Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblealexithymia
Smiling Puppy
Loc: Utah
Smoking weed=terrible experience now
    #11401827 - 11/07/09 01:56 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Smoking has never been a regular routine for me, but I used to do it about 2-3 times a month. I first smoked about 4 years ago. I'm not sure what happened but within the last year my highs changed completely. I used to get high and be all giggly and happy and whatnot. I used to LOVE getting high. All of a sudden one day I got high and I freaked the absolute fuck out. I didn't even have that much, just 2 hits from a bong and I thought my heart was going to explode. It literally became painful and I started hyperventilating and thinking I was going to die. I was also convulsing and I thought I was having a seizure.  I was a bit reluctant to try smoking again, but I did, a 2nd and 3rd time. And I had the exact same experience the next times. Again, I didn't even have that much. The last time I took ONE hit (albeit a big one) from a pipe and still had that absolute terrible experience. The last time I actually closed my eyes at one point to try to calm down and saw this bright white light and heard some strange high pitch opera singing, it was almost as if I was arriving at the pearly gates of heaven or something.  I am not exaggerating, and I know for a fact none of that weed was laced.

Has anyone had this happen? I've only smoked 3 times in the last year and a half (all of which were the bad experiences). It's really disappointing... I really don't understand how I went from having these awesome fun highs to having such extremely scary experiences.  I miss the good old days of being high :frown: Help?

Edited by alexithymia (11/07/09 02:01 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Smoking weed=terrible experience now [Re: alexithymia]
    #11401845 - 11/07/09 01:59 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I stopped liking high doses of weed myself.  I take one hit every 2 hours or so, just to keep a nice buzz going from when I wake up to when I go to sleep.  Hate smoking with other people though, 'cuse they always want to smoke a full eighth with me or something.  Fuck that shit.  Take a light light hit out of a bowl and chill.  Bongs are for people who want to be completely delirious, or people who have enormous tolerances.

Unless you're smoking brick weed, in which case you could probably get away with a few moderate hits.

OfflineMr_Insidious
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11401854 - 11/07/09 02:01 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Last night I had an experience where I felt my whole body was going to explode and had this really strange sensations. My head was pulsating and my eyeballs felt like they were going to burst.

Was a little bit worried but I was just very stoned.

Hah.. I had smoked too much out of the bong though.. after an hour I was feeling nice euphoria, and proceeded to write some music.

Maybe have a longer break from it, and ease back into it?

Offlinetripcat
tripper
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking weed=terrible experience now [Re: Mr_Insidious]
    #11401876 - 11/07/09 02:07 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

that's exactly the same as me..

i quit for six months and now i can smoke about twice a month, but in good settings and it's that same old giggly high.

but i still do get a little heart uncomfort, i've just gotten better at ignoring it

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

#11401878 - 11/07/09 02:07 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i was like that until recently (last yr) doing a large dose of shrooms and acid. Once i realized that when im stoned compared to a lvl 4 its coffee  :awedrugs: and that its a piece of cake.

Invisiblealexithymia
Smiling Puppy
    #11401896 - 11/07/09 02:10 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:

Unless you're smoking brick weed, in which case you could probably get away with a few moderate hits.

Ugh, I don't even know. The last time it was one hit from a pipe.. It's ridiculous. And so frustrating.

Quote:

Mr_Insidious said:

Maybe have a longer break from it, and ease back into it?

After the first bad experience, it wasn't until 6 months later that I tried smoking again. And after that 2nd bad experience it was another few months. :undecided: My days to light up are numbered haha.. I'm going to be applying for corporate jobs before I know it bleh. Or maybe I'll just go on to grad school to delay that.. We'll see.

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

#11401908 - 11/07/09 02:13 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well if you wait too long, you'll lose your tolerance, and the next time you smoke pot, it'll be just as bad.  If you enjoy smoking, I'd recommend that you just smoke like 1/4 of a hit every day for a few days until you can work your way up.  If it's not worth it, eat some shrooms and have a beer. :laugh:

OfflineValknut
Bathory Horde
Male

Loc: Felucca by brit gy Flag
    #11401939 - 11/07/09 02:21 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Everything you are describing has occurred to me multiple times as well.

The opera music I totally believe.

I got stuck in a "time loop" from just 3 hits from a glass pipe.
The worst part was I was driving @ night in a forest so I thought I had died and when I finally reached home or where ever I was driving I would die.

Also I kept thinking that I had allready died and was in a time loop while driving.

Was scary shit.

--------------------

Journey to the end.

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

#11401990 - 11/07/09 02:38 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

alexithymia said:
Smoking has never been a regular routine for me, but I used to do it about 2-3 times a month. I first smoked about 4 years ago. I'm not sure what happened but within the last year my highs changed completely. I used to get high and be all giggly and happy and whatnot. I used to LOVE getting high. All of a sudden one day I got high and I freaked the absolute fuck out. I didn't even have that much, just 2 hits from a bong and I thought my heart was going to explode. It literally became painful and I started hyperventilating and thinking I was going to die. I was also convulsing and I thought I was having a seizure.  I was a bit reluctant to try smoking again, but I did, a 2nd and 3rd time. And I had the exact same experience the next times. Again, I didn't even have that much. The last time I took ONE hit (albeit a big one) from a pipe and still had that absolute terrible experience. The last time I actually closed my eyes at one point to try to calm down and saw this bright white light and heard some strange high pitch opera singing, it was almost as if I was arriving at the pearly gates of heaven or something.  I am not exaggerating, and I know for a fact none of that weed was laced.

Has anyone had this happen? I've only smoked 3 times in the last year and a half (all of which were the bad experiences). It's really disappointing... I really don't understand how I went from having these awesome fun highs to having such extremely scary experiences.  I miss the good old days of being high :frown: Help?

get used to it. u are experiencing HPPD more than likely; the beginnings of it. thats what i have and u described my experiences with weed nearly perfect.

in th elong run it will make any time u smoke after a long tolerance break pure hell and ull slowly start to understand why. the feeling like ur hearts going to explode, the grinding away at the mind,...it gets worse. itll go away if u keep smokign daily but yea those first few times after a break are hell.

if u DO have HPPD, look it up to learn about it, and dont be afraid of it. ur going to become highlyhighly sensitive to weed if not all drugs.

--------------------

OfflineMr_Insidious
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking weed=terrible experience now [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11402514 - 11/07/09 05:43 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck i feel you. Smoked just before, 1 full cone and 1 small cone.

fuck.

haha so dammmmn blazed, this skunk shit is crazy. good weed with the right amount but fuck, i feel like im being destroyed in every part of my body.. very psychedelic.

turning the light off pretty much makes fall into an abyss of pounding visuals  in this dark room

feel like im gonna explode

in about half an hour this subsides to yet still a powerful but not as retarded, crazy tripping balls buzz.

Invisiblealexithymia
Smiling Puppy
    #11403777 - 11/07/09 12:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Valknut said:
Everything you are describing has occurred to me multiple times as well.

The opera music I totally believe.

Glad to know I'm not alone.. How did you overcome it? Did you just stop smoking or what?

Quote:

whatdidusay said:

get used to it. u are experiencing HPPD more than likely; the beginnings of it. thats what i have and u described my experiences with weed nearly perfect.

in th elong run it will make any time u smoke after a long tolerance break pure hell and ull slowly start to understand why. the feeling like ur hearts going to explode, the grinding away at the mind,...it gets worse. itll go away if u keep smokign daily but yea those first few times after a break are hell.

if u DO have HPPD, look it up to learn about it, and dont be afraid of it. ur going to become highlyhighly sensitive to weed if not all drugs.

I read a bit up on HPPD a while ago. Isn't that basically when you have permanent flashbacks (mostly from psychedelic drug use)? I've never experienced any sort of flashback when sober.  The first time I had that really bad experience with weed, I hadn't touched any other drug. I've done shrooms  4-5 times since and I've never had a bad trip or anything. The first time on the come up I got a bit anxious and starting freaking out slightly, but after I calmed down I was golden for the rest of the trip.

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

#11404010 - 11/07/09 01:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

This used to happen to me but I was just exaggerating  the effects. Luckily smoking with friends it the only time I don't get paranoid. I barely even smoke anymore, though.

--------------------

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

#11404499 - 11/07/09 02:12 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

HPPD is a disorder in which slight visuals persist forever.  Slight melting or light trails and such.  Not a full on flash back.  It shouldn't affect your pot experience.  Though if your brain was sensitive enough to be striken with HPPD, you might also be more sensitive to pot.

OfflineSaNct
Stranger

Re: Smoking weed=terrible experience now [Re: BothHands]
    #11405115 - 11/07/09 03:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I used to smoke a lot. I mean chain smoking almost daily. Pipes, bongs, bowls you name it. It was a natural beautiful stony amazing high. After 420, I had the worst case of anxiety disorder that kept reoccurring every time I lit up. But I slowed down a bit, now my highs are back to normal.

Usually when you smoke marijuana a lot, it can affect the brain's chemistry dramatically. Causing a few short term negative side effects like depression, anxiety disorder, drowsiness shit like that. I recommend taking a break probably a month or two. Maybe three at most before smoking again. Give your mind some time to relax.

OfflinePhishy420
Stranger
    #11405631 - 11/07/09 05:17 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

whatdidusay said:
Quote:

alexithymia said:

Um no, this is absolutely not HPPD that you are describing. Weed does not cause HPPD nor will it make it worse. It sounds to me like you are just smoking some really nice bud. The only advice I can give you is to smoke more. It appears that you have no tolerance whatsoever. If you smoke more, your tolerance will increase and you will have less of the negative effects that cause you to freak out.

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: Smoking weed=terrible experience now [Re: Phishy420]
    #11405870 - 11/07/09 05:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Phishy420 said:
Quote:

whatdidusay said:
Quote:

alexithymia said:

Um no, this is absolutely not HPPD that you are describing. Weed does not cause HPPD nor will it make it worse. It sounds to me like you are just smoking some really nice bud. The only advice I can give you is to smoke more. It appears that you have no tolerance whatsoever. If you smoke more, your tolerance will increase and you will have less of the negative effects that cause you to freak out.

HPPD is 24 7 minor visual disturbances, including synethesia, and also HPPD does not have to be caused by prior use of hallucinogens, bc ive seen many of the hppd symptoms day to day night to night for the past 20 years. HPPD will cause any1 who has a serious case of HPPD to experience more pronounced hallucinations and effects from drugs, yes INCLUDING weed. any substance that has a potential to create hallucinations both audible and visual, when taken by the user who has a case of HPPD, with the right dosage and in the right environment can cause widely varaible differences and reactions and experiences that varies with the user, that normal ppl who dont have HPPD wont and usualyl dont understand.

for istance when i smoke weed alone, its usually at night, and when the lights are off the fractals are more then enough to handle, and the anxiety is downright pure hell. ive also noticed i have this cont. exp wher eit feels like if i dont look at the lights the room feels like its getting darker, i start to go deaf and numb, and i can tell ill blackout soon. so i stare at those lights. they keep me connected to reality. now on the other hand if i smoke by myself during the daytime out in the forest for instance ill be just fine. the visual disturbances only come hwen im in dark or dimly lit places, otherwise theyre a part of my life as much as breathing is, very unoticeable unless i wish to focus on the constant static or the faces in the carpet and walls.

--------------------

Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #11406047 - 11/07/09 06:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Smoking just became very depressing for me at one point, so depressing and unpleasant. I couldn't smoke alone and even with people it could very easily become depressing. I had to prepare for being high as though it was a mushroom trip.

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

"in the 60's people took acid to make the world seem weird. Now the world is weird, and people take prozac to make it seem normal."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience