Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegeometer
Stranger
How to induce Ego Death?
    #11401781 - 11/06/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys.  I've got some leftover LSD that I want to use for spiritual purposes.  I've already had one ego death experience, but I was wondering if any more experienced trippers have any techniques to get to this state of mind (other than upping the dosage).  The first time I did it I wasn't really planning on it, and the subsequent times I didn't really have a chance, so I'm not even sure it's possible to do it on purpose (although I think I can).  Thanks for your wisdom.

~peace

Edited by geometer (11/06/09 11:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsychonot2329
Stranger
Re: How to induce Ego Death? [Re: geometer]
    #11402101 - 11/07/09 01:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I would recommend reading spiritual texts--surprisingly, Kabbalah texts capture very well the concept of ego death, the nature of god/dao/nothingness/universal consciousness, etc. Also good would be the Tibetan Book of the Dead (of course).

Meditation and spending a few days leading to the trip in solitude and silence has always worked for me.

Good luck, be strong, and know that you will be ok.

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
    #11402156 - 11/07/09 01:16 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The only way I know of to increase the likelihood of experiencing ego death is to take huge doses of psychedelics. On average I have to take at least 10 grams of cubes or 10 hits of LSD to experience ego death. :tripping:

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

OfflinePsychonot2329
Stranger
Re: How to induce Ego Death? [Re: NlightNd1]
    #11402180 - 11/07/09 01:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You must have really poor quality stuff. Very unfortunate. 10 grams or 10 hits? Shame. Either your quality is really poor, your tolerance extremely high, or you're lying.

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Re: How to induce Ego Death? [Re: Psychonot2329]
    #11402192 - 11/07/09 01:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psychonot2329 said:
You must have really poor quality stuff. Very unfortunate. 10 grams or 10 hits? Shame. Either your quality is really poor, your tolerance extremely high, or you're lying.

What is your definition of ego death?

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

OfflinePsychonot2329
Stranger
    #11402208 - 11/07/09 01:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I wish I could put it into words. I've died 3 times within a single trip from just over 5 grams. My psyche ceased to be; I was amongst what some call Tao, others God, Nirvana or nothingness.

OfflineredHue
Champion of the Sun
Male

Loc: the B
    #11402217 - 11/07/09 01:27 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psychonot2329 said:

yep.

--------------------

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

#11402219 - 11/07/09 01:27 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I guess my definition of ego death is way beyond most people's because I've been extremely far down the rabbit hole. When I refer to ego death I'm talking about a level 4 - 5 trip. This is the level in which my entire perception of individuality and my sense of self is completely obliterated. Perhaps there are different levels of ego death but whenever I refer to it I'm talking about the highest level that can be achieved without developing temporary amnesia. There have been countless threads about ego death in this forum and it seems that everyone has a different definition as to what ego death is.

--------------------

Edited by NlightNd1 (11/07/09 01:30 AM)

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
    #11402220 - 11/07/09 01:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
Quote:

Psychonot2329 said:

What is your definition of ego death?

I've been brought to tears by .5 grams of cubensis, and I've had completely uneventful, somewhat boring trips at an 1/8. SET AND SETTING!

I'd say to induce ego-death, you should make sure you're in a position where you will be able to meditate. All my experiences with ego death have been while my surroundings are quiet and not distracting.

My best ego-death experience was the first time I took an 1/8 and went for a walk under the full moon last may. I no longer understood the concept of life or death, I just was, and just being was the ultimate bliss.

I've certainly had ego death many times; never dosed over 5 grams.
Myk

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

OfflinePsychonot2329
Stranger
    #11402228 - 11/07/09 01:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have been to level 5 many times--on 5 grams-6 grams. I developed hard HPPD for a while. I'd like to learn of your experiences "far down the rabbit hole"--I know it's hard to explain, but, please do your best.

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

#11402289 - 11/07/09 01:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

A level 5 trip is a trip that takes you into another dimension. If you haven't lost complete visual contact with this universe then it couldn't have been a level 5 trip. A level 4 trip is when your surroundings are so distorted that you can barely identify them as being something recognizable. When I experience ego death, I can't perceive myself as being an independent component within the universe. I become the universe. While experiencing ego death, there is no time and no space. Everything merges into one singularity including time itself. Space is infinite and the flow of time turns into one expression called eternity. Everything that makes up who I am in normal reality is completely destroyed by ego death. Such things include my likes and dislikes, my memories of my family, friends, or "real" life, and everything else. It all becomes irrelevant and meaningless. I just become a free-floating, observing, perceiving consciousness in a pool of infinity. While experiencing ego death I have no personality and I usually have almost no memory of ever being a human being. While experiencing ego death I probably wouldn't even be able to recognize my own mother. It's really difficult to explain.

--------------------

OfflinePsychonot2329
Stranger
    #11402309 - 11/07/09 01:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well-put.

Though, again, legit shroom quality should only require 4-5 grams to achieve that; and 1-2 hits of legit acid as well.

Regardless, its an incredible experience--ego death--it is the destruction of all boundaries of consciousness, discernment, and control. It is the plunge into the great abyss of mind and the scattering to the winds of all prejudices, thoughts, identities (projected to the outside world and even within ones own head), and knowledge. The suspension of the ego for those fleeting moments of divine consciousness are something to be cherished, however terrifying the experience can at times be. That we share similar experiences indicates that our psychedelic use is indeed tapping into something REAL, hidden under the surface and obscured by our ego to allow us to function...perhaps it is that nothingness that is God/Tao and keeps us running? I dont know.

Offlinecrkhd
☾☼☽

Loc: A human sphere enfolding ...
    #11402467 - 11/07/09 03:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
A level 5 trip is a trip that takes you into another dimension. If you haven't lost complete visual contact with this universe then it couldn't have been a level 5 trip. A level 4 trip is when your surroundings are so distorted that you can barely identify them as being something recognizable. When I experience ego death, I can't perceive myself as being an independent component within the universe. I become the universe. While experiencing ego death, there is no time and no space. Everything merges into one singularity including time itself. Space is infinite and the flow of time turns into one expression called eternity. Everything that makes up who I am in normal reality is completely destroyed by ego death. Such things include my likes and dislikes, my memories of my family, friends, or "real" life, and everything else. It all becomes irrelevant and meaningless. I just become a free-floating, observing, perceiving consciousness in a pool of infinity. While experiencing ego death I have no personality and I usually have almost no memory of ever being a human being. While experiencing ego death I probably wouldn't even be able to recognize my own mother. It's really difficult to explain.

Can you still move around under this state?

--------------------

"Everything there is, and all that there is, is a Pattern of unspeakable proportion. The Pattern contains everything that is, completely fixed in succession, all the minimal particles interconnected in every way that is. Every way that is is not every conceivable way, because not everything that can be conceived is manifest in the pattern."

"THE Human, you, is a miniscule but essential part of that pattern. In it lies complete fulfillment. It will never become something it is not, but it will never need to be anything else." - Wiccan_Seeker

"If boring drudgery was the way of the universe, everything would have killed itself long ago." - Spacerific

Offlinecypherantidote
Stranger

#11402585 - 11/07/09 04:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

this may be subjective, but i induced an ego death by doing this on one tab of weak acid. while being still, in complete silence, i fixed my vision on one point of my bodily image, my forehead. soon enough, the slight visual distortions that were dancing on my face will start to find its way onto the mirror image of my surroundings; eventually, only eyes envelop my vision. i would allow the image to soak in for a bit, close my eyes and allow my imagination play with the sight of my image being my "surroundings". with my eyes still closed and mind concentrated on the apparent connection of my image with the rest of the world, i would then turn around (away from the mirror), open my eyes and look at the non-mirrored surroundings i was earlier connected to, only to find that there is no connection, just wall. looking only at my hands, i turned around (without being distracted by other objects) and stared back into the mirror and at the image of what seemed to be the self. staring deeper and longer then caused a feeling of being "led" down a darkening tunnel where the universe as it appeared started to loose meaning, and my identity splintered off with the disintegration of the material world and the associations "i" had with it. the external world increasingly lost all corollary relation with consciousness and became more and more ultimately causal to the point where there wasn't an external world or an internal conscience, but just "one" eternal and non-existant reality.

:psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:

weird, eh?

like i said, this may be totally subjective. but, now every time i stare into a mirror while tripping, i could induce an ego death if i concentrate. i took as low as half a tab acid and could still experience this. but i have the feeling that this might lose meaning for me if done too many times, although, maybe not -- but deffinately not sure.

thoughts?
thoughts?

--------------------

...is merely unfolding.

Edited by cypherantidote (11/07/09 04:45 AM)

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Re: How to induce Ego Death? [Re: crkhd]
    #11402633 - 11/07/09 04:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

crkhd said:
Quote:

NlightNd1 said:

Can you still move around under this state?

I'm sure it's possible but I never do. It's very difficult to navigate this dimension when you can't really see it anymore. I usually just end up laying down until I reacquire my perception of reality.

--------------------

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#11402898 - 11/07/09 07:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have never achieved ego death from LSD and I have taken up to 10 hits at once.It takes a quarter of some good cubes for me to reach the point of ego death.

Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #11402941 - 11/07/09 07:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
I guess my definition of ego death is way beyond most people's because I've been extremely far down the rabbit hole. When I refer to ego death I'm talking about a level 4 - 5 trip. This is the level in which my entire perception of individuality and my sense of self is completely obliterated. Perhaps there are different levels of ego death but whenever I refer to it I'm talking about the highest level that can be achieved without developing temporary amnesia. There have been countless threads about ego death in this forum and it seems that everyone has a different definition as to what ego death is.

I experienced ego death from 3.5 g of cubes...

I sat in the woods in complete stillness in the middle of a downpour, and watched as time stopped and I loss my identity and realized we are all one, with everything.... etc.

Life altering to say the least. It was also my first trip, and I had no clue what ego loss was...

--------------------
"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Everything in moderation... Including moderation...

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#11402993 - 11/07/09 08:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
The only way I know of to increase the likelihood of experiencing ego death is to take huge doses of psychedelics. On average I have to take at least 10 grams of cubes or 10 hits of LSD to experience ego death. :tripping:

Try increasing meditation rather than dosage.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineMindGorilla
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: How to induce Ego Death? [Re: deCypher]
    #11403032 - 11/07/09 08:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have two suggestions for you.

1. Be alone if you want ego death, ditch all technology, because all technology will do is anchor you in reality. I would recommend just sitting around and doing absolutely nothing, in this way you'll be riding shotgun.

2. If that isn't enough and your feeling really crazy. Turn off the lights and sit in the dark for a little bit.

Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle of kansas
    #11403175 - 11/07/09 08:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:

this is probably not lying i have done 10 of each before while my friends thank 2 is enuf so if i can do it others DO for shure.

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]
β€œTo be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”― Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale