405357 - 11/07/09 02:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kanglow said:
Quote:

mariHUANA

hahahahahaha

no shit huh?

i thought only cops and lawmakers spelled it that way. diddnt even notice that until now.

anyways OP good luck with whatever it is your trying to do.

Offlinegoodloco
Male

Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: chronosync]
    #11409289 - 11/08/09 02:46 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm I do not have to duck in my life.
What I do (weed, shrooms) is not a crime.

And that's that.

Randomstickynote, thanks again.
I guess they don't grow well in swamps (but I have read, they do grow inside cow manures).

By the way, the brown liquid is not just some nourishment with squirted spores.
I have cultivated more than 4 days in agar-agar, and then something showed up on the surface.
Could it be mould on very watery agar-agar?

I have made more, different cultures, just today in the early morning,
as well, noticed a slug has eaten off a root from Marihuana seedling!

this is not so nice. I have put it back inside the propagator maybe it can re-grow.

There are maybe 20 or so plants right now, though they germinate slowly, I did not use ANY special equipment (just a cheap propagator).

Yes it is MARIHUANA, that was leeched using IP, two times, so it's pretty much weed without any further use.

Remember it is just fun writing here.
I have no urge to be successful, to duck, to hone some professional guru's.

Hope it's love peace freedom etc.

***** EDIT

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/719804/page/4
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5218271

I have found some appreciate pictures.
Hope my cultures will move towards that.

by the way the small box with the old marihuana is NOT the main culture, just an experiment.

as well the film on the surface, only experiment.
I am also wondering about this quick growth, it is visibly increasing each hour.
Moved this one into a horizontal PET bottle!

--------------------

Edited by goodloco (11/08/09 03:46 AM)

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
    #11409406 - 11/08/09 03:46 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

goodloco said:
I have no urge to be successful...

i figured.

--------------------

Offlinegoodloco
Male

Re: first time; creating spawn from spores; ID help is it psylocybes? [Re: Lucas89]
    #11409437 - 11/08/09 04:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

do you see any means of sterilization?

that's where the idea came from.
it is pretty much the remains of a small hard plant that died.

it's not psylocybe but I guess some kind of mushroom mycelium.
and it's dry for days sometimes.

Btw. loads of mould in my kitchen; never goes into the trays with the soil.

I have also made more cultures trying to grow psylocybes inside soil matrix; together with various plants debris.

altogether I have 10 or 12 different experimental cultures.

--------------------

Offlinesnowboarder3
Stranger

#11409478 - 11/08/09 04:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate