Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

DMT Extract
    #11399898 - 11/06/09 05:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, so I just started my very first extraction! I'm hopin' it goes well.

I started today at 3ish when I got off work.

I took around 200ml of water, put 2 tablespoons (30 g) of Lab Grade NaOH and stirred slowly until fully dissolved. Jar warmed a little.
After, I crushed thoroughly the 30 g of root bark that I had set aside from my failed Mimosahuasca attempts. LOL!
I put all 30 g in the solution and swirled it around until all the powder and remaining bark had "sunk" and was well covered.
It's now 7:18 and I have swirled the jar around probably 3 times.

I'm considering adding some of my V,M & P Naphtha now and swirling it about, repeating the swirling a few times before I go to bed later tonight... and before I go to bed, drawing it off and placing in a jar for freezer precipitation. Is this too soon to attempt, or will I get some results from it?

I'm a little anxious to atleast try a bit, because I have never smoked DMT before. 

Other than that, I'm going to continue the extraction as per the STB Tek.

--------------------
Disclaimer : Anything posting by this internet alias should be considered completely fiction and, for the most part, bullshit. :evil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrFill
Stranger
Re: DMT Extract [Re: I 3nj0y Pi3]
    #11400011 - 11/06/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

cool cool... exciting.

some of my friends have just made a few vials of extract and headed to EGA (enthiogenesis australis(i think thats what it stands for), a convention i wish i could go to in Melbourne Australia) for some trading. Seeing that little vial filled to the brim was terrifying and tempting at the same time.

Hope it goes well. This kind of extract is a real lesson in soul searching sometimes, but dont be scared when it takes your breath away. Everytime i do it i get the willys those few seconds before smoking, but i love it. I wonder if you will meet lady changa?... (you people know what im talking about).

Hands down, DMT is the one sure fire way to hallucinate. I personally recommend taking some and the very end of a mushroom trip. wow. Although, i have one friend who recommends trying it just before shrooms kick in.. heh....

once again... good luck

--------------------
Bah Chomp Bah Chomp Bah Chewy Comp

OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

#11400418 - 11/06/09 07:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Okay so.. 8:57... added 50ml of naphtha...
I took a picture, but it is of poor quality and doesn't show what I see. The naphtha layer has a slight brown color to it.
From what I understand, that means that spice has migrated into my naphtha layer?

What do you suggest I do, freeze precipitate or evaporate off the naphtha in a dish with a fan..?

--------------------
Disclaimer : Anything posting by this internet alias should be considered completely fiction and, for the most part, bullshit. :evil:

OfflineThe Demiurge
Stranger
Male

Loc: The Desert
    #11400730 - 11/06/09 08:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A friend of mines naptha is usually pretty yellow when he seperates it from the bark but you could give it a shot. I would say go with the freeze precipitation so you have a cleaner product and you can re use your naptha. STB has always given amazing results for my friend by the way. Let us know how it goes!!

O, and I still get nervous/anxious before every DMT trip but those feelings go away pretty quickly

--------------------
The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.

OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

Re: DMT Extract [Re: The Demiurge]
    #11400839 - 11/06/09 08:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well it is kinda brownish tinged. I am doing quite a small extraction...
Right now I am evaporating off the naphtha because I couldn't find anything to put it in to freeze it. But I can see something in the naphtha when I move the naphtha around. It has been evaporating for about 30 minutes now. I'm hoping it some crystals. But it is very apparent something is in there.

I also have more naphtha in the jar, swirling it around quite a bit before I go to bed. I'm in the process of finding a jar to freeze precip. I'm gonna wait until morning to draw this naphtha off. Hopefully I will get more results from it.

Do you think what is in my naphtha is crystals?

--------------------

OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

#11400995 - 11/06/09 09:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Success! Nice white crystals, even though they are quite tiny. But regardless, I successfully got crystals!

--------------------

Offlinefundamentalchair
Stand up
 User Gallery

#11401095 - 11/06/09 09:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

careful with the base only extraction. I had some serious ammounts of NaOH left and had quite the unenjoyable smoke once. a/b + sodium carbonate + recrystalizaion w/ activated charcoal is the way to go.

--------------------
semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit

Sclerotia FAQ... If ya ain't got any stones, grow some.

Will work for Laetiporus sulphureus culture/spores (or any other Laetiporus actually), :pm: me.

My Trade list.

Ghetto Tek: Auto FAE & Light

OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

Re: DMT Extract [Re: fundamentalchair]
    #11401244 - 11/06/09 10:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well here is the pics of my results.
Tell me what you think.

Would it be okay to smoke this?
And would this amount give me a breakthrough?

My Pinky Finger Nail.

--------------------

OfflineTWINKLES
Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #11401521 - 11/06/09 10:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I do STB tek with freeze precipetate all the time with great results, my crystals look about what yours does. That amount should be enough to give you a break through, but it all depends on how you smoke it. The key is getting as much into your lungs as quickly as possible (without scorching your lungs and caughing up precious spice). Have you ever heard of "the Machine"? Its a pretty good pipe to make for smoking DMT, Heres the link:
http://forums.mycotopia.net/attachments/botanicals-cactus-misc-entheogens-psychedelics/67822d1195320961-dmt-pipe-83484machine.jpg

One thing that file doesn't mention is making sure the steel whole is clean so your not sucking down unwanted fumes.

OfflineLeap
Lurker
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT Extract [Re: TWINKLES]
    #11401562 - 11/06/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In that waxy state, there is likely a lot of residual gunk left over that isn't DMT. I would not feel safe smoking that, but then again, there's plenty of people with lower standards than me.

--------------------
:thumbup: Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? :mushroom2:

October PES HW Grow

My thread on Sleep Paralysis - Please contribute!

The smell of sunshine, I remember sometimes.

OfflineThe Demiurge
Stranger
Male

Loc: The Desert
    #11402449 - 11/07/09 03:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The first stuff I ever smoked was even less pure than that appears so I'm sure you could break through on that. I always like to recrystalize for the purest product possible, less harsh on the lungs and not as much is needed but thats just me. congrats on your extraction though and enjoy!

--------------------
The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #11402504 - 11/07/09 03:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thats why i prefer to freeze precipitate rather than evaporatre, when you evaporate not only are you left with dmt crystals but other unwanted stuff that the naptha picked up.

freeze precipitation gives very clean results on the first pull, usually pretty much all white, later pulls tend to start giving some yellow crystalls along with white, but from smoking both the white and yellow crystalls i got the yellow crystalls wernt really much harsher than the white, though i think the white may be a bit more potent.

working with 30g is a pretty small amount, not really worth doing an extraction on, and if your rootbark was previously used from ayusca its possibly removed some of the dmt.

working with 100g of rootbark is awesome :-)!

also its better to use a scale to measure out your sodium hydroxide. I add a little extra just to be sure my solution is very basic. STB relies on getting the PH to about 13, if it isnt basic enough you can have problems with the npatha not seperating and emulsions not clearing.

the naptha shouldnt be tinted brown, to me a fine emulsion has formed and the colour your seeing is particles of rootbark/lye solution.

Your naptha should seperate fairly quickly, and should be clear. Usually it tints yellow, but people have still pulled spice even when it was still clear.

If you dont mind the harshness of smoking a little fats and sodium hydroxide you can give it a shot.

I like using a small bong that has water in it, the water cools the smoke making it less harsh. Smoking it right is the tricky part, dmt has a low vaporisation point so its pretty easy to burn it, which makes it taste awefull and wastes some of it. Also when it heats up, its turns into an oil so you need something to stop it falling through the gauze, some people use herb, some ash. Ive used a tiny amount of tobaccoo on bottom, dmt then a little tobacoo on top which worked pretty well.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

Re: DMT Extract [Re: veda_sticks]
    #11402682 - 11/07/09 05:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nah man, I had 56 g of root bark and failed mimosahuasca attempts, left with 30 g. I didn't reuse anything. So I decided to do an extraction on what I had left. I have never smoked DMT and I wanted to experience it.

Last night I smoked my product, having intense feelings but not a break through. I didn't get all the smoke in at one time. I was a little on the edge because i didn't know what to expect, but now that I do next time will be different.

And the color is the same as the pics on the STB Tek. Just much lighter.

I used a regular pipe with mint leaves as the ground. LoL! Figured it would do me better. My wife said it smelled awful. Didn't mind the taste. I just couldn't tell when I was vaping the DMT.

About the second hit, my entire body was feeling great. Things kinda rushed at me. My couches texture was very pronounced. I couldn't look at my wife... Her eyes looked strange.

But then it left me as quick as it came one.

So I hit it a second time, this was a very good experience.
It felt as though my conscious would leave my body at any moment. But it was just above my body, it couldn't fully come out.
I had my eyes closed, some tricks played but nothing spectacular.

After that, I just wanted to sleep.

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11402713 - 11/07/09 05:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah it does smell pretty horrib, kind of plasticy smell.

When you take a good rip of it hold it in for 15 seconds, this is so that all of the dmt gets absorbed, if you just smoke normal you waste alot. Hold it in, then take another rip. though usually when i do i i managed to get enough in 1 hit to propel me pretty far out.

nothing can prepare you for the sheer intensity of the experience and what you see, visual arnt just on surfaces, there everywhere!

--------------------

Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD

OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

#11402773 - 11/07/09 06:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, exactly. Like rubber or plastic production. That's what I imagined when I smelled it. My wife was disgusted.

On the first hit, I didn't experience it 'cause I don't think I hit the DMT. But the second hit.. oh my.. I felt it want to take affect.

I was holding the hits in as long as I could, ripping from the bowl as much as I could. But I had a lot of mint leaves on there, and I think I was getting more of that. I'm tryin' to figure a better way to smoke it. Right now I'm crystalizing some more so...

It's looking pretty good, actually.
Seems I've got a lot more crystals in this batch then the last, looking about the same color.
I wish I had enough to recrystalize, but I would just loose so much in the process. Makes me a bit eh about smokin' this yellow hued crystal.

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11402792 - 11/07/09 06:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

if it was stained orange/brown then it would be a definate no smoke as that would be some lye/rootbark.

Yellow crystals just contain some other stuff from the bark, possible some plat fats or other unknown actives.

Ive not found much difference between the white and yellow.

I think i read a while back that if you hold the flame next to the dmt before inhaling, so that it heats it up and melts, then you can take a rip and that should vap it nicely. take a slow long easy inhale, if you go too fast it pulls the flame into the dmt/herb mix and get it very hot.

im not too keen on using a pipe, seems like the smoke would be quite hot. Tried using a lightbulb vaporizer which was horrible, the smoke was very hot, left my lips pretty nip, mouth a bit sore and also felt like the smoke had cooled down and coated the back of my throat.

--------------------

OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

#11402807 - 11/07/09 06:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, i originally made a light bulb vap for the purpose, but everyone said it was a horrible experience. So I didn't use it.

The crystals are a pale yellow, like what is in the picture I posted above. Once my phone charges, I will take a picture of this batch so you can see. Before and after I scrape.

Yeah, I tried holding the flame to the side of it and drawing it in slow.
At one time, the mint leaf being so dry, it erupted into flame. LMAO! That wasn't too cool. But I got a huge rip and a nice onset with that one. But... probably destroyed a bit of product there.

--------------------

OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

#11402819 - 11/07/09 06:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Still drying, but this is the second draw.

--------------------

Offlinescottandrew
Stranger
 User Gallery

... [Re: I 3nj0y Pi3]
    #11406906 - 11/07/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by scottandrew (11/16/09 07:17 PM)

OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

Re: DMT Extract [Re: scottandrew]
    #11409658 - 11/08/09 06:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Where do I get n-heptane?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom